"Angelic Rose" (Tentative name, AKA Peorth v2) Need help picking parts

So I'm not sure how to start this, since my current Machine Peorth is over 10 years old now with an Gen 1 i7 960, it's definitely time for an upgrade, since I'm doing streaming/recording gameplay I wanted to go with threadripper so I can have cores for streaming/recording and cores for gameplay. 

So I currently have an Alienware 3440x1440 Ultrawide main monitor, and an old Iiyama 1080p monitor that I use as a secondary for chat/youtube/OBS/Twitch dash/everything else that I would like to upgrade to 4k Monitor so I can monitor more at once. I don't know if this will affect gaming/cpu performance if it's not being used for any gaming.

Budget is not an issue, I have saved some money for some time and just like Peorth when I first built it, I want to spend money on something that will last for a long time.

Lastly, as I have been building computers since I was 15, putting PCs together is second nature to me, I've swapped components in and out of Peorth, swapped her into several new cases for years, I decided after watching far too much of Jayztwocents videos that maybe I should try watercooling for a challenge. I want to start with flexitubing with no fancy liquid, just some pink dye in distilled water.

I did want to get into a white and pink theme, even maybe doing some modding like etching the window with a rose. Even painting a case if I can't find one with enough white on that I like. Sadly with Caselabs shutting down my options are severely limited, since I have my PC under the desk and to the side, I would like radiators to be at the front and top, and would like a full or super tower with enough radiator space for the TR2 CPU/Mobo VRM and 2 graphics cards.

So here's current Peorth: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pyrii/saved/32M9TW

Here's PCPP list for the new PC so far, with stuff copied over that I intent to try and keep. HDDs/SSDs are a little up in the air, I've like to switch to NVMe:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pyrii/saved/NVrV6h

What parts I need recommendation on is:

• Motherboard: TR4 X399 motherboards with plenty of VRM headroom, full Custom waterblock support also wanted. 2NVMe slots minimum, lots of USB 3.x support. 8-slot quad channel memory. And not a garrish "gamer" design. Or something that could be modded for a cleaner look.
  • Memory: Memory speed is very important, fast ram at 32-64Gb max (Honestly I have 24Gb in my current system and haven't maxxed it out yet so 32Gb (4x8gb) most likely with the option to buy the same kit to double later if needed would be best)
  • Case: Front and top 360 rad support, full tower or super tower case that's moddable (To paint white, though white case preferred since less work) with a side TG window that I can etch onto. With caselabs gone, my options are severely limited now :/ Though I was already ont he fence about spending that amount
  • Graphics Cards: I was tempted to jump on dual 1080 Tis in SLI once the 2080 was revealed, but the price of the 2080 Ti seems to have inflated the cost of the 1080Tis since pople looked at the 2080Ti and thought "Nope". It's a throw-up to see if the 2070 might be worth getting instead. I think waiting on benchmarks will help. But then it's waiting on waterblocks for the cards. Let's just see what a decent 1080Ti set-up could be. Watercooling block support would be required.
  • Watercooling: I've decided on a Alphacool lighttower res, I would like blockes and fittings without logos plastered all over them or the ability to take the logos off. Since this is meant to be a primarily white and pink build, nickel plated or white fittings would be great. Tubing will be flexible and dye some distilled water pink to keep it simple for my first watercooling build.
  • Power Supply: Something that will hopefully run fanless at med-high load if possible, noise is a concern. I've never had problems with corsair PSUs so tempted just to get another RM1000i since my current one has been running for 5+ years now. My server (Yggdrasil) has my old TX650

Budget: I have quite a bit saved up so budget isn't a problem, since I'm disabled and stream, I spent a lot of time with my computer so I'm not adverse to spending money to make my experience better for a comfortably long time. Of course I'm not going to throw cash away on something more than I need. If I had to set a budget, I'd say I'd not like to go above £3-4k. I need a shopping list to start looking for deals on parts.

I've spent a week writing this post, I'm not sure what else I can write, I just need to get this out there now so I can start planning. Once everything's together I can start a build log and start explaining the "Peorth" > "Angelic Rose" connection.

