I REALLY don't like Apple.

how long until this thread gets locked for being a pointless flamewar.. 

I like windows mostly because I like gaming, and I think windows PC can be built cheaper and better than mac for alot of people. (plus you can hackintoshBut life would definitely be alot easier and simpler if I could bring myself to plunge into the apple ecosystem. If I didn't game, I would definitely consider it. MacOS is beautiful, iMacs are pretty snappy with Intel processors and high res gorgeous displays and come with cool mac only apps... they even run MS office. Plus you get really good warranty service with applecare. Basically apple trys to make the PC headache free, which would be kind of  nice for a change. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

50 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I don't hate Apple though I find many of their decisions questionable, and some even downright unacceptable (Core i9 MBP throttling, anyone?)

But they do make something that I like every now and then.

the xps 15 with i9 also throttles cause it too is a thin and light i think the real question is why is intel letting OEMs put chips in machines that dont have the right thermal inferstructure?

I lurk a lot

1 hour ago, thatcubedperson said:

I really don't like Apple... here's why:

1. Under-powered machines for more money... (great job for scamming me, Apple)
  2. Their machines never improve, always the same thing over and over.
  3. Trash can computer filled with trash components. (Talking to you, 2013 Mac Pro)

What do you not like about Apple?

I used to love Apple but lately I have started to dislike them instead because of all the shit they been doing. Like the stuff you pointed out and even other things too...

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

31 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

2.All machines improve and last years apple has the trend on laptops and phones (notch , touchbars amd+vega cpu's....)
3.Did you know that all the brands tend to buy from same chinese factory's , the difference is the yields on the parts that they buy (example : apple can buy something at 0,1% failure yield and msi could buy same component but at 1% yield)

You do know (at least on desktop) that apple orders lower yield processors to cut cost? (Nothing too out of the ordinary though)

Pretty shure intel Nucs where the first with Vega+intel. Though not many laptops combined them in favor of the mx150

Isnt Apple the only one with touchbar and no touch display?

32 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

One of those posts again...

Seriously I've never understood how people can hate something like a company that makes computers with so much passion.

Didn't you hear?  every time you buy an apple product a little orphan child in Africa dies.

18 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

how long until this thread gets locked for being a pointless flamewar.. 

When they see the pile of dead orphans in Africa.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Didn't you hear?  every time you buy an apple product a little orphan child in Africa dies.

Just you wait until the iPhone XXs cures cancer... it probably could but Apple won't let it xD

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

I'm currently exporting a 3 hour video at 19min/ real min. 

Meaning every minute that passes I'm exporting 19min of video footage.  (this math was way off, idk how I got that number)

Mind you this is on a dual core MacBook Pro.

So I'm really not seeing the "under powered" argument. 

All while keeping a boost clock and staying under 80C with a single fan. 

Talks about software optimisatzion, says a Dual core isnt underpowered lmao and now imagine if apple hat decent specs, but muh Profits.... And People like you buy their shit anyway.

49 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I think it's a bit of a stereotype for PC guys to 'hate Apple', especially because the industry tries to push 'Apple vs PC' all the time.

But I think you can't argue that for certain use cases Macs are a no-brainer, even Luke on the recent WAN Show said it was weird when that DJ had a big clunky MSI gaming laptop over a Mac.

So I try to be flexible, if a task requires me to use a Mac, I'll use a Mac, I prefer Windows generally and I prefer iOS over Android at the moment but Pixel is an interesting proposition so I could switch down the track.

I use a Windows machine, an Apple mobile device and tablet and Google Services for all these devices. Rather than hate one side or the other, I'd prefer to utilize the strengths of all platforms. You can hate Apple and their practices but I don't hate their products.

This

Hate for me is a strong word, i really don't like how Apple fanboys always claim that whenever something gets big that Apple did first case and point with the Mouse, who's patent was actually filled in 1914 and was first released on a Non Apple computer around 2 years before Apple's Mac went on sale and 'popularised' it

I've said for a while Apple don't invent they just make pre-existing technology popular

But generally i dislike the "Apple Tax" on all their products for really average (or sometimes even subpar) components. I will give them this though they basically held the market for portable music players for YEARS; however that ended when they decided to end the iPod Classic; that killed it for me, i don't wanna spend £400 to get a music player with 3/4 of the storage of my iPod Classic which i had for 9 years and cost at the time £170

I personally don't see a reason for buying a Mac as anything that you would normally do on a Mac you can do on the PC as everything uses dedicated software nowadays, maybe with the exception of DJ'ing but i have little knowledge on that

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

I'd love to see the specs of that machine. 

