AMD A10 6800k vs Intel i5 4440

Which is better for gaming, it's going to be paired with a GPU and 8gb's of 1333mhz memory?   Ideas? experiences? Thing's to watch out for? 

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I'd rather go with a FX8320 or a FX6300.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

The i5 is faster.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

cpu boss is like the absolutely worst site on the planet to look up for information.

I would trust more on benchmarks founded on a cereal box.

I've found it very useful and informative for comparing CPUs in the past.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The i5 will indeed tear the bitch up, as stated above in more detail

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Why would you get an APU if you already have a GPU?

Inteeel!!!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

wouldnt an AMD FX 8320 be a better cpu for this comparison as you are going to have a gpu as well?

AMD FX 8320 because its closer to the apu price [uK though]

Just a guy with a beard

I'd rather go with a FX8320 or a FX6300.

why? just curious, How would they compare with the i5

Why would you get an APU if you already have a GPU?

Inteeel!!!

Cheapness, im not made of money lol

wouldnt an AMD FX 8300 be a better cpu for this comparison as you are going to have a gpu as well?

AMD FX 8300 because its closer to the apu price [uK though]

Can you recommend me a motherboard? not really in the AMD loop ATM

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

It's no surprise the $70-more-expensive chip is faster.

I'd look into a 6300 if you're thinking of going cheap and having a dedicated GPU. Otherwise, the 8320 will be a nice option for a little cheaper than the 4440 (poorer single core performance, but better overall performance plus opportunity to overclock sky-high). From Intel, the 4670k would be a decent alternative to the 8320, but would cost more and only provide better single threaded performance (OC vs OC).

Intel does generally have better power consumption, but it's negligible.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I've found it very useful and informative for comparing CPUs in the past.

their benchmarks are horrible and not based on numbers but a scale from 1-10. It told be that an amd 965 is 5% slower than a 2500k

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

their benchmarks are horrible and not based on numbers but a scale from 1-10. It told be that an amd 965 is 5% slower than a 2500k

The rating is not necessarily about performance, it's their judgement as to the value of the CPU overall.

They provide the specifications, benchmarks and comparisons. The benchmarks that I've seen all look perfectly fine. I used it when deciding between CPUs for my build, and the information I obtained through it has so far turned out to be entirely accurate.

The rating is not necessarily about performance, it's their judgement as to the value of the CPU overall.

They provide the specifications, benchmarks and comparisons. The benchmarks that I've seen all look perfectly fine. I used it when deciding between CPUs for my build, and the information I obtained through it has so far turned out to be entirely accurate.

Here's the thing. When a cpu is released, it might be amazing. And they judge is accordingly. But after 4 years, that cpu is old and garbage yet it still scores a 10. I want performance numbers when looking for which cpu is the most powerful, not some guys opinion on how good it performs

Here's the thing. When a cpu is released, it might be amazing. And they judge is accordingly. But after 4 years, that cpu is old and garbage yet it still scores a 10. I want performance numbers when looking for which cpu is the most powerful, not some guys opinion on how good it performs

They list benchmark comparisons between CPUs and list all the specifications below the rating. The rating changes over the years as the CPU becomes outdated - the 3770k is not as high as it was last year, for example.

They list benchmark comparisons between CPUs and list all the specifications below the rating. The rating changes over the years as the CPU becomes outdated - the 3770k is not as high as it was last year, for example.

Explain to be then why an amd 965 is a 7.2 but a 3570k is an 8.4. I think theres a bigger increase than that

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965

Explain to be then why an amd 965 is a 7.2 but a 3570k is an 8.4. I think theres a bigger increase than that

LOL @ CPU  boss.

@ OP. Do you play MMO's or RTS or want to emulate consoles (like Dolphin Wii)? Get I5 because AMD floating point is horrid and they suck in 2-4 core games/programs that are CPU/FPU bound.

Do you play only 8 thread next gen games and mostly single player games that are not 8 thread? 8320/50 and I5 are same.

Do you want to stream an 8 thread game and play it? Get 8320/50.

Are you on an extreme budget and want to play 8 thread games? Get a 6300FX.