40 minutes ago, Pyrii said:

So I'm not sure how to start this, since my current Machine Peorth is over 10 years old now with an Gen 1 i7 960, it's definitely time for an upgrade, since I'm doing streaming/recording gameplay I wanted to go with threadripper so I can have cores for streaming/recording and cores for gameplay. 

So I currently have an Alienware 3440x1440 Ultrawide main monitor, and an old Iiyama 1080p monitor that I use as a secondary for chat/youtube/OBS/Twitch dash/everything else that I would like to upgrade to 4k Monitor so I can monitor more at once. I don't know if this will affect gaming/cpu performance if it's not being used for any gaming.

Budget is not an issue, I have saved some money for some time and just like Peorth when I first built it, I want to spend money on something that will last for a long time.

Lastly, as I have been building computers since I was 15, putting PCs together is second nature to me, I've swapped components in and out of Peorth, swapped her into several new cases for years, I decided after watching far too much of Jayztwocents videos that maybe I should try watercooling for a challenge. I want to start with flexitubing with no fancy liquid, just some pink dye in distilled water.

I did want to get into a white and pink theme, even maybe doing some modding like etching the window with a rose. Even painting a case if I can't find one with enough white on that I like. Sadly with Caselabs shutting down my options are severely limited, since I have my PC under the desk and to the side, I would like radiators to be at the front and top, and would like a full or super tower with enough radiator space for the TR2 CPU/Mobo VRM and 2 graphics cards.

So here's current Peorth: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pyrii/saved/32M9TW

Here's PCPP list for the new PC so far, with stuff copied over that I intent to try and keep. HDDs/SSDs are a little up in the air, I've like to switch to NVMe:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pyrii/saved/NVrV6h

What parts I need recommendation on is:

• Motherboard: TR4 X399 motherboards with plenty of VRM headroom, full Custom waterblock support also wanted. 2NVMe slots minimum, lots of USB 3.x support. 8-slot quad channel memory. And not a garrish "gamer" design. Or something that could be modded for a cleaner look.
  • Memory: Memory speed is very important, fast ram at 32-64Gb max (Honestly I have 24Gb in my current system and haven't maxxed it out yet so 32Gb (4x8gb) most likely with the option to buy the same kit to double later if needed would be best)
  • Case: Front and top 360 rad support, full tower or super tower case that's moddable (To paint white, though white case preferred since less work) with a side TG window that I can etch onto. With caselabs gone, my options are severely limited now :/ Though I was already ont he fence about spending that amount
  • Graphics Cards: I was tempted to jump on dual 1080 Tis in SLI once the 2080 was revealed, but the price of the 2080 Ti seems to have inflated the cost of the 1080Tis since pople looked at the 2080Ti and thought "Nope". It's a throw-up to see if the 2070 might be worth getting instead. I think waiting on benchmarks will help. But then it's waiting on waterblocks for the cards. Let's just see what a decent 1080Ti set-up could be. Watercooling block support would be required.
  • Watercooling: I've decided on a Alphacool lighttower res, I would like blockes and fittings without logos plastered all over them or the ability to take the logos off. Since this is meant to be a primarily white and pink build, nickel plated or white fittings would be great. Tubing will be flexible and dye some distilled water pink to keep it simple for my first watercooling build.
  • Power Supply: Something that will hopefully run fanless at med-high load if possible, noise is a concern. I've never had problems with corsair PSUs so tempted just to get another RM1000i since my current one has been running for 5+ years now. My server (Yggdrasil) has my old TX650

Budget: I have quite a bit saved up so budget isn't a problem, since I'm disabled and stream, I spent a lot of time with my computer so I'm not adverse to spending money to make my experience better for a comfortably long time. Of course I'm not going to throw cash away on something more than I need. If I had to set a budget, I'd say I'd not like to go above £3-4k. I need a shopping list to start looking for deals on parts.

I've spent a week writing this post, I'm not sure what else I can write, I just need to get this out there now so I can start planning. Once everything's together I can start a build log and start explaining the "Peorth" > "Angelic Rose" connection.

