Is Newegg Reliable in 2018?

Go to solution Solved by AnonymousGuy,

Newegg is like the Amazon of PC parts.  It's been that way for at least 12 years.

I'm about to make a purchase of around $1400, it's international shipping and I made sure the products were sold and shipped by Newegg.

Nonetheless I'm still a bit scared as it's my first online international purchase, I've been scammed before, hence my paranoia, is Newegg really reliable?

On another note, since I'm working outside my city my sister would be receiving the packages, is there any problem with that? (like warranty problems, refund or something) 

Thanks and please excuse my paranoia.

Newegg is like the Amazon of PC parts.  It's been that way for at least 12 years.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Over the years I have spent thousands at Newegg. Return policy, RMA process, and customer service has always been excellent.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

Love new Egg!

Even the people who sell there items on New Egg, I bought my Razer mouse from New Egg - It was about 80$

And I noticed the cable was meant to be braided but it seem to be snipped - and the non cover area was exposed... 

So I emailed them, With a photo and everything - And they sent me a new one! I didn't even have to ship back the old one - They said due to the cost of the restocking fee that I would have had to pay, They said I could just keep it!

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

Displays |~| AOC G2460VQ6 24" x2|

Keyboard |~| Corsair Gaming K70RGB 

Mouse |~| Razer Lancehead Pink RG

Audio |~| HyperX Cloud II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Microphone |~| Audio Technica AT2035

M y  R e v i e w s 

Lenovo Y530 Legion Laptop.

More Coming Soon...

Newegg sells alot of computer parts everyday, they aren't a scam. However I have heard both good and bad things about their return policies and customer service.. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I don't know where you live but I'd probably be more worried about your postal service than newegg

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I've been a customer going on 20 years now, unfortunately they're not as good as they were a decade ago but still better than most others.  My last order took over a week to ship so if I need something in a hurry I'll use Amazon with Prime shipping.

I have been using them since 2001 or 2002. Their shipping has gotten slow and I'm still mad as fuck they sent me a cpu via week and a half FedEx SmartPost when I paid for two day shipping. But they're not scammers, they're one of the most respected computer parts stores in the US.

I been a Newegg Customer since day 1 and while their shipping has changed up over the decade plus, they are reliable. 

Newegg has more options/features to help you find the right component for you and has specific search options other then Amazon having a memory option for CPU's.

I have ordered almost 3 parts on Newegg worth almost 700 Dollers. And Newegg has deals (etc. Destiny 2 with a 1060) other than Amazon.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

I have spent upwards of $10k with them over the past 10+ years.  Absolutely buy with confidence.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

You can also go with NCIX they are reputable and...oh they filed for supreme bankruptcy... Joking aside though as everyone else here says Newegg is reliable.

Just now, Frank_Sinatra said:

You can also go with NCIX they are reputable and...oh they filed for supreme bankruptcy... Joking aside though as everyone else here says Newegg is reliable.

MEMORY EXPRESS!

NCIX didn't really have good after sales service anyway...

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Memory express is a Canadian thing....now that I think *aboot* it most tech things are Canadian.

Ive never bought off of newegg because the convience of ordering amazon is just better because I use it more often, plus everything I ever needed pc wise was there plus prime too. Newegg is reliable though id assume.

One thing to note on international orders are certain export restrictions outside of the US. 

Be sure to check if certain items can be shipped to you from the united states, or they will be confiscated by customs, if Newegg even ships them.

Depends on your definition of reliable I've shopped at newegg since 2006 (?), less and less over the years. Their RMA/Return policy is worse than amazon and a couple of other retailers, at least when i did my build in 2017 they did not cover for bent pins on cpus and motherboards, that's just to name a couple.

Overall I still get ram from them (best selection), but that's about it.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

You should be more worried about which shipping company/option is being used. If they use cheapest, last part is handled by your local postal service. If they use actual courier service (UPS, FedEx, DHL TNT etc.), then you can be assured that package will be delivered according to company's standards. However the value is so high I would opt-in to pay for insuring shipment. There's some basic insurance from shipping company, but that might not cover whole price or everything. So check that in advance. If you have ability to pick which service is being used, I recommend DHL. And avoid UPS, if possibe. The best and worst service I've had.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, Hi P said:

I'm about to make a purchase of around $1400, it's international shipping and I made sure the products were sold and shipped by Newegg.