Do you want to crush everything? Get an I7 and price match it from Microcenter or buy it there. If you have bank? Get 2011 but you only need if if you have 3-4 top end video cards... 

The only other good option is  a Xeon Haswell 8 thread and that is only if you can't pricematch Microcenter through Staples online live chat and they don't OC like a K. All these other chips are either horrible at some games or horrible at newer games or just stupid (aka high clocked 8350's that end up costing same as I7 or Xeon due to bigger PSU, more expensive MB and get KILLED in overall gaming performance and rendering).

If going AMD. Get a Asus/Gigabyte 990fx board for the 8320/50. 6300 you can go cheaper with a 90 dollar board from Gigabyte/Asus. If Intel? Get the cheapest z87 MSI/Gigabyte/Asus that has the features u want. All Z87 overclock and perform the same. All that matters is the chip.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Actually, after having a quick look at some benchmarks that appears to be relatively accurate.

In any case, this topic is not intended for us to debate the relevance or accuracy of the site. Let's shelf this discussion for now. :)

Actually, after having a quick look at some benchmarks that appears to be relatively accurate.

In any case, this topic is not intended for us to debate the relevance or accuracy of the site. Let's shelf this discussion for now. :)

As far as what? Playing Farmville? Their single core rating is LAUGHABLE. The Phenom is lower then a 8350 and the 8350 is like 13000 in a fpu test at 4ghz...My I7 (I5 would score the same) gets 36,000 at 4.5....

The rating of the 8350 at single core should be like 5. The Phenom should be like a 3. Haswell a 10. Ivy a 9. Sandy an 8. And Sandy-Haswell all end up the same when OC. 

Go run the cpu benchmarks in AIDA 64 and see how bad some of these AMD chips are at floating point and single core.

They also have a 8350 as a 9.9 overclocker when it STARTS at 4ghz. The I5 is a 8.3? Give me a break. The only chips that should be like a 9.9 are Sandy Bridge lol.

CPU Boss is a JOKE.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

As far as what? Playing Farmville? Their single core rating is LAUGHABLE. The Phenom is lower then a 8350 and the 8350 is like 13000 in a fpu test at 4ghz...My I7 (I5 would score the same) gets 36,000 at 4.5....

The rating of the 8350 at single core should be like 5. The Phenom should be like a 3. Haswell a 10. Ivy a 9. Sandy an 8. And Sandy-Haswell all end up the same when OC. 

Go run the cpu benchmarks in AIDA 64 and see how bad some of these AMD chips are at floating point and single core.

They also have a 8350 as a 9.9 overclocker when it STARTS at 4ghz. The I5 is a 8.3? Give me a break. The only chips that should be like a 9.9 are Sandy Bridge lol.

CPU Boss is a JOKE.

I disagree. And I'd wager so do most others, as they seem to use and enjoy the site too.

CPU Boss is fine. If you have a problem with it you should make a thread in which to discuss those issues.

I disagree. And I'd wager so do most others, as they seem to use and enjoy the site too.

CPU Boss is fine. If you have a problem with it you should make a thread in which to discuss those issues.

You disagree with FPU benchmarks and single core performance in favor of CPU BOSS made up numbers? Cool. Now do me a favor and take a 8350 and an I5 and put them side by side in Lion's arch in Guild Wars 2, or a 25 man raid in WoW. When one gets less then half the FPS? Maybe you will "agree" on real benchmarks and not made up numbers. Better yet? Download the latest Dolphin emulator which tests single core performance about as well as anything out there. Put a I5 at stock and a 8350 at 5ghz side by side. Now tell me why one looks like a slide show and which runs at 60 fps.

There is one 8 thread game that people even play (BF4) and it is currently broke as hell and they just delayed Mantle because of it. 1 game out of all the games on PC doesn't = an accurate score, or tell you anything about single core performance. My Haswell can manage most single core performance down clocked and undervolted through management. No one cares about farmville and Chrome. 