Mobo: If you're going for a white theme you could consider the X399 Designare.

Memory/Case: Is very subjective, so I won't say much about them. In terms of RAM, make sure you go for brands that are known to use Samsung B-die like Gskill and Team Group, or models that guarantee it (if they exist). Considering your needs, in terms of case, The Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic comes to mind. While the 011D is not a super-tower, it will accept 3 360mm rads with ease.

GPU: I wouldn't go for a multi-GPU set up. Not even Nvidia/AMD is willing to support multi-GPU these days, and game devs have long abandoned multi-GPU.

PSU: I would recommend the Fanless Seasonic Prime Snowsilent 750 Titanium. 750 should be enough for a Single GPU and a 32 Core TR. If you want a quality PSU, you go to Seasonic. Seasonic are who make some high-end EVGA and Corsair PSUs.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

Fractal Design R6 White TG and Phanteks Enthoo Primo White would be reasonable case choices.

https://seasonic.com/prime-ultra-platinum boasts ~20 dBA at 100% load.

As top-end gpu get more powerful SLI seems to be less and less popular. 

Advice on custom cooling loops is best sought in Liquid and Exotic Cooling.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

34 minutes ago, brob said:

Fractal Design R6 White TG and Phanteks Enthoo Primo White would be reasonable case choices.

https://seasonic.com/prime-ultra-platinum boasts ~20 dBA at 100% load.

As top-end gpu get more powerful SLI seems to be less and less popular. 

Advice on custom cooling loops is best sought in Liquid and Exotic Cooling.

I love fractal cases but the R6 White was a huge disappointment for me, far too much black in a white case (I have both the R4 and R5 in white and love them), sadly both cases suffer from poor rad support in the front, only supporting 240.

Just now, Pyrii said:

I love fractal cases but the R6 White was a huge disappointment for me, far too much black in a white case (I have both the R4 and R5 in white and love them), sadly both cases suffer from poor rad support in the front, only supporting 240.

The Enthoo Primo supports radiators up to 480 (4 x 120mm) on the bottom and top. This allows for the establishment of straight through airflow, bottom to top.

I did debate mentioning the R6. That black front is horrid. I figure it could be painted.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, brob said:

The Enthoo Primo supports radiators up to 480 (4 x 120mm) on the bottom and top. This allows for the establishment of straight through airflow, bottom to top.

I did debate mentioning the R6. That black front is horrid. I figure it could be painted.

I e-mailed them about that, the person who replied said they like white cases too and didn't like it. Must be a designer/engineer decision.

EDIT: The Primo is tempting, but I think it might work better with a 240 on the front and 240 on the bottom.

I'm tempted by the MSI MEG CREATION, but there's no monoblocks or VRM WC kits for it. I sent a message to EK asking if they plan on releasing a kit or block for it. I also asked if the logos/nameplates on their monoblocks are removable.

I have looked at the DESIGNAIRE EX board before and I can't remember what right now but there were things about it that made me realise it's probably not going to suit my needs.

After Peorth's Mobo (P6T SE) has severely limited my upgrade options over the years, I want a board with A LOT of room for expansion. The CPU may be the brain, but the motherboard is what brings everything together, for me it's the part that is most important.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I'm still swinging between the Asus Zenith Extreme and the MEG CREATION. MSI apparently has poor bios support, including on their other x399 boards. But the Asus bios is currently a mess at the moment due to the TR2 bios microcode.

Launch day for the 2950X was a confusing mess. AMD didn't let retailers even put the item up on their stores till 2pm on launch day, and apparently NO retailers had initial stock for days, sometimes weeks. Amazon is predicting 1-3 months!

I have some modding ideas I'll try to run by the modding forum but for now I'd like to think on RAM and case still. 

The problem with going for a white theme is the different shades of white. HardwareCanucks highlights this. But for now I'll do my best to ignore it. But even the Phanteks Primo has a serious case of the two-tones.

CA001PT_82222_800x800.jpg

Also there's lots of black in there for a white case, but thankfully most of it is hidden behind shrouds etc.

I'm having to serious consider giving up my all-white aesthetic.