Nonetheless I'm still a bit scared as it's my first online international purchase, I've been scammed before, hence my paranoia, is Newegg really reliable?

On another note, since I'm working outside my city my sister would be receiving the packages, is there any problem with that? (like warranty problems, refund or something) 

Thanks and please excuse my paranoia.

Newegg has always been awesome for me.

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You should be more worried about which shipping company/option is being used. If they use cheapest, last part is handled by your local postal service. If they use actual courier service (UPS, FedEx, DHL TNT etc.), then you can be assured that package will be delivered according to company's standards. However the value is so high I would opt-in to pay for insuring shipment. There's some basic insurance from shipping company, but that might not cover whole price or everything. So check that in advance. If you have ability to pick which service is being used, I recommend DHL. And avoid UPS, if possibe. The best and worst service I've had.

I've instructed Newegg to NEVER use DHL because of frequent problems I've had with them (and Newegg happily complied). Amazon's own carrier is just as bad, if not worse, and they refused to honor my requests not to use them (one of the reasons I no longer do business with Amazon except for e-books).

All the carriers have gone downhill the past few years but DHL definitely had the worst decline (Amazon's carrier was bad from the word go so didn't have as far to decline). DHL has misrouted shipments and their customer "service" never responds to inquiries when something goes wrong (which was frequent and often monumental).

UPS rates fairly high for over all quality for me most of the time (they have their moments of idiocy plus their tracking and, especially, their customer "service" agents are less than stellar).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

33 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I've instructed Newegg to NEVER use DHL because of frequent problems I've had with them (and Newegg happily complied). Amazon's own carrier is just as bad, if not worse, and they refused to honor my requests not to use them (one of the reasons I no longer do business with Amazon except for e-books).

All the carriers have gone downhill the past few years but DHL definitely had the worst decline (Amazon's carrier was bad from the word go so didn't have as far to decline). DHL has misrouted shipments and their customer "service" never responds to inquiries when something goes wrong (which was frequent and often monumental).

UPS rates fairly high for over all quality for me most of the time (they have their moments of idiocy plus their tracking and, especially, their customer "service" agents are less than stellar).

I have quite opposite experiences. Fast and reliable delivery, customer service has been helpful even when I have tight schedule. UPS is complete opposite where they regularly miss timeslot I've agree into, their service center is unreachable for someone without car, they only have 3 tries and only call after 2nd missed one, not to mention that phone service almost refused when I complaint about the fact that they contacted me after 2nd failed attempt and not first. I'm still angry when I had said I'll be leaving at 17.30 (delivery time is 14-18). The courier was there 17.35, with 3rd missed attempt leaving me to source lift to pickup shipment.

DHL even has pickup points now in same locations where local postal service and main domestic shipping service have them. TNT is another one I have had very good interaction with. But they mainly do warranty and service pickups for people like Lenovo. But courier has always visited in that 30min timeslot they've given. And even called to make sure I'm present.

Ofc this might be country specific.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I have quite opposite experiences. Fast and reliable delivery, customer service has been helpful even when I have tight schedule. UPS is complete opposite where they regularly miss timeslot I've agree into, their service center is unreachable for someone without car, they only have 3 tries and only call after 2nd missed one, not to mention that phone service almost refused when I complaint about the fact that they contacted me after 2nd failed attempt and not first. I'm still angry when I had said I'll be leaving at 17.30 (delivery time is 14-18). The courier was there 17.35, with 3rd missed attempt leaving me to source lift to pickup shipment.

DHL even has pickup points now in same locations where local postal service and main domestic shipping service have them. TNT is another one I have had very good interaction with. But they mainly do warranty and service pickups for people like Lenovo. But courier has always visited in that 30min timeslot they've given. And even called to make sure I'm present.

Ofc this might be country specific.

I suspect it's country specific.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!