Should i wait for the next amd or nvidia cards

XiiXii808

I have a Samung 28 inch FreeSync monitor i love it so much and i use a RX 480 gigabyte G1 card with it. I plan on upgrading my card soon i was thinking since i have a FreeSync monitor should i go with a next gen Vega card so i don't get screen tearing? or should i wait and see what Nvidia will offer with their next gen cards? I like either brand don't have a preference just use what is best for the $$$ but thought it might make more sense to go with another amd card?

simple answer: YES

Nvidia will relesase soon at gamescom and i guess AMD not short after

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

simple answer: YES

Nvidea will relesase soon at gamescom and i guess AMD not short after

Nvidia* lel

poop

Short Answer is actually, no

Neither are releasing any exciting cards in terms of price Nvidia is updating tgeir lineup, but at a significant price.聽

There arent any real runours of new polaris cards and Vega is now strictly for server and compute

Edit: only first gen Vega is consumer. In tve future it is server and compute

As far as I remember from reading articles AMD is not planning to release a new craphics card this year. I'd go with Nvidia then. But who knows what AMD is planning?

SUre... but i cant imagine a lounch from team green would go without answer form team red

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

22 minutes ago, XiiXii808 said:

I have a Samung 28 inch FreeSync monitor i love it so much and i use a RX 480 gigabyte G1 card with it. I plan on upgrading my card soon i was thinking since i have a FreeSync monitor should i go with a next gen Vega card so i don't get screen tearing? or should i wait and see what Nvidia will offer with their next gen cards? I like either brand don't have a preference just use what is best for the $$$ but thought it might make more sense to go with another amd card?

I'm in the same boat and this has been my thinking. Currently I am getting by. I have a GTX 970 and it works fine. It's absolutely bottlenecking my i7 8700k and I'm not getting the performance I want, but it works. Because of this, I am waiting on buying a card to see what Nvidia has to offer at the end of this month. If I don't like it, I'll buy the 1080ti (which might drop in price with the release of the new cards) but if the new stuff looks good, I'll pick up one of those.

Let me tell you, it has been a struggle waiting. But I think it will be worth it in the end

I wouldnt wait if i were you. When the new cards get released it will be the founder edition first at insane prices.

And much much later we will get the "normal" cards and you'll also see which one will be best bang for buck.

Just like the 1060/1070 was best聽vs the 1080 price performance wise.

55 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Short Answer is actually, no

Neither are releasing any exciting cards in terms of price Nvidia is updating tgeir lineup, but at a significant price.聽

There arent any real runours of new polaris cards and Vega is now strictly for server and compute

Edit: only first gen Vega is consumer. In tve future it is server and compute

Well, yes the prices for the "2080" and "2070"聽are聽rumored to be higher than typical, but we are not sure yet.

4 minutes ago, Munchie said:

Well, yes the prices for the "2080" and "2070"聽are聽rumored to be higher than typical, but we are not sure yet.

Rumoured indeed. Though they very much make sence when looking at MSRP changes Nvidia is making to their pascal cards and how many cards they currently have in stock.聽

There is no good reason to wait for the new cards. AMD doesnt have a real responce to nvidia