I F*cked Up

byalexandr

Okay, so I used to smoke weed. About a year ago I stopped, for work. They do random drug testing every week, so I never knew if I was gonna be picked. Honestly I didn't miss it.

But this past weekend, I smoked again. I kind of didn't want to, but it happened long story short. The very next day I get a call back from a job I applied for. I told them I was out of town and I would be back in a few days, so he scheduled it for tomorrow (Friday).

I thought I would be in the clear after that long, because I only smoked a little bit, maybe a 1/4 gram. But I went and got a little 'at-home' kit today, and didn't pass. I have my interview in less than a day now and I don't know what to do. I think I'm going to go to the shop and get a fake piss kit, I really hate doing this shit.

I'm like 95% sure they are going to drug test since it is an auto shop, where safety is pretty important considering you have 3,000lb vehicles over your head. That being said I don't know if they are going to test me tomorrow, or when. I just know if I take it tomorrow I'm probably not going to pass.

Moral of the story, don't smoke weed people. I was clean for almost a year and I fucked it up. Hopefully I can get through this.

I would be curious as to what kind of test they actually do. Many of the newer tests will only show positive if you've consumed in the last few days (1-3), whereas the traditional tests could stay positive for weeks.

I suppose recreational cannabis isn't legal in Texas?

To me, smoking weed is no different from drinking. You can do it safely and responsibly, or you can abuse it. Show up to work sober, do a good job, and what you do in your own time is your business.

I sympathize for you. Hopefully you'll be more responsible in the future.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I would be curious as to what kind of test they actually do. Many of the newer tests will only show positive if you've consumed in the last few days (1-3), whereas the traditional tests could stay positive for weeks.

I suppose recreational cannabis isn't legal in Texas?

To me, smoking weed is no different from drinking. You can do it safely and responsibly, or you can abuse it. Show up to work sober, do a good job, and what you do in your own time is your business.

I sympathize for you. Hopefully you'll be more responsible in the future.

Standard urine test. Even after single use (like me) it stays in your system anywhere from 5-8 days. And no it isn't legal, not yet anyways.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Standard urine test. Even after single use (like me) it stays in your system anywhere from 5-8 days. And no it isn't legal, not yet anyways.

While I strongly support legal recreational use (since it's safer than alcohol, in the end), if it is illegal where you live, and you knew that the career you're in does testing... well, that sucks man.

I personally wouldn't use any sort of urine pass kit that would try to fake the test - if you get caught faking the test, that could end up even worse for you. But that's your choice - you'll have to decide the best course of action.

Best of luck. Perhaps they won't do the test (I've personally never heard of companies doing the test during an interview - only after they've offered you a position).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

50 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

And no it isn't legal,

You reap what you sow. If you really didn't want to, you wouldn't have smoked it, no matter how much you were pressured into it by a friend or others.(anyone who would pressure you to do something you don't want to do, is NOT a friend and is really just a toxic existence in your life)

Suck it up and hope they don't make you pass a test.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

59 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Okay, so I used to smoke weed. About a year ago I stopped, for work. They do random drug testing every week, so I never knew if I was gonna be picked. Honestly I didn't miss it.

But this past weekend, I smoked again. I kind of didn't want to, but it happened long story short. The very next day I get a call back from a job I applied for. I told them I was out of town and I would be back in a few days, so he scheduled it for tomorrow (Friday).

I thought I would be in the clear after that long, because I only smoked a little bit, maybe a 1/4 gram. But I went and got a little 'at-home' kit today, and didn't pass. I have my interview in less than a day now and I don't know what to do. I think I'm going to go to the shop and get a fake piss kit, I really hate doing this shit.

I'm like 95% sure they are going to drug test since it is an auto shop, where safety is pretty important considering you have 3,000lb vehicles over your head. That being said I don't know if they are going to test me tomorrow, or when. I just know if I take it tomorrow I'm probably not going to pass.

Moral of the story, don't smoke weed people. I was clean for almost a year and I fucked it up. Hopefully I can get through this.

How is weed consider harmful? Those susbtance has medicinal properties and many health benefits. Sure you are still breathing in burning tar if smoked but you can always just chew(not sure if anyone does this tho.)

My manager smokes tons of weed in his youth and I suspect he still does... 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

How is weed consider harmful? Those susbtance has medicinal properties and many health benefits. Sure you are still breathing in burning tar if smoked but you can always just chew(not sure if anyone does this tho.)

Marijuana affects everyone in different manners, and just like, well pretty much anything, sticking on it like your life depends on it can potentially really harm someone.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, wasab said:

It's not harmful, unless abused.

But it does impair you. If you are working with dangerous machinery (power tools, car lifts, etc), you should not be impaired - whether that impairment comes via weed, alcohol, prescription drugs, etc.

you could always try to detox/cleanse  yourself.  Although you don't have really any time but to start flushing with water, Do some exercise and hope for the best.  Detoxing has mixed results but usually better results with occasional use.  I say just go in and  pee and if they call you out on it say you went to a concert.  Good luck to you.

4 minutes ago, Beowulff83 said:

you could always try to detox/cleanse  yourself.  Although you don't have really any time but to start flushing with water, Do some exercise and hope for the best.  Detoxing has mixed results but usually better results with occasional use.  I say just go in and  pee and if they call you out on it say you went to a concert.  Good luck to you.

What would that do lol?

