Is my Honor 6x broken or is it just a bad phone?

I've had an Honor 6x for about 9 months now. It's been fairly rubbish since I got it but I've put up with it because it has a lovely camera and I kind expected to get what I paid for given how cheap it is.

Generally it runs okay, a bit slow, but cheap android slow not anything super out of the ordinary. But when it comes to certain apps: Spotify, Snapchat and the Camera app are the main culprits, it is basically unusable. I have to use spotify in offline mode most of the time just to get it to even vaguely work and even then I often have to restart the phone to make it functional and scrolling past about D in the artists causes the app to crash completely. Snapchat crashes so often that I have just deleted it from my phone because I can't use it, and the native camera app is painfully slow or just altogether doesn't work meaning I've missed a bunch of great photo opportunities. 

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar problems and it is just a cheap and not that great phone, or if this is unusual and maybe there is an issue with my handset that I need to sort out because I don't want to keep using a phone that takes 10 minutes to play one song on spotify. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like something's wrong there, my Honor 7X has no such issue, granted it's a newer phone

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they