What to do with old hardware when you upgrade?

rainbrodash666

well I pick up trinkets and things when I find them at yardsales and stuff, on my desk I have two amd cpu's an AMD-K6-2 and a ceramic AMD Am486 DX4-100 and I also have a pentium pro

and on my wall I have a agp ati HD 3850 I got on trade for a pci e ati HD 4550.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

To be honest all the old stuff I have... is old ;)

For example, I have a computer that is pretty much useless now, but the parts inside aren't really worthy of going on the wall.

Maybe in 5 years time, I'll hang what is now my current rig up there :)

Well i don't collect, but i have a rather rare Geforce 6800 GT Dual from my dads old gaming rig :)

I also have an old intel itanium from the early 2000s, can u show pics of the stuff u got, used to have a 3850 :)

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

I tried posting a Thread about this 2 times last night about your oldest computer you own right now with pics :| This forum is BROKEN. they both disappeared. Honestly, why go with a beta of the newest version instead of going with an older stable version of the forum software.

yeah I like old PC stuff, I plan on getting a 286 or 8088/8086 computer sometime.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I collect anything, but i'm really gonna start to focus on collecting processor boxes. So if anyone has any, let me know!

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

I got some ddr, ddr2 ram as well as a gtx 260 thats like the oldest hardware i still have

X79A GD65 (8D), 3820, 7770, 16GB (1600Mhz cas9), 850watt(ocz zx), storm trooper, h100, xonar xense, sp2500, pc350, asus PA248Q LG 22'' ips, razor black-widow ultimate 2013, 120GB intel 520 series 128GB crucial M4 2*3TB barracuda 2*1TB barracuda 2TB Hitachi 

I was thinking this was going to be a thread about older stuff. I kind of feel out of place with my commodore 64

I have a 10gb hard drive that's in use in a computer.

Does anyone else still remember IDE?

Connecting hard drives and CD-roms in series. :D

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I have a 1.2GB WD Caviar 21200 in my 486 machine.

I tried posting a Thread about this 2 times last night about your oldest computer you own right now with pics :| This forum is BROKEN. they both disappeared. Honestly' date=' why go with a beta of the newest version instead of going with an older stable version of the forum software. yeah I like old PC stuff, I plan on getting a 286 or 8088/8086 computer sometime.[/quote']

its a tech forum, we love having to deal with the newest and best. also if its broken... and not the best.. :)

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

Ì have a really old nvidia graphics card hanging in my wall :D

back in the day, me and my friends would collect pcs people would throw out and we would try to see who could disassemble EVERYTHING to as small as we could get it

I have a 16-colour EGA video card that I'll post a picture of

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I have an ATI Rage card from 1998 that is in perfect condition. It could have been manufactured yesterday by the looks of it.

I'll post a picture later of some old stuff some of you have never heard of or seen :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

...i said it back then...and now again: ' Cartridge CPU ? ...that can't be right !? ' ...and how long did it last, hu ^^

ccpu.jpg

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

cool never saw a amd slot based cpu, how much u want? and I actualy still have a server running 2 pent III xeon slot cpu's

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

...i said it back then...and now again: ' Cartridge CPU ? ...that can't be right !? ' ...and how long did it last, hu ^^

ccpu.jpg

Damn playa, is that a Thunderbird?

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Since my family got out first computer in 95 I don't think we've ever gotten rid of anything. Got some old hardware laying around, then again is kinda works out really well as my family and circle of friends tend to pass our old hardware on to one another.

I used to have 2 Pentium 2 Cartridge servers with 4 of them in each server. I got from my teacher in college 7 years ago.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I need to take some close up of each CPU but here's a few oldies:

047rr.jpg

Top Left: Super SPARC!, ROSS systems CPU, Cyrix 6x86 120MHz!, Xeon (P3 days) need the exact one (forgot).

Second Row: Auspex Memory Module, another ROSS CPU, SunGX (video chipset) backside below it, microSPARC II, Other side of the Xeon CPU above it

Third Row: AMD Opteron (backside below it), AMD Opteron (I need to go find the exact model on these), Motorola 68020

Fourth Row: Intel Pentium (the first!) backside below it, Pentium w/MMX tech!, Intel Pentium? I forget, Pentium I and backside, Pentium Pro (that was one huge CPU :) , P II or P III (I forget) backside as well, Pentium III, Pentium 4, Pentium 4, Xeon 3.2Ghz (forget the model number)

Fifth Row: Intel i386, Pentium I with Overdrive (check out that super cooler fan!), P II (I think).

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I am a computer recycler, the parts i have are just.... i dont even want to start lol, but i see old video cards so ill start with them, i have heaps of old Nvida tnt2s, gefore 2s , 4s and my personal favourite is 2 working voodoo 2s running together good ol 3dfx now part of ATI. Pretty sure I still have a 19kb video card from my 486dx around as well thats when cards had POWER! oo yeh.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

I also have a Pentium MMX computer that ran at 200Mhz, its my first computer and still almost use it daily. it has itself 64MB of 72pin EDO ram, 60ns I think.

I had a regular Pentium computer that ran at 133Mhz, but I gave it to my cousin, since he was being stupid and was using a P4 of all things to try and run DOS on.

I have about 3 or more 8-bit ISA Modems. things are useless now.

Got a 16-bit ISA SCSI adapter, I think it was mainly used for scanners, but I'm pretty sure I could hook up a hard drive with it if I wanted to.

I have a few ATI Rage cards, ranging from the IIc to the Rage 128. great for old games using DirectX

Anyone remember Maxtor? Almost every desktop I own has one in it, except my newest PC and my laptops. I've never had an issue with them either, from my experience, they are quiet and reliable. all my drives are from before DiamondMax though, so yeah.