USB 3.0 PCIe Add-on card

Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,

Yeah that should work fine.

Alternatively, there are USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 adapters that will allow you to plug a USB 3.0 case header into a USB 2.0 motherboard port, though they'll be limited to USB 2.0 speeds.

I have case with 2xUSB 3.0  on Front header but my mobo supports only USB 2.0, i wonder can i use this pcie card to plug it in?

2018-08-21.png.9cd60498ea6bcb82abf63a03b15f29ec.png

And yeah i know there is PCIe to USB 3.0, but if i need to plug some adapter like that i would like to have USB 3.0 on back side, otherwise i just wasted one PCIe slot.

Alternatively, there are USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 adapters that will allow you to plug a USB 3.0 case header into a USB 2.0 motherboard port, though they'll be limited to USB 2.0 speeds.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Yeah, that's main reason why i went for this one, there would be no point of having USB 3.0 headerwith 2.0 speed :)

Thanks! :D

5 hours ago, Marko Bre said:

Yeah, that's main reason why i went for this one, there would be no point of having USB 3.0 headerwith 2.0 speed :)

Thanks! :D

That card will only give your full USB 3.1 gen 1 speeds on one port at a time. It runs on only one PCI-e lane. You need a card that runs on at least four PCI-e lanes.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!