Not possible they said - Meshify C, 1080TI Strix, front mounted 360 radiator!

Hi!

Very inspiring build :D I've checked the dimensions of the 1080 Ti Strix and the Fractal S36, and they seem to indicate that the Meshify C has an effective GPU clearance of 32.8cm, or even 33cm without the rubber of the Noctua fans. Can you confirm that or am I missing something ? it would mean that the specs of the case are wrong by 1.5cm, right ?

Thank you in advance

On 12/30/2020 at 12:52 AM, Lenskha said:

Hi!

Very inspiring build :D I've checked the dimensions of the 1080 Ti Strix and the Fractal S36, and they seem to indicate that the Meshify C has an effective GPU clearance of 32.8cm, or even 33cm without the rubber of the Noctua fans. Can you confirm that or am I missing something ? it would mean that the specs of the case are wrong by 1.5cm, right ?

Thank you in advance

Thank you!

GPU max length in this case = 315 mm with front fans mounted
The Asus 1080 strix = 298mm

so that leaves 17mm of space, since most radiators are 30mm thick it won't work, so there's no way you can fit this card as stock with a front radiator, you will either have to remove the GPU shroud or mod the front mesh filter to fit the fans on the front side of the case.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

On 1/1/2021 at 1:20 AM, wildthing said:

Thank you!

GPU max length in this case = 315 mm with front fans mounted
The Asus 1080 strix = 298mm

so that leaves 17mm of space, since most radiators are 30mm thick it won't work, so there's no way you can fit this card as stock with a front radiator, you will either have to remove the GPU shroud or mod the front mesh filter to fit the fans on the front side of the case.

ooh I see, that's how you manage to shave length off the GPU. Thank you!

On 7/25/2018 at 6:19 AM, wildthing said:

Yeah there is no room left haha!

i will run some tests later on, the reason i don't want to now is because it's around 35C here right now and don't feel like doing anything haha

but i can tell you rn i did test the Strix cooler vs the noctua fans on a open bench and i saw a 10C drop going to the 2x noctua fans. (22C ambient room)

Thanks!

i'm right with you on the cables! that's why i said in the original post they will be replaced by the Cablemod Pro series, and yes they will have cable combs!

The cooler on the CPU is the Fractal Celsius S36

The GPU is the Stock heatsink with the shroud removed and fans replaced.

cant the fans be mounted on the out side? and the rad on the inside?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

cant the fans be mounted on the out side? and the rad on the inside?

yes you can but you will have to either remove the dust filter or cut the mesh filter like shown here: https://youtu.be/O_DXoIhMdj0?t=349
since i was already planning on putting 2 120mm fans on this GPU for better cooling and lower noise levels i did not have to cut the mesh panel.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15