using synergy to stream at 4k

Hey all, I plan to have my pc in another room to mitigate noise, if i use another pc in another room and hook it up to a 4k monitor, can i stream from my main pc to that one and game at 4k?

That is not what Synergy does. Synergy only lets you use one set of keyboard and mouse with multiple systems at once. It does not stream the desktop. Something like Steam In-Home-Streaming would work for the gaming part though (given that you use Gigabit ethernet)

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

On 7/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, Domifi said:

That is not what Synergy does. Synergy only lets you use one set of keyboard and mouse with multiple systems at once. It does not stream the desktop. Something like Steam In-Home-Streaming would work for the gaming part though (given that you use Gigabit ethernet)

Thank you very much. If I were to use steam in home streaming would I be able to stream 4k 60fps over wifi?

10 hours ago, all things hardware said:

Thank you very much. If I were to use steam in home streaming would I be able to stream 4k 60fps over wifi?

Probably not. If you have a high end 5Ghz 802.11ac setup with close proximity to the router, maybe. But a simple cable will be the easiest and cheapest solution

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe