What are members of the PC master race playing?

Hey, I was wondering what you guys play during your free time?

I typically play Arma 3, R6 Siege (as of recent), CS:GO and Skyrim VR.

tenor.gif

From the moment I build my rig, it was ME:Andromeda, Final Fantasy XV, Witcher 3, Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Now with a month until Shadow of the Tomb Raider premieres, I find myself wondering what to do :D

Plans for the future involve the mentioned Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Anthem and Cyberpunk.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Sadly, still playing ESO.

48 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

From the moment I build my rig, it was ME:Andromeda, Final Fantasy XV, Witcher 3, Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Now with a month until Shadow of the Tomb Raider premieres, I find myself wondering what to do :D

Plans for the future involve the mentioned Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Anthem and Cyberpunk.

Ahh, Andromeda. Nothing like paying full price for a game, waiting for them to fix it... then the dev abandoning it/being shut down. Served me right, I suppose.

And that Tomb Raider reboot looked like a great game (despite it being unplayable with a mouse and keyboard), but I couldn't play more than 20 minutes of it without it making me ill. Apparently I wasn't the only one, because the devs added an option to disable shaky cam in the sequel, but never backported it to the first one.

15 minutes ago, Aetheria said:

Ahh, Andromeda. Nothing like paying full price for a game, waiting for them to fix it... then the dev abandoning it/being shut down. Served me right, I suppose.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of Andromeda hate - true, it's not perfect and far from ME2 but what people tend to kind of miss due to the whole face animation fiasco is that the gameplay itself is vastly superior to the previous games (open world exploration is a matter of preference but the combat is is just unbeatable) and the interactions between Ryder and the crew is also improved. Only the events in the Citadel DLC could be remotely comparable and that DLC had its own problems because it simply did not fit the narrative dynamic or Reaper crysis.

Also, the patch improved facial animations and eye shadows and if the game launched with it, I bet it would've scored another 5 points on Metacritic.

Story could've been better, true but I think the worst sin of Andromeda was just that it shelfed the franchise indefinitely. Shame, because I kinda liked my Ryder. She was no Shepard but I also didn't particularly like Shepard until ME2 so that puts things into perspective. And I certainly would like to learn what happened to those Quarians.

15 minutes ago, Aetheria said:

And that Tomb Raider reboot looked like a great game (despite it being unplayable with a mouse and keyboard)

No idea what you are talking about oO The controls were kinda standard and easy to learn, WASD + shift/E/F/C and mouse buttons. Nothing particularly weird or hard about that.

I don't even want to know how people with gamepads were aiming with their bows. Though aim assist does exist on consoles, so...

But yeah, the last Tomb Raider I have played before the reboot was The Last Revelation and this one felt so good. Especially liked my blood soaked, mud covered Lara, much more humanized - even if her climbing performance is still inhuman ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

20 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of Andromeda hate

Neither. The online hate-fest was mostly from people who hadn't played the game. Animations, makeup, one of the devs apparently having opinions on feminism. It was all stupid, irrelevant bullshit. Get in to the actual game and what you found was a tech demo, at best. When you weren't tied down due to every bit of quest progression in the game being tied to every other bit of quest progression in the game, rendering most of the story meaningless when individual chapters were spaced so far apart you couldn't remember who these characters were by the time you randomly unlocked chapter two of their story, or a UI seemingly designed to waste your time, you had to actually move and shoot at shit.

The jet pack/dash stuff was the very first thing they actually showed off from the game in that country music announcement trailer, yet by the time of release it still operated like something they'd bolted on to the game a week before launch. Walking was like wading through molasses (yet another victim in the GTAIV/CGI filmification of games), yet the jetpack may as well have just teleported you a few foot across the map. It made the game feel all the worse, as you were constantly switching from one extreme where you couldn't so much as face the opposite direction without a bunch of wanky animation buildup and your character having a freaking turning circle, to blinking across the map without any follow through on your momentum. Somehow, Andromeda managed to make the slow, narrow-FoV, very console-focused OTS shooting mechanics of ME2 and ME3 seem good by sheer comparison. The difficulty was all over the place, too: you'd either jack up the difficulty and get one-hit by enemies you couldn't see, or turn it down and your companions would kill everything before you could pull out your gun. I actually took to spending zero points on any offensive stats/abilities for my companions, with a stack of unused SP and my companions doing nothing cool during fights, just so that the game could be somewhat balanced. Didn't help that the AI was buggy, and enemies would randomly reset and drop out of the sky mid-fight. And add to that the ability setup, which was apparently never play-tested: "here's a bunch of abilities which combo with other abilities, but you can only slot three at once"... great, 1.5 combos, AKA spamming 1 combo on cooldown. The only part of that combat system which was well-developed was the weapon/gear system, especially the bit where you could craft all sorts of ridiculous stick-grenade shotguns and what-have-you, horrid crafting UI not withstanding.

Oh, and Andromeda also repeatedly nuked my save files. Can't forget that. That game was KotOR2-levels of fucked. I didn't need Andromeda to be the best ME game, and I was quite glad for the return to the format of ME1, but it didn't even manage to be an okay game. I won't even get started on the actual writing problems, as this post will become a novel.

