Tesla are running out of money and will be bankrupt by early 2019, they're asking suppliers to offer "retroactive price cuts"

Master Disaster
43 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

What does it mean when my actual gas mileage exceeds official fuel consumption rates?

It means your going downhill. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

It's hard to change our mindset. Some of us actually want a bone-crushing loud daily. 

Yeah, we're weird, but there's also Supergramps 

If only we had E85 here in Vancouver. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

not make love to it. 

I already did 

#carguythings

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

11 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh!, if you ever did a big travel in your gasoline car, you know that the reality of finding a gas station is scares. You need to plan ahead. But strangely, finding power is everywhere. You might be stuck for a couple of hours while charging the car enough to the next power station, but at least you won't be pushing the car until the next town (or spend 250$ for "towing" because you are out of nowhere, just to have some towing truck bring you to the next closest town, or bring you a small gas tank which hopefully will last)

Anyone stupid enough to run out of gas deserves to push their car. (Speaking only for the US) There are gas stations in almost every town in the country. If you decided not to stop at one because you thought that you could make it to the next one, it's your own damn fault you don't make. 

24 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

It actually pollutes more, and on top of that list is the manufacturing that big@ss battery. Top it off how many countries still rely on heat reactors(that burn stuff) because some retarded idiots(environmentalists) deemed nuclear energy unsafe...

Read up on how they do the test that serves as the basis for the official consumption. Its nowhere near real world scenario.

Tottally agree on the Nuclear engery matter.

The problem still remains fossil fuel will run out eventually and before they run out all prices will skyrocket, we will all go back to horse-riding and bikes in a couple of months or years once we reach that panic point. 

So i still wish we had battery/hidrogen electric cars by then, and its a slow build process to replace allover the industry.

I cant tell you how much i love electric trolley busses.

No noise, no smell inside or outside, not expensive, no expensive infrastructure, i dont understand why they dont have these by law on all main routes of busses everywhere in the world by now, and use regular gas busses for rarely used routes etc.

Electrco-phobia? 

Just got a new fleet of these where i live and im in love with them(yeah i know simple old tech but severely underused).

troleibuze.jpg

16 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Well not bone crushing but i like my sport exhaust... 

Look it up. More and more cars are adding fake engine sound through the car speakers due to the smaller engine that they start putting. (like processors, smaller but more powerful.. now imagine an Intel CPU that outputs fake fan noise through your PC speaker to show how power hungry your new PC is, and therefore tells you how more powerful it is.) So I am sure you can add that to electric cars. Well now government want to add fake engine sound outside In low speed for safety.

Just now, CoffeeBlack said:

Anyone stupid enough to run out of gas deserves to push their car.

Let's not forget the Chrysler Pacifica that drove off with the gas pump still connected to the filler, breaking it off and spraying fuel into the engine bay of a Huracan Performante..... 

SmartSelect_20180725-034304_Chrome.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Electrco-phobia?

More like basic economics. There is no advantage using a EV over a IC car....

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

More and more cars are adding fake engine sound through the car speakers due to the smaller engine that they start putting.

And this is why i do not own, and never will a new car. Even my motorbikes are old style, the only electric thing is the lighting, the dashboard, and the ignition. All analog with carburettors and no catalyserB| . (Top it off 2 out of 3 is 2T.)

Just now, jagdtigger said:

More like basic economics. There is no advantage using a EV over a IC car....

Based on what scientific consensus? Based on what study exactly? Based on what research? Back up your claims.

4 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Anything above 1C is damaging the battery, have fun calculating out how big of a battery needed/how big of a motor can you use to match that.... :D

Are you telling me that as long as car batteries are charging at <=1C, it won't be very damaging? In that case, all we need is chargers that can match the DC voltage of the batteries and charge the batteries at 1C... :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

Based on what scientific consensus? Based on what study exactly? Based on what research? Back up your claims.

Based on the experience that there is no charger at work, and most ppl cant even charge at home because having a garage is a luxury.... -_-

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Are you telling me that as long as car batteries are charging at <=1C, it won't be very damaging? In that case, all we need is chargers that can match the DC voltage of the batteries and charge the batteries at 1C... :P 

You want to debate on the issue without knowing a basic thing like what c means in this case? o.O Lets stop here then...

Just now, jagdtigger said:

Based on the experience that there is no charger at work, and most ppl cant even charge at home because having a garage is a luxury.... -_-

So anecdotal evidence is the basis of your arguments? 

13 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

More and more cars are adding fake engine sound through the car speakers due to the smaller engine that they start putting

That's a load of bullshit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Sadly, he's right. 

Many new performance cars pipe in a synthesized version of the exhaust note through the audio system. 

35 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

In case of phones maybe, but these aint small batteries.

See my previous post, thats not possible. If you dont want to risk your car breaking down on you that is.

Many cars rated for 5l/100km but in relity its 8l. Same goes for this. As long as the only data available is coming from the company i cannot trust it.

More like impossible.... :D

Even if you are real worried about it failing that quickly, most electric car manufactures warranty their batteries for pretty serious amounts of time. Tesla for example is 8 year or unlimited miles Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1 minute ago, jagdtigger said:

You want to debate on the issue without knowing a basic thing like what c means in this case? o.O Lets stop here then...

Ummmm...I do? one-hour discharge rate, unless you're talking about something else? o_O

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

BMW m5(if you need specifics) was one of the first to do this. My car may not do this through the speakers but it does route intake sounds directly into the cabin. Which is the same idea. Make you feel like you're making cool vroom vroom sounds

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

Just now, jeffmeyer5295 said:

BMW m5(if you need specifics) was one of the first to do this. My car may not do this through the speakers but it does route intake sounds directly into the cabin. Which is the same idea. Make you feel like you're making cool vroom vroom sounds

I know one car that actually pumped an authentic sound of the engine into the cabin and didn't use the audio system at all. 

The Lexus LFA 

3 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Sadly, he's right. 

Many new performance cars pipe in a synthesized version of the exhaust note through the audio system. 

Do you think turbo whistles in the tail pipes will hit main stream next too?

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Sadly, he's right. 

No, he's not, and no, they don't. Some high end and kit cars design their exhaust system to create an iconic sound, but cars don't play back engine audio through the speakers.

Engines are still loud, increasingly so at higher RPM. Some are well insulated, some aren't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

No, he's not, and no, they don't. Some high end and kit cars design their exhaust system to create an iconic sound, but cars don't play back engine audio through the speakers.

Engines are still loud, increasingly so at higher RPM. Some are well insulated, some aren't.

Did you not read any post including the one with links above or is it because its against your argument?

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Yeah......I think you should look at the BMW F10 M5

Or the Renault Clio RS because that car literally allows you to change the synthesized sound. 

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Sorry but you're completely wrong. The 2011 BMW M5 does exactly this.