H80i and Windows 8.1 Fix

Found a work around of sorts! This is for Windows 8.1 users, and it allowed me to gain control of my entire H80i! These are my steps for anyone wanting to replicate;

1)Installed Corsair link from downloads section Here (2.4)

2) Uninstalled program and driver(both in Programs and features) after H80i was not detected

3)Did a restart

4)Installed the beta version (2.5.5) provided by Sym above (here)

5)Was asked to update my firmware by the software when I opened it 

6) Realised that everything apart from my fans were detected- and my fans became very loud and spun too fast 

6)Uninstalled the software and driver (from Programs and features)

7)Installed the original (non beta software -2.4) again. here

8) Open the software - and BOOM there was the entire H80i - including the fans. Turned down the fan speed to Quiet mode , and it was happy days!

Must say this was using an Asus motherboard , FX 8320, with Windows 8.1 installed. (Also - because this was mentioned before - I have AI Suite installed , but it didn't seem to cause any problems)

This Fix may also work for the H100i but I need someone to test it. Feel free to PM me if you find a better alternative to this workaround, and we can update this Guide.

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Found a work around of sorts! This is for Windows 8.1 users, and it allowed me to gain control of my entire H80i! These are my steps for anyone wanting to replicate;

1)Installed Corsair link from downloads section Here (2.4)

2) Uninstalled program and driver(both in Programs and features) after H80i was not detected

3)Did a restart

4)Installed the beta version (2.5.5) provided by Sym above (here)

5)Was asked to update my firmware by the software when I opened it 

6) Realised that everything apart from my fans were detected- and my fans became very loud and spun too fast 

6)Uninstalled the software and driver (from Programs and features)

7)Installed the original (non beta software -2.4) again. here

8) Open the software - and BOOM there was the entire H80i - including the fans. Turned down the fan speed to Quiet mode , and it was happy days!

Must say this was using an Asus motherboard , FX 8320, with Windows 8.1 installed. (Also - because this was mentioned before - I have AI Suite installed , but it didn't seem to cause any problems)

so this would work for the LED changing colour to? 

so this would work for the LED changing colour to? 

Yes, it would, lets you use all of the H80i's features

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1