Fan vibrations on radiator fans

jaypro
Go to solution Solved by EpikFlyingBrick,

I would just go to a hardware store or something and buy some small rubber washers...that worked for me when i was having the same problem

What I can do to minimize the vibration on my radiator fans.  I screw the radiator onto the fan, and then the fan onto the case.  I used standard screws because I assumed that those rubber mounting things won't be able to hold the weight of both the fan and the radiator.

Unfortunately, I can hear the entire case vibrating sometimes, kind of like the vibrations an automatic car idling on a red light has.  Kind of like slight rattling noise.

What fans?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I would just go to a hardware store or something and buy some small rubber washers...that worked for me when i was having the same problem

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600

Do you remember what size the holes for washers are for case fan screws?  If so, I can save some driving by going to hardware store directly from work instead of going home, grabbing a screw, then back to hardware store.

Do you remember what size the holes for washers are for case fan screws?  If so, I can save some driving by going to hardware store directly from work instead of going home, grabbing a screw, then back to hardware store.

What size fans do you have?

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600

I just measured my fan screws for 120mm fans and they are about 1/6in diameter for the threads and about 1/4in for the head..i would get rubber washers with a 1/8in opening because since they are rubber the threads can go through them and then you wont have to worry about the head of the screw going through.

I just measured my fan screws for 120mm fans and they are about 1/6in diameter for the threads and about 1/4in for the head..i would get rubber washers with a 1/8in opening because since they are rubber the threads can go through them and then you wont have to worry about the head of the screw going through.

Thanks!