Larger storage and Apple Pencil for 2018 OLED iPhone?

On 8/19/2018 at 2:42 PM, Quadrum said:

Maybe it’ll fit in the space where the headphone jack used to be... Are they gonna take away the off button too.

"Yeah, we didnt have enough space for a 3.5mm jack, so instead we used the entire side of the phone for a stick of plastic."

- snip-

57 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

"Yeah, we didnt have enough space for a 3.5mm jack, so instead we used the entire side of the phone for a stick of plastic."

I find that somewhat funny. 

Especially since the Note9 is able to fit an S Pen, a headphone jack and a huge battery without being a mega thick behemoth 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

20 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I’ve never witnessed any Note owner ever use their S-Pen. I’ve always been the one to ask about it and try it out but the owners never really liked it. 

This is why, I always confused myself when I saw my friends using a Samsung phone. Is that an S-series or a Note-series?

I guess the S and Note became blurred when they enlarged the screen size so that both of them share the same screen size. The Note-series is now just an S-series with a pen.

Samsung should just combine them both.

23 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Not really. Which is a huge reason I wish that the Note line would have remained like the Note 4: plastic back, metal sides.

Exactly the reason why I stopped buying notes. Never liked the push for all metal and now all glass design 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

20 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Never liked the push for all metal and now all glass design 

So you want a plastic phone?

28 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

So you want a plastic phone?

yep

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

59 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Exactly the reason why I stopped buying notes. Never liked the push for all metal and now all glass design 

They didn't push all metal.

It was all plastic with the Note 3/S5

Plastic with a metal reinforcing band with the Note 4/Note Edge

Metal and glass with the Note 5/S6

And Samsung's plastic+metal is the best option IMO.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

They get a moto? Plastic isnt coming back 

>moto

*vomit feel*

i'll just keep using my V10 thank you very much

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

They didn't push all metal.

It was all plastic with the Note 3/S5

Plastic with a metal reinforcing band with the Note 4/Note Edge

Metal and glass with the Note 5/S6

And Samsung's plastic+metal is the best option IMO.

i know, i meant all metal in general as the current trend that is shifting to glass sandwich.

I dislike both and prefer when plastic was the main material weather it's like how samsung did it with the note 4, or how Nokia did it with the Lumia 920. 

I simply prefer plastic on my handheld devices. Function over form sort of guy.

Edit: forgot to reply to @mynameisjuan

Even Note owners probably don't use the SPen very much.  I'd label it in general as a gimmick that they can use to sell the thing without it actually being all that useful.  Most people are buying the Note because they want the biggest screen they can get.

It's going to be the same deal with the iPhone X Plus.  Apple Pencil itself is pretty large so I'm not going to be carrying it with me, and even if they make a miniature version I have zero interest in doing drawings on my phone.  I don't hardly use (probably not in several months) my Pencil with my iPad Pro (I bought the Pro for quad-speakers more than anything else).

TLDR: iPhone supports Pencil....cool, but I really don't give a shit.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)