How increase amperage on laptop powerbank?

Tadziunia

Hello, my friend has ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 and he wanted some powerbank for it. We found MAXOAK K2, but seller said that it won't work, because maximum output of powerbank is 5A, meanwhile that Asus laptop requires something around 6.3A . So we got confused, Will it work or not ? 

2 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

Hello, my friend has ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 and he wanted some powerbank for it. We found MAXOAK K2, but seller said that it won't work, because maximum output of powerbank is 5A, meanwhile that Asus laptop requires something around 6.3A . So we got confused, Will it work or not ? 

Probably not well.

Find the correct power brick for the laptop, a much easier solution

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Probably not well.

Find the correct power brick for the laptop, a much easier solution

we couldn't find any with ouput atleast 6.3A :/ so probably impossible for now

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

lol, u didn't understand me, i meant powerbank not charger

not sure I understand the difference

32 minutes ago, Tadziunia said:

No, if you try to draw more than 5A from the powerbank, it'll shut off to protect itself. You really, really do not want a big, fat li-ion powerbank catching fire (li-ion fires are furious), so you shouldn't even think of modifying it, either.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

not sure I understand the difference

Powerbank is a battery that you can carry around with you and it's not connected to the wall. A wall-charger, obviously, is connected to the wall and is useless when carrying it around.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Powerbank is a battery that you can carry around with you and it's not connected to the wall. A wall-charger, obviously, is connected to the wall and is useless when carrying it around.

So you mean just another battery for the laptop...

6.3amp ones don't exist

Just now, WereCatf said:

my mate thought that he might use laptop in nature where you wouldn't find any wall outlet, that's why he wanted power bank

1 minute ago, LePips said:

Wait, does it load over Type-C?

No, it uses a DC-jack.

What voltage does the laptop use and what voltage do the powerbanks use? 

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

Just now, awesomegamer919 said:

I checked the laptop's specs and it's 19V 6.3A, ie. 120W.

1 minute ago, awesomegamer919 said:

voltage doesn;t really matter, i don't think that seller would offer to cancel order for 110eur powerbank for talking nonsense. Laptop input is 6.32A meanwhile powerbank can only provideo 5A , seller said that powerbank won't charge that laptop and just shut itself