Could I actually get away with that? I don't think weed shows up in your piss from second hand smoke. Even heavy second hand smoke.

9 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

What would that do lol?

Could I actually get away with that? I don't think weed shows up in your piss from second hand smoke. Even heavy second hand smoke.

Sometimes honesty is the best thing. Just be straight with them, you hadn't smoked in a long time, you slipped and smoked just a hairs worth and you knew you screwed up. You can tell them to contact your past employers and let them ask if you ever showed up stoned or looking like you had been stoned.

If I had a guy be straight with me, I'd give him a shot but on the understanding that his job could be terminated at any time and a random drug test would be given, plus I would watch him like a hawk.

Most everyone prefers honesty and they will give you more respect for being honest. If they find out you lied, well it makes you, your references, and your word look like $#it!

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

6 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I don't think weed shows up in your piss from second hand smoke

it doesn't really but most people don't know that.

7 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

What would that do lol?

the fat cells in your body is what holds onto the thc so to speak, ie: exercise and fluid intake flushes the excess off But like i said you have limited time now.

10 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Could I actually get away with that?

I would say your probably screwed but there is always a chance it could work.

1 hour ago, wasab said:

Smoke isn’t supposed to go in the lungs as far as I’m aware. 

Thats the only one I know. 

1 hour ago, Beowulff83 said:

Uhm... please don't take any offense to this, but everything you said is literal nonsense.

Cannabis - or more precisely, the THC compound that tests check for - goes into the blood. Drinking water is not going to "detox" you faster. In fact, nothing will. You have to wait for the compound to be broken down by your body and flushed out of the blood.

12 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Uhm... please don't take any offense to this, but everything you said is literal nonsense.

Cannabis - or more precisely, the THC compound that tests check for - goes into the blood. Drinking water is not going to "detox" you faster. In fact, nothing will. You have to wait for the compound to be broken down by your body and flushed out of the blood.

No it stores in your fat tissues. You can get a blood test and within a day it will not show up in your blood (assuming single use).

10 hours ago, byalexandr said:

How'd the test go OP? Personally i wouldn't want to work at a place that does random drug tests, i'd be well reprimanded multiple times by now lol

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

1 hour ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

How'd the test go OP? Personally i wouldn't want to work at a place that does random drug tests, i'd be well reprimanded multiple times by now lol

True!

I could understand drug testing only if the employee is responsible for the life of others during his work such as a driver, pilot...

12 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I could understand drug testing only if the employee is responsible for the life of others during his work such as a driver, pilot...

How about responsible for their own life/health (aka how to minimalize insurance claims for injuries in workplace) or expensive equipment (aka make sure that someone who is stoned doesn't drop something heavy and irreplacable) ? ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

12 hours ago, byalexandr said:

First mistake was smoking weed in the first place, might do less damage than booze but it's still illegal (apart from Canada for medical use i think)

I read an article on this a few years back,  the standard tests (even from 4 years ago) can detect it in your system upto seven days. I hope I can find the research paper because it had some interesting things to say about measured impairment even though the subject was absolutely convinced they felt fine and was able to achieve moist daily tasks without issue.

EDIT:

I can't find the study regarding impairment so consider that anecdotal for now, but here is a study showing the measurement characteristics from 2008.  Interesting to see one person was still giving a positive result almost 77 days after being last consumed (part of me thinks he was probably still toking during the test but surely their testing would have indicated that).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2587336/

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Don't know yet, have my interview in a couple hours. Really nervous.

2 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

How about responsible for their own life/health (aka how to minimalize insurance claims for injuries in workplace) or expensive equipment (aka make sure that someone who is stoned doesn't drop something heavy and irreplacable) ? ;-)

Here's the problem. You can smoke weed at home, in your own private time, and be 100% sober the next day, able to fully perform your duties without impairment. Same as if you went home and had a beer or two.

The tests cannot differentiate between if you're stoned as fuck right this very moment (and therefore actually impaired), vs whether you smoked last night.

This is currently a problem that Canadian law enforcement are encountering, as they prepare for legal recreational usage in October.

2 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

First mistake was smoking weed in the first place, might do less damage than booze but it's still illegal (apart from Canada for medical use i think)

You realize it's legal recreationally in like a dozen US states, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction

It's fully legal in 9 states, as well as the District of Columbia (Washington DC). It's also decriminalized (meaning it's a civil offence, like a parking ticket) in a further 13 states.

It's also legal for Medicinal uses in almost (but not quite) every state.

In Canada, Medicinal use of Cannabis has been legal since 2001. Canada is going recreational legal on October 17th, 2018.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Here's the problem. You can smoke weed at home, in your own private time, and be 100% sober the next day, able to fully perform your duties without impairment. Same as if you went home and had a beer or two.

The tests cannot differentiate between if you're stoned as fuck right this very moment (and therefore actually impaired), vs whether you smoked last night.

This is currently a problem that Canadian law enforcement are encountering, as they prepare for legal recreational usage in October.

Good point ;-)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You realize it's legal recreationally in like a dozen US states, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction

It's fully legal in 9 states, as well as the District of Columbia (Washington DC). It's also decriminalized (meaning it's a civil offence, like a parking ticket) in a further 13 states.

It's also legal for Medicinal uses in almost (but not quite) every state.

While you're linking things about legality in the US why don't you breach the subject of federal vs. state law ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Find someone, grab them, and yell

"GIVE ME YOUR PISS!"

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch