Water cooling Block inside a Mini Fridge?

Hello everybody!

Could you please help me with this Question: What would happen if I put a normal fanned water cooling block (for CPU cooling) into a mini fridge, at lets say 3 degrees celsius (above freezing point)?
- Would it just heat up inside the mini fridge, canceling out its purpose? (Lets say my CPU Idles at 40°c with 70°c under load.)
- And if it somehow works, would I have to deal with condensation crawling into my case? (like with sub ambient temperature cooling?)

I searched the web for this and found similar post but no decisive conclusion.

I've created this extremely elaborate graphic to enhance the reading experience:

image.png.3de38c002ada6efd4f3b17c65188a373.png

I also tried to get an understanding at where the Dew Point for condensation could be, by using this tool:

image.png.7332f269961785f488f9598ab834b6da.png

Thank you for your help and insight!

The fridge would have to be running all the time (which most dont because that is loud).

Otherwise it would be cooling stronger, but not more efficiently.

If one would go that far it would probably better to build a custom system for cooling with a fluid like in the fridge (I wont go into details here).

EDIT:

not more efficient because you have another part to power, the cooling itself would be amplified

It's certainly been done before. I doubt that a mini fridge would cool the loop enough to make condensation a problem, but that's and easy insulation fix if you do see it occuring. Only pursue this if you're looking for a fun modding project, otherwise is is somewhat impractical. I'm not one to judge though, I zip tied a cpu AIO onto my gpu once, and it worked quite nicely.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Same basic concept in principal.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2 hours ago, Semper said:

Same basic concept in principal.

I remember this video, hmm you are right, the heat generation could be compared.

3 hours ago, Dirtstyle said:

Hello everybody!

Could you please help me with this Question: What would happen if I put a normal fanned water cooling block (for CPU cooling) into a mini fridge, at lets say 3 degrees celsius (above freezing point)?
- Would it just heat up inside the mini fridge, canceling out its purpose? (Lets say my CPU Idles at 40°c with 70°c under load.)
- And if it somehow works, would I have to deal with condensation crawling into my case? (like with sub ambient temperature cooling?)

I searched the web for this and found similar post but no decisive conclusion.

I've created this extremely elaborate graphic to enhance the reading experience:

image.png.3de38c002ada6efd4f3b17c65188a373.png

I also tried to get an understanding at where the Dew Point for condensation could be, by using this tool:

image.png.7332f269961785f488f9598ab834b6da.png

Thank you for your help and insight!

If you were going to do this I would do it with a window mounted ac unit. Compressors in fridges arn't designed to be ran 24/7 and are fairly weak. There is a good chance the mini fridge would do next to nothing for your temperatures. If it did work the compressor would probably break within a year.

However window mounted ac unit's compressors are much stronger and would actually make a meaningful impact on your temperatures, while not dieing in a year.

just buy a chiller, but be careful with condensation when you go deeper then ambient temperature.

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D,  RAM: 64 GB Gskill Trident Z DDR5 @6200 Cl32, GPU: Asus RTX 4090 Strix OC, Pump: 2 Aquacomputer D5 Next @ 60% (~160 l/h), Radiators: 2 Mo-Ra3 360 and 1 XSPC  RX360V3 with 21 fans @650 RPM.