Is is bad for battery if USING bluetooth Speaker On Charge For Hours On End?

WolfLoverPro

So would it be better

for me to charge the bluetooth speaker then use all battery and repeat

or use it while its on charge?

i use it on my pc as gaming speaker cuz its better than any speaker so yeah?

or does it drain battery for portbale use if plugged in and using

Depends on the Bluetooth speaker charging and its power circuit, as well as the quality of the battery in the speaker.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Depends on the Bluetooth speaker charging and power circuit, and the quality of the battery in the speaker.

idk this is my speaker

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poweradd-SoundFly-Bluetooth-Processing-Silver-Black/dp/B07469ZWWX/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532706306&sr=1-22&keywords=Poweradd

it uses a wall plug not or AC

not a typical bluettoh speaker like uses usb this uses a brick Lol

I have a $300 BOSE speaker, i'm not sure of the model or anything since I bought it like 4 years ago now, but I let my dad barrow it for the summer after I first got it and he would leave it plugged in and on 24/7 just so he didn't need to charge it and he only used it in the house so he had no reason to move it around. well when I got it back I noticed it would die super super fast. I ended up calling up BOSE getting an RMA and getting a new one, but they did tell me that my dad keeping it plugged in and on could of been what did that to it. i'm sure batteries have been updated since then though. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Pockets said:

I have a $300 BOSE speaker, i'm not sure of the model or anything since I bought it like 4 years ago now, but I let my dad barrow it for the summer after I first got it and he would leave it plugged in and on 24/7 just so he didn't need to charge it and he only used it in the house so he had no reason to move it around. well when I got it back I noticed it would die super super fast. I ended up calling up BOSE getting an RMA and getting a new one, but they did tell me that my dad keeping it plugged in and on could of been what did that to it. i'm sure batteries have been updated since then though. 

I've read about this when I looked into if I can still revive my. I have Sony's BT speaker on power all the time as I use it like it was normal desktop speaker. I will probably kill its battery, but I have another BT speaker for mobile use, so I don't care. I also keep it ON whole time. And I've noticed that it will turn off after some time (months scale). Which has let me to power it OFF once in a while. Still keeping it connected.

So I hope that my use drains more battery than what it recharges while playing. So it powering off is because battery is full and there's no active use. Or something like that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, WolfLoverPro said:

idk this is my speaker

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Poweradd-SoundFly-Bluetooth-Processing-Silver-Black/dp/B07469ZWWX/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532706306&sr=1-22&keywords=Poweradd

it uses a wall plug not or AC

not a typical bluettoh speaker like uses usb this uses a brick Lol

It will kill the battery eventually no doubt.  But it should still run from mains after that anyways

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

13 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I've read about this when I looked into if I can still revive my. I have Sony's BT speaker on power all the time as I use it like it was normal desktop speaker. I will probably kill its battery, but I have another BT speaker for mobile use, so I don't care. I also keep it ON whole time. And I've noticed that it will turn off after some time (months scale). Which has let me to power it OFF once in a while. Still keeping it connected.

So I hope that my use drains more battery than what it recharges while playing. So it powering off is because battery is full and there's no active use. Or something like that.

yeah most have an auto shut off after no activity to save battery. my anker one does but the bose I have doest seem to do that. and honestly my $30 anker speaker sounds the same the only difference is the bose has real base and the anker one doesn't. and the bose can go louder but for what I use it for we never have it blasting. 

Most batteries when left on AC for extended periods of time don't affect anything as many electronics have in-built over-charge protection however, if you're constantly leaving it on AC and using it (or leaving it powered on) you may find in the future that the battery loses it's capacity and eventually you will need to leave it on AC to use it at all. One thing to note here is that "draining" the battery is different to damaging the capacity of the battery when off power.

Of course, this may be different in your case and I don't know anything about the electrical circuit or battery, however what I said before is quite common.

So, it would be better to charge the bluetooth speaker, use all battery, and repeat.

1 hour ago, Cxmputer said:

Most batteries when left on AC for extended periods of time don't affect anything as many electronics have in-built over-charge protection however, if you're constantly leaving it on AC and using it (or leaving it powered on) you may find in the future that the battery loses it's capacity and eventually you will need to leave it on AC to use it at all. One thing to note here is that "draining" the battery is different to damaging the capacity of the battery when off power.

Of course, this may be different in your case and I don't know anything about the electrical circuit or battery, however what I said before is quite common.

So, it would be better to charge the bluetooth speaker, use all battery, and repeat.

Uh ok

ill just charge it then

but wouldn’t leaving it on ac

jjst same as like using it until the battery runs out?

like uhhhhhhhhh wat I mean is uhhh

example

tje battery on a speaker is 1000 charges from like drained to full charged it can do 1000 of them right “

Leaving it in ac isn’t it just the same as lasting 1000 charges ? Hang in that still don’t makes sense does it? Ffs 

im trying to say like uhhh uh like 

idk 

ok so 

say if uh that 1000 charges is like 50 hours worth right?

so what I. Mean is isn’t it the same as mist leaving it plugged in 50 hours and then battery dies same as if I charged it for that uh 50 hours lol?