Do any cases exist comparable to caselab's sma8?

Well, my next build when NVidia and Intel releases their next product was going to be based around an sma8, looks like that won't be happening now. The Enthoo Elite seems like the next best choice, but there might be some clearance issues with my top radiator configured for push pull. (hangs over the top of the motherboard, and might make maintenance less than pleasant) Thermaltake seems to offer a similar case to caselabs, but their site seems to be broken for ordering larger cases in the US. 900D (1000D lacks bottom radiator support) might work, but it'll probably have the same clearance issues as the Enthoo Elite. 

Currently, I'm on an Enthoo Primo, and love it for the most part. Only issue is the top radiator hangs over the motherboard making swapping out ram, or working in the case a choir. Also, if I need to remove the 480 radiators the 5.25" panel needs to be unscrewed. 

Hopefully, someone purchases caselabs patents in the bankruptcy auction. 

Are there even any practical cases that compare? 

1 hour ago, Zerophase said:

Just buy a Core X9?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Mountain mods. Like Caselabs but a bit older in design.

https://www.mountainmods.com/

Not sure about their pricing but protocase does good work, or so I'm told. Might end up getting them to make me some drive cages for my SMA8 Magnum

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

7 hours ago, MaratM said:

Thermaltake seems to have a bunch of similar cases that aren't available for sale. Links for their more caselabs, like cases, just lead to deadlinks when trying to purchase. 

I guess a w100 with two p100s would work, but they don't seem to sell p100s.

20 minutes ago, Zerophase said:

I guess a w100 with two p100s would work, but they don't seem to sell p100s.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Dismantle-Stackable-Certified-CA-1F1-00D1NN-00/dp/B01C71Q8PA

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133303

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 12:28 PM, MaratM said:

Yep this one is nearly the same like the SMA8 but somehow I can't find one vendor who sells it in europe/Germany. On TT itself it's a dead link if I try to order it there. 

Sad thing with caselabs, always wanted one but the delivery to Germany is to expensive. With taxes and all other costs the case would cost me around 1000 €

1 hour ago, dorfkind said:

Yep this one is nearly the same like the SMA8 but somehow I can't find one vendor who sells it in europe/Germany. On TT itself it's a dead link if I try to order it there. 

Sad thing with caselabs, always wanted one but the delivery to Germany is to expensive. With taxes and all other costs the case would cost me around 1000 €

https://www.computeruniverse.net/de/thermaltake-core-w100-super-tower-window-kit-schwarz have a look here))) 

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

• 5 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 5:58 AM, Zerophase said:

Well, my next build when NVidia and Intel releases their next product was going to be based around an sma8, looks like that won't be happening now. The Enthoo Elite seems like the next best choice, but there might be some clearance issues with my top radiator configured for push pull. (hangs over the top of the motherboard, and might make maintenance less than pleasant) Thermaltake seems to offer a similar case to caselabs, but their site seems to be broken for ordering larger cases in the US. 900D (1000D lacks bottom radiator support) might work, but it'll probably have the same clearance issues as the Enthoo Elite. 

Currently, I'm on an Enthoo Primo, and love it for the most part. Only issue is the top radiator hangs over the motherboard making swapping out ram, or working in the case a choir. Also, if I need to remove the 480 radiators the 5.25" panel needs to be unscrewed. 

Hopefully, someone purchases caselabs patents in the bankruptcy auction. 

Are there even any practical cases that compare? 

I still have my old CaseLabs SMA8 Magnum A revision that i used for a build awhile. Since im sad about them shutting down. I started disassembeling it  today and me and my friend are gonna make blueprints for the parts so you can create you own cases might still take a couple of weeks but i'll post the instructions after it is finished.

• 1 month later...

So did case labs not own patents to any of their cases?

*sorry about the necro

On 4/14/2019 at 2:02 AM, Dandorian said:

So did case labs not own patents to any of their cases?

They do. Or did at least. Thermaltake and Caselabs got into a big fight about it.

https://www.techpowerup.com/213197/thermaltake-draws-flack-for-ripping-off-other-brands-products

I dont know if they still do anymore considering the company is no more, but the former owners of the company might still hold the rights.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25