guy selling LTT signed origin pc

kgerv94

https://eauclaire.craigslist.org/sop/d/origin-pc-chronos-signed-by/6646144367.html

This person is selling the LTT signed origin gaming pc given away in march, just wondering what everyone's opinion on it is, to me it seems very disrespectful to sell it right after receiving it when there is a fan who would have loved to have received it and cherished it, again just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is,to me it seems like he entered just for the chance to make a profit and took the opportunity away from a fan

Plus, I don't think warranty will be transferable. 

I mean it is his, he could have just thrown it away.

Magical Pineapples

It belongs to them, they can chuck it in a landfill, strip it for parts or use it as a coffee table if that's what they choose to do with it. "Deserving or cherishing it is irrelevent.

You also don't know why they're selling it anyway, maybe he needs the cash more than a PC for a myriad of different reasons.

I don't see anything wrong with this. He's not asking for an absurd price for it, it's actually quite reasonable given the hardware:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4KMVGG
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4KMVGG/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($369.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($128.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston - Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($201.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Video Card  ($434.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Silverstone - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($120.10 @ Amazon) 
Other: Intel Optane Memory Module 16 GB PCIe M.2 80mm  MEMPEK1W016GAXT  ($34.18 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1407.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-29 23:19 EDT-0400

This is without cost of OS, or the case (which is very custom, hard to find anything quite like it).

It might be possible that he had the intent to sell it the entire time, or perhaps he is in a situation in which he no longer has room/need for a desktop PC or is in a tight enough spot financially that he feels he needs to sell it to make ends meet. Either way, he has the right to do so, and I am sure that this exact scenario is expected when they arrange these giveaways in the first place.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

but... why...

If I got something like that, I'd probably sell a kidney before considering selling it. /s

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

the dude must be swimming in a pool of cash to sell that computer while there are other guys watching LTT videos at 144p quality with a 2004 amd sempron cpu, I mean it's an 8700k with a 1070Ti not a celeron with onboard graphics like what could you possibly have that's better than that... a 7980XE with dual titan xp's?

makes me remember when I was a kid and there was a full computer giveaway in my town and me and my friends were really excited about it because we all had junk PCs and the richest spoiled brat won and his mom later sold that pc literally in its original boxes for like $1000 just to make sure none of us could afford it what a fucking shit life 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

the dude must be swimming in a pool of cash to sell that computer while there are other guys watching LTT videos at 144p quality with a 2004 amd sempron cpu, I mean it's an 8700k with a 1070Ti not a celeron with onboard graphics like what could you possibly have that's better than that... a 7980XE with dual titan xp's?

makes me remember when I was a kid and there was a full computer giveaway in my town and me and my friends were really excited about it because we all had junk PCs and the richest spoiled brat won and his mom later sold that pc literally in its original boxes for like $1000 just to make sure none of us could afford it what a fucking shit life 

Um, no. You'd sell something because you don't need it, and you don't want it to depreciate in value - which it VERY MUCH will.

Selling something that was a gift may seem a bit risqué, but it is a perfectly fine, it's yours, there's no T&C's behind it.

And with someone selling a prize new in box, what do you expect them to do? They don't want it, so why deprecate the value by opening it, therefore getting less money for it once you sell it? You really have no idea do you?

So, you'd rather it go into a landfill or something? If it doesn't want it or need it anymore, it's perfectly fine for it to sell it.

There was nothing saying it couldn't be done, and frankly, if someone buys it, they're likely to be an LTT fan, because no one's going to pay more than retail for a used item.

Welcome to the forum! I have to say though, this does seem a little suspect. New account. Showing an LTT PC to the community from which it's from.

Kinda seems like an ad ;)

26 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

but... why...

If I got something like that, I'd probably sell a kidney before considering selling it.

Haha, if I'd won it I'd sell it. Might have stripped out the GPU and CPU and replaced them with lower end stuff though.

15 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

You don't need to be swimming in money for a PC of that caliber, it's not even that great :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

55 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

but... why...

If I got something like that, I'd probably sell a kidney before considering selling it.

I just spent more than 2 grand at the vet, luckily I have enough money and credit already to cover it, but if I didn't the first thing out the door would be my rig because it's probably the most valuable thing I own.

You joke about selling a kidney, but you literally don't know if he needs the money or not for something far more meaningful than a signature, even if it is on an amazing rig.

People sell autographed items all the time. 

Just because it was a giveaway doesn’t change that someone might spend good money to get it from the winner. 

No problem here, it is his computer after all.

If I won something like thar I would most likely sell it, as I already own a decent pc and it is waaaay overkill. Maybe I would keep some parts, like ssd and graphica card, but still. There is no clause whatsoever in a giveaway statint what you must do with the prize. The moment you win it, it becomes YOURS.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I mean, they did win it, but it feels kind of wrong to basically take the PC away from someone who may have needed it (well, nobody needs a gaming PC, but you know what I mean). Then again, they did win it, so they get to do whatever they want to it. I just hope it goes to a home that will take good care of it and not either give it to their kids who will break it and make it get thrown out or it gets sold again.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

To me it's one thing to subscribe to all the sweepstakes just so you can get a prize to turn it around and sell it somewhere than it is to keep it for a while, realize you don't need it or care for it, then sell it. Granted the former isn't a sound strategy, but when you don't need to spend money to enter, it does look like a good proposition for some side money.

But I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt. They won it but found they don't really need it. At least the seller is offering it at a price you'd normally find the build at without the signatures.

We don't know what they might be going through; they might need the money for something more important.

13 hours ago, kgerv94 said:

to me it seems like he entered just for the chance to make a profit and took the opportunity away from a fan

You don't know what this person is going through and to assume that they just entered to make a profit is very disrespectful.

They won the giveaway, they have the right to do whatever they want with it, who are you to say otherwise?

Unless they signed some sort of contract/agreement with Linus, what they do with it shouldn't be our concern

While the winner can do whatever they want with the computer, if they don't really need it, then don't enter the giveaway in the first place.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Disrespectful? Nope.

They won the giveaway and can do as they please with the computer.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

meh who cares the winner wants to sell it let them. they can take the money and get a even better rig then the one they won anyways. is a big fan buys the thing its a happy fan. so win-win for everyone.

when accepting give always you are required to pay the sales tax. most likely He needs the money.......

8 minutes ago, Hugh_Mungus said:

when accepting give always you are required to pay the sales tax. most likely He needs the money.......

....I seriously doubt he's selling it to pay off a small % of sales tax. But whatever the reason, it's his, who cares

22 hours ago, aezakmi said:

the dude must be swimming in a pool of cash to sell that computer while there are other guys watching LTT videos at 144p quality with a 2004 amd sempron cpu. 

I can get 480p to work pretty well on YouTube with my Sempron.

21 hours ago, aezakmi said:

I can watch YT at 480p with my 2000/2001 dual Pentium III build....how the hell are you stuck at 144p?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

While I would've preferred it went to someone who would've actually wanted the PC to use it, instead of wanting it to make a quick buck, they unfortunately won it so they can do whatever they want with it.

It sucks for everyone else who could've actually made use of it, but that's how it is.

Though somehow I doubt that last line

Warranty: Lifetime 24/7 U.S. Based Support and Lifetime Free Labor. 1 Year Part Replacement & 45 Day Shipping Warranty

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro