M.2 screwed wrong onto mobo

Mikkel Rask
Go to solution Solved by Mikkel Rask,

Seems like Userbenchmark is weird since its not giving me the correct speeds. Lucky CystalDiskmark tells the same story as Samsung magician. So im trusting this rather than userbenchmark. Lession for today userbenchmark is really unaccurate for M.2 speeds :P 

diskmark.png

Hey, here today i bought a samsung evo 970 M.2 and it is the first time i ever installed one. I inserted the M.2 correct into the slot, but i screwed the whole stand onto the card ( The 2 screws one on the button and the little one on top) So the card was screwed down on the other end, and it was pressing up in the M.2 slot. I had it in for like 40mins like that until i realise that isnt right. Could it have damaged my card or slot? 

Plus my speeds are pretty weird right now. I ran a benchmark on samsung magician where it says 3500/2500 which is the advertised speed but it is quite low when i benchmarked with userbenchmark where it only ran 2000/1500 ?

Sorry for terrible english btw :P

2133213123123211233211212.png

32442343232432433243232.png

Well just seems weird to me that two different benchmark tools says two totally different speeds. From 3500/2500 to 2000/1500 is quite a jump. Could anyone recommend any other benchmark tool for more precise speeds? 

17 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

if it works, it works, no really harm could be done 

Great thanks

Seems like Userbenchmark is weird since its not giving me the correct speeds. Lucky CystalDiskmark tells the same story as Samsung magician. So im trusting this rather than userbenchmark. Lession for today userbenchmark is really unaccurate for M.2 speeds :P 

diskmark.png