1 hour ago, Lathlaer said:

No idea what you are talking about oO The controls were kinda standard and easy to learn, WASD + shift/E/F/C and mouse buttons. Nothing particularly weird or hard about that.

I barely got through the tute before the game presented me with an ammo drop or something shiny atop a ledge, which required me to climb one ledge, turn 180 degrees, then jump up to an opposite ledge, all with a forced camera perspective like this was bloody Flashback on the MegaDrive. Im-fucking-possible with WASD. You'd tap D and she'd flinch but not turn around. Hold D for even a fraction of a second, and she'd turn around and fall off/climb down. The game did that kind of thing to me a couple of times before I gave up and switched to gamepad - gamepad also helped with the nausea, as with analogue movement I could walk slow enough without waking up JJ Abrams and triggering the camera shake. I'd love to give it another go, I loved the back-to-basics translation of the metroidvania formula, but that game just wasn't designed for PC or somewhat gentle stomachs.

Currently Assetto Corsa since my league is currently running 2 races/week. Also some Onmyoji on the side. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

the pc master race only play 1 game and that game is Crysis

been really trying to get back into no mans sky since the update

also considering getting Cryteks Hunt: showdown but its multiplayer so still undecided

Recently, only Monster Hunter World and nothing else.

Normally though it's a mix up between Rocket League, LoL, BF1, BF4, For Honor, Skyrim, Need for Speed, BDO, GTA V, and OSRS ^^

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Got COD:IW and MW Remastered in a Newegg sale. Beat MW Remastered a few days ago with glorious memories of the days where you could beat a AAA game in 10 hours. Enjoying IW.

Other stuff I'm dabbling in: Red Faction Guerilla Remastered, Fire Pro Wrestling World, Okami HD, Dead Cells, A Hat in Time

I got Hunt: Showdown at the weekend and I'm really enjoying it, keep getting my ass handed to me but the game is compelling on so many levels and cryengine is just gorgeous

1 hour ago, kilgore_T said:

I got Hunt: Showdown at the weekend and I'm really enjoying it, keep getting my ass handed to me but the game is compelling on so many levels and cryengine is just gorgeous

I purchased that game because of the prelaunch hype... played it for 2 hrs and tried to return it. Apparently I purchased it on some prelaunch special and it isn't eligible to be refunded lol.

Now I do have twin 14 month olds now that take up a lot of my time at night, but when I do get a few hrs here for there I have been throwing them at Monster Hunter World. Which is actually a decently difficult game and has some of the most frustrating moments ever. For example, you spend 5-10 minutes locating a certain monsters, then another 20 minutes getting him close to dead... then out of nowhere an even bigger monster shows up... eats him and you. Now you have failed your missing, but found a new monster to hunt in the future lol.

The different weapon choices are also pretty cool with some being pretty complicated in how they play and the combo's you need to pull off. In the end though it has been pretty fun and solo I give it a solid 7/10, if you are playing with friends though 10/10.

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I purchased that game because of the prelaunch hype... played it for 2 hrs and tried to return it. Apparently I purchased it on some prelaunch special and it isn't eligible to be refunded lol.

Now I do have twin 14 month olds now that take up a lot of my time at night, but when I do get a few hrs here for there I have been throwing them at Monster Hunter World. Which is actually a decently difficult game and has some of the most frustrating moments ever. For example, you spend 5-10 minutes locating a certain monsters, then another 20 minutes getting him close to dead... then out of nowhere an even bigger monster shows up... eats him and you. Now you have failed your missing, but found a new monster to hunt in the future lol.

The different weapon choices are also pretty cool with some being pretty complicated in how they play and the combo's you need to pull off. In the end though it has been pretty fun and solo I give it a solid 7/10, if you are playing with friends though 10/10.

twin 14 month olds...that's real awesome

though you must be tired most of the time :) 

49.99 for a pc game though lol I just don't think I can do it

3 hours ago, kilgore_T said:

twin 14 month olds...that's real awesome

though you must be tired most of the time :) 

49.99 for a pc game though lol I just don't think I can do it

Awesome and exhausting. They are both walking and getting in to EVERYTHING.

It was $60, but I landed it for 42.99 from Greenmangaming. 

So far it has been worth the cost.

Mostly NFS Payback, just picked up Forza Horizon 3 as well. I'm a big Destiny 2 player too, but the grind for the SoH armor has burned me out so I'm taking a break from that till Forsaken drops. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I am playing Cities: Skylines

PC specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor 4GB OC

RAM: Team Group T-Force Delta 16GB DDR4-3200

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AX370M-DS3H

SSD: Crucial P5 1TB 

HDD: WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 2TB

Right now Far Cry Blood Dragon and Castlevania: Mirror of fate.  I just finished with Subnautica.

It's a couple years old now but I just picked up dishonored 2 and am really enjoying it. I think they have done the whole 'find different ways to approach situations' really well. The only other game I really play is PUBG which I have a squad I play with, win or lose we tend to have a banterous time. I still go back and play csgo from time to time mostly just 1v1 arena on a community server though

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Mostly warframe and overwatch.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Mainly just Siege. I loved playing the TTS last night and think it's honestly one of the best updates they've made to Siege in a long time