Should I be getting better performance?

PabloSL

Hi Everyone, 

So I'm getting crappy performance all around lately, first off here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4Ghz

ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-itx 

GTX 1080 Ti

2x8Gb DDR4 2400Mhz (about to swap them for 3200Mhz sticks)

Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W

For the most part I get around 40-60fps, but getting 15fps dips quite often actually, even on 1080p! Not only that, but performance varies from day to day, some days I get pretty decent performance (dips are less recurrent) and some others it's a constant slideshow, I'm guessing that's server related. In anycase dips will be there no matter what be it often or not, this is the only game on which I get this kind of performance btw

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI B450M Mortan Titanium | Corsair H100i RGB | Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16gb 3000Mhz | PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 | EVGA 850W B3 | Crucial MX500 500gb x 2 | NZXT H400 

Unfortunately not, the game is still in early alpha and the performance is at a premium. 

Not played for a while now but I think there is an issue with the servers when it starts to get fuller due to the size of the universe and amount of ships about. 

There should be a net code change coming eventually but still no confirmed date on as to when as it keeps getting pushed back due to issues they keep finding. 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

1 minute ago, abyss03 said:

Unfortunately not, the game is still in early alpha and the performance is at a premium. 

Not played for a while now but I think there is an issue with the servers when it starts to get fuller due to the size of the universe and amount of ships about. 

There should be a net code change coming eventually but still no confirmed date on as to when as it keeps getting pushed back due to issues they keep finding. 

hmm I see, well at least I won't worry about it then

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI B450M Mortan Titanium | Corsair H100i RGB | Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16gb 3000Mhz | PNY RTX 2080 XLR8 | EVGA 850W B3 | Crucial MX500 500gb x 2 | NZXT H400 

• 2 weeks later...

Big performance improvements are planned for the 3.3 patch. Still no concrete date aside from Q3 2018. So soon... ish.