Here is some proof how utterly ridiculous cpuboss is. An 8350 has about the same core performance as an I7-920 which many people have clocked over 4 ghz (and they started at 2.6). That is a MASSIVE OC. An OC I7-920 matches up damn near exactly with a stock 8350.They rate it a 6.5 OC (LOL).They have the the 8350 which starts at 4ghz and usually ends up around 4.6 which some getting up to a max stable of 5 at a 9.9 overclock. All the while failing to mention the insane amount of power draw you will have at 5.0 ghz which should make the OC value LOW. 

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-920-vs-AMD-FX-8350

This one is even funnier. They have the e8400 which is one of the best OC chips of all time at a 5.9 OC. Anyone who had or worked with E's knows most of them did 3.6ghz on STOCK voltage from 3.0. Many did past 4ghz on STOCK voltage. Some e7xxx which were cheap as hell overclocked to 4ghz.

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8400

CPUboss is owned by a media company who has no reason to want to tell you accurate scores. The scores seem heavily biased in AMD's favor and are downright laughable. At one time they had a 4770 higher rated then a 4770k. You don't put a chip with half the single core performance anywhere near the score of a chip with double the performance in that category. That is a blatant lie and would only be approved by Logan from Tek Syndicate LOL.

You disagree with FPU benchmarks and single core performance in favor of CPU BOSS made up numbers? Cool. Now do me a favor and take a 8350 and an I5 and put them side by side in Lion's arch in Guild Wars 2, or a 25 man raid in WoW. When one gets less then half the FPS? Maybe you will "agree" on real benchmarks and not made up numbers. Better yet? Download the latest Dolphin emulator which tests single core performance about as well as anything out there. Put a I5 at stock and a 8350 at 5ghz side by side. Now tell me why one looks like a slide show and which runs at 60 fps.

There is one 8 thread game that people even play (BF4) and it is currently broke as hell and they just delayed Mantle because of it. 1 game out of all the games on PC doesn't = an accurate score, or tell you anything about single core performance. My Haswell can manage most single core performance down clocked and undervolted through management. No one cares about farmville and Chrome. 

Here is some proof how utterly ridiculous cpuboss is. An 8350 has about the same core performance as an I7-920 which many people have clocked over 4 ghz (and they started at 2.6). That is a MASSIVE OC. An OC I7-920 matches up damn near exactly with a stock 8350.They rate it a 6.5 OC (LOL).They have the the 8350 which starts at 4ghz and usually ends up around 4.6 which some getting up to a max stable of 5 at a 9.9 overclock. All the while failing to mention the insane amount of power draw you will have at 5.0 ghz which should make the OC value LOW. 

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-920-vs-AMD-FX-8350

This one is even funnier. They have the e8400 which is one of the best OC chips of all time at a 5.9 OC. Anyone who had or worked with E's knows most of them did 3.6ghz on STOCK voltage from 3.0. Many did past 4ghz on STOCK voltage. Some e7xxx which were cheap as hell overclocked to 4ghz.

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/Intel-Core2-Duo-E8400

CPUboss is owned by a media company who has no reason to want to tell you accurate scores. The scores seem heavily biased in AMD's favor and are downright laughable. At one time they had a 4770 higher rated then a 4770k. You don't put a chip with half the single core performance anywhere near the score of a chip with double the performance in that category. That is a blatant lie and would only be approved by Logan from Tek Syndicate LOL.

Can you not take a hint?

We're off topic. Complain about my opinion elsewhere if you care so much.

Can you not take a hint?

We're off topic. Complain about my opinion elsewhere if you care so much.

I am off topic because I showed that the site was totally biased, not even close to accurate and because you said it was? Have you ever even sat in front of a 8350 or used one? They have flaws. If the purchaser of a product is not made aware of those flaws? They aren't going to be happy if they intend to use the computer for tasks that don't use 8 threads. 

Maybe you shouldn't make statements you are not sure about, that aren't accurate and could cause someone problems down the line. If a 8530 is getting more then HALF of a Haswell's single core performance on any site? That site is inaccurate and selling something.

The OP asked for the difference between AMD and Intel. I told him. I then showed that you are better off asking Charlie Sheen about two CPU's then consulting CPU BOSS. You don't have an AMD. You probably never used one. They are HORRIBLE at FPU. IF the op could care less about FPU bound games? Then AMD is great. He SHOULD know the flaw though.