Mind you a machine like the 12" MacBook edit 4K better than many "editing rigs"

And id love to see proof of your MacBook exporting faster than a pc for the same price and also, Why are you such an apple fanboy?

4 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Hate for me is a strong word, i really don't like how Apple fanboys always claim that whenever something gets big that Apple did first case and point with the Mouse, who's patent was actually filled in 1914 and was first released on a Non Apple computer around 2 years before Apple's Mac went on sale and 'popularised' it

I've said for a while Apple don't invent they just make pre-existing technology popular

But generally i dislike the "Apple Tax" on all their products for really average (or sometimes even subpar) components. I will give them this though they basically held the market for portable music players for YEARS; however that ended when they decided to end the iPod Classic; that killed it for me, i don't wanna spend £400 to get a music player with 3/4 of the storage of my iPod Classic which i had for 9 years and cost at the time £170

I personally don't see a reason for buying a Mac as anything that you would normally do on a Mac you can do on the PC as everything uses dedicated software nowadays, maybe with the exception of DJ'ing but i have little knowledge on that

Yea, the thing that i hate isnt apple but people who mindlesly buy Everything from them and defend Apple if they do something Bad and anti consumer.

11 minutes ago, comanderlin said:

And id love to see proof of your MacBook exporting faster than a pc for the same price and also, Why are you such an apple fanboy?

It’s due to Final Cut 

It’s one of the primary reasons why serious videographers use Macs.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

7 minutes ago, comanderlin said:

Yea, the thing that i hate isnt apple but people who mindlesly buy Everything from them and defend Apple if they do something Bad and anti consumer.

I have a problem with both, but it is more the blind obedience of the fanboys. To me they are they kind of people that would say "how high?" If Apple asked them to Jump

58 minutes ago, peej said:

the xps 15 with i9 also throttles cause it too is a thin and light i think the real question is why is intel letting OEMs put chips in machines that dont have the right thermal inferstructure?

Yep, that one has a similar issue, but the XPS15 mainly has issues with VRM temperatures, which bafflingly, hasn’t been sorted for 3 years.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

It’s due to Final Cut 

It’s one of the primary reasons why serious videographers use Macs.

Out of curiosity do you have any evidence to support that?

Not hating i'm just wanting to compare spec's of machines as it might be down to having an under-powered Windows machine during testing which of course would scew results of ANY test

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Yep, that one has a similar issue, but the XPS15 mainly has issues with VRM temperatures, which bafflingly, hasn’t been sorted for 3 years.

dosnt suppise me i bought a the 2016 model of the xps 13 and that thing ran hotter than my 2017 macbook pro 13 has ever done and thats saying something mid you that did have a quad core i7 in it

I lurk a lot

10 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Out of curiosity do you have any evidence to support that?

Not hating i'm just wanting to compare spec's of machines as it might be down to having an under-powered Windows machine during testing which of course would scew results of ANY test

http://pcmag.com/apple-final-cut-pro-x/20509/gallery/adobe-premiere-pro-vs-apple-final-cut-pro-x-whats-the-differ

It’s the best I could find although they were both on the same iMac. I couldn’t find tests comparing an underpowered machine against a beefy one

Oh yeah, and this one

1 hour ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I think it's a bit of a stereotype for PC guys to 'hate Apple', especially because the industry tries to push 'Apple vs PC' all the time.

It's all just a big machine

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

30 minutes ago, comanderlin said:

people who mindlesly buy Everything from them and defend Apple if they do something Bad and anti consumer.

Not to mention all the piles of dead orphans everywhere.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You gotta be proud of Apple to, I mean people still buy from them. Even though I really agree, waste of money since their machines are truly under powered for what you are paying.

1 hour ago, Nicnac said:

One of those posts again...

Seriously I've never understood how people can hate something like a company that makes computers with so much passion.

like what do you do for fun? 

All those who spent their time like that have a serious problem imo.

Which is also why you can't watch Louis Rossman videos anymore these days

-_______________-

Passion? The only thing they make with passion is money.

1 hour ago, Peskanova said:

1. Its a fact that if you buy a mac vs a normal pc with the SAME(almost)  parts its the same money or almost cheaper, (that's not the reason that macs are expensive the reason is they put expensive things that doesnt needed to do the job)

Still they charge a hefty price. And it's definitely not cheaper. Apple will try to make the most profit it can.

sorry, but  these 'i hate XXXX' threads really are not conducive to lively discussion, but towards flamewars and stereotypical rhetoric.

and since we work towards a friendly atmosphere, this thread is locked.