The Lightning 350D - [BUILD UPDATE 4/3/14]

avenge_peach

They come with the fans. You get a number of colored rings with it

Nah, they come with red, white and blue, not yellow, he painted them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question. Is that a Kraken x60 all in one? If so as the fan mounts are 140mm are you using corsairs AF140's rather than the SP series as they do not make them larger than 120mm?

EDIT: I just noticed in your latest picture within the background a adapter for 140mm bracket to 120mm is this how you mounted the fans? If so what model are the adapters?

Just a question, why did you use AF fans instead of SP fans for the radiator and then use an SP fan for the exhaust? Other than that, amazingly clean and awesome build.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

looks really good gg  (drooling intensively)  :blink:

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

Just a quick question. Is that a Kraken x60 all in one? If so as the fan mounts are 140mm are you using corsairs AF140's rather than the SP series as they do not make them larger than 120mm?

EDIT: I just noticed in your latest picture within the background a adapter for 140mm bracket to 120mm is this how you mounted the fans? If so what model are the adapters?

Just a question, why did you use AF fans instead of SP fans for the radiator and then use an SP fan for the exhaust? Other than that, amazingly clean and awesome build.

I have an update post that will come through in the next couple of weeks.  I had to RMA the PSU due to a Corsair recall.  

Regarding the fans, I have installed two SP120 PWM fans using BitFenix 140mm to 120mm fan adapters.  Further, I replaced the rear exhaust fan with an AF120 performance edition.  Lastly, to free up so more airflow from the front AF140mm intakes, I removed the hard drive cage and have mounted the HDD to the bottom of the case using some anti-vibration mounting screws.

At the time of the initial build, I sacrificed some performance on the rad since Corsair does not make 140mm SP fans.

I have an update post that will come through in the next couple of weeks.  I had to RMA the PSU due to a Corsair recall.  

Regarding the fans, I have installed two SP120 PWM fans using BitFenix 140mm to 120mm fan adapters.  Further, I replaced the rear exhaust fan with an AF120 performance edition.  Lastly, to free up so more airflow from the front AF140mm intakes, I removed the hard drive cage and have mounted the HDD to the bottom of the case using some anti-vibration mounting screws.

At the time of the initial build, I sacrificed some performance on the rad since Corsair does not make 140mm SP fans.

Hi, I was wondering if I could use one of the photos of your case for a blog post I'm writing about custom PCs and colour schemes. If given permission credit will be given to you and the image will be hyperlinked to a URL of your choosing.

even the cable management at the back looks awesome... :I good work man

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Hi, I was wondering if I could use one of the photos of your case for a blog post I'm writing about custom PCs and colour schemes. If given permission credit will be given to you and the image will be hyperlinked to a URL of your choosing.

Sure that sounds good.  You can link back to the OP in this thread or my reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1u0p8g/build_complete_the_lightning_350d/.

Also, make sure and drop the link in this thread so that we can check it out!

Absolutely stunning(Period)

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

WOW :o

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Not a woman.  That's my awesome girlfriend with the photo skills.

What camera?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

So when does it arrive at my house? No but seriously this is awesome (dat ass though) wish my rig looked like that. :P

i7 4770k/Asus GTX 1080 TI/Asus RX5500 XT/Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB/Samsung 840 Pro 256GB/Seagate Barracuda 3TB/AX860i/ASUS Z87 PRO/Fractal Design Define R4/HD 598

I have seen this else where, was it on the PCCG facebook page??

Super clean look. Love the yellow/black theme and a bit of grey too.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

I have seen this else where, was it on the PCCG facebook page??

Super clean look. Love the yellow/black theme and a bit of grey too.

Yeah they did show this build on their page.

Good job man! This monster is awsome

Build update.  I'll provide pictures within the next few weeks:

- Removed 140mm AF fans from rad and replaced with 120mm PWM SP120s mated to Bitspower fan adaptors.

- Replaced exhaust fan with 120mm AF120

- i7 4770k on the way.  $219 could not pass it up.

- RM750 PSU had to be RMA'd due to Corsair recall.  Cooling fan never spun and I speculate this is the cause of the system crashing when stress-testing overnight even though temps were fine and overclock was very stable in IBT.

- Removed HDD cage and mounted the platter drive to the floor of the case with vibration reducing screw mounts.  Involved drilling some holes in the bottom of the case with a dremel.  Space behind the intake fans is nice and clear and ready for a 240mm rad in push-pull for the future.

- Relocating the SSD to the back panel with velcro so that it is visible.

- Completely redid all the back panel cable management.  Removed 24-pin extension, sewed all sleeved cables.  Had to cut and recrimp the 24-pin because there was slight excess wiring and it looked funky coming out of the PSU.

- Also planning to make a small metal rod with rubber feet between the GPU and PSU to aid with GPU sag.  it's a fairly short trip in for a mATX set-up.

Anyone want a delidded 4670K who happens to be a decent overclocker?  I'll include some Coollab Liquid Pro.  ;)

Quite beautiful indeed.

Also how large is the 350D compared to regular atx? I'm debating making a build in one of those or a 250D... 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Quite beautiful indeed.

Also how large is the 350D compared to regular atx? I'm debating making a build in one of those or a 250D... 

It's actually not too much smaller than say a Fractal R4 ATX case.  Mainly due to radiator accommodations on the ceiling and front of the case.  The ceiling can fit a 320mm rad and the front can fit a 240mm rad with space to push/pull.  It starts to get pretty cozy.

Wow Excellent Shots Of The System  :o

Future Build : Intel-Core i7 4790K : Corsair H100i : Asus Maximus VII Hero : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (DDR3-1866) : Samsung 840 EVO 120GB : Seagate Baracuda 1TB : Asus GeForce GTX 770 : NZXT H440 (Red/Black) : EVGA SuperNova G2 850W :

Acer H236HLBMID Corsair M45 Mouse : Ducky Shine 3 (Red LED/Cherry MX Brown) : Audio Technica M50RD : Some Nice Cheap Mouse Mat 

Peripherals :

Beautiful simply beautiful, I tip my hat to you my good sir. You have created the most beautiful PC I have ever seen.

op have a gf .-.? wow

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

This looks amazing. I was thinking about doing the same (colour coding a 350D); did you find it difficult to find things that matched? I was thinking about doing a white one, how did you source the parts and did you choose yellow because you found the parts that worked or did you pick yellow and then find the parts?

Thanks a lot,

cjsun9

cjsun9