(United Kingdom) Best rubber cable replacement for my Razer Deathadder Chroma?

sjain

Hi,

Recently my razer Deathadder chroma cable has been giving me a lot of issues.

I've owned this mouse for a under a year now, and this issue has only just started occuring in the past few months. The warranty is expired.

The cable is really messed up, tough and is horribly twisted and turned. Also, the cable's braiding appears to be coming apart. I have always been extremely gentle with this mouse and the cable is not bent around sharp corners. Note that the corners of my monitor stand visible in the image are very rounded.

If I try to fix it, its impossible. You can't even bend it, its like steel. Sometimes I am successful, and it feels like bending a spoon, requires a lot of effort. But within a minute it returns to its terrible state. It hinders mouse movement and I am unable to move the mouse as normal.

So I want to replace the braided cable of the mouse with a rubber cable, to prevent this crap from happening.

Where do I buy a good one? I've seen nice replacements for the original cable on Amazon but these are braided.

Are there any mouse cable specifications I need to worry about? Are some cables better than others, do some transfer more data reliably? Are there any specific precautions I should take or follow?

I plan to dissemble the mouse by this guide.

All help widely appreciated.

8RWfZk0.jpg

oEG7kJE.jpg

i7 5820K @ 4.1GHz • Zotac GTX 980Ti 2-way SLI • Full PC Specs

51 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Open the mouse, remove the old cable, connect or solder the new cable to it.  Space looks large enough to fit a usb type c breakout board to make the cable removable.

Thanks, it is removable, but I asked (in the title) what's the best actual rubber cable replacement. Any companies you recommend? Thanks in advance :)

i7 5820K @ 4.1GHz • Zotac GTX 980Ti 2-way SLI • Full PC Specs