change monitor size

goto10
Go to solution Solved by goto10,

i went and didn't liked the image of the samsung 27", so went with the 24" lg 24mk430h-b, decent enough, but has some banding issues that i am trying to handle, but image is full hd, nice and sharp, great colors and great brightness, i found a 28" monitor but it was too expensive for my budget, this 24" is a bit small, would have been ideal a 25 to 27" on this case yes, but it was what i could afford

thank you all who replied

i'm currently using a tv as monitor is a old sony 32" tv, it has input lag, bad response time, it has ghosting, banding, is just hd, well, has a lot of problems but the biggest one is that is old and might fail soon

i want a new monitor, but the size and price, to buy a 32" monitor is out of my reach, i have seen some nice lg and samsung but mostly 24"

i mostly play in it from my bed, so the size concern, from bed to tv there is around 2 1/2 meters

would be too bad to go for 24" on that situation or perhaps try to go for a 27" monitor?

it depends on what you are doing with the monitor. Are you playing games, watching movies, or both?

PC SPECS:

Case: TT View 27 Black

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 SLI XTREME ATX

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k 

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Mini ITX 8G

RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz DDR4

PSU: Generic 800 Watt

CPU Cooler: Stock Intel Cooler(*oof*)

SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

NON PC STUFF:

Monitor: Alienware 25 Freesync(i know i have an nvidia card)

kb: Corsair K65 Luxe with MX Red Switches(and a white backplate mod to enhance the RGB)

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 700 at 1600 dpi

Audio: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2

RGB: Corsair Lighting Node Pro with corsair light strips

3 minutes ago, d0ge said:

it depends on what you are doing with the monitor. Are you playing games, watching movies, or both?

i mostly play games, gta and a couple more, mostly console style games, not much reading, rarely watch movies on it

1 minute ago, goto10 said:

i mostly play games, gta and a couple more, mostly console style games, not much reading, rarely watch movies on it

ok... Then I would try and go with a 27 inch monitor.

BTW don't get a 4k one because your eyes wont be able to tell the difference from 2 1/2 meteres

PC SPECS:

Case: TT View 27 Black

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 SLI XTREME ATX

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k 

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Mini ITX 8G

RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz DDR4

PSU: Generic 800 Watt

CPU Cooler: Stock Intel Cooler(*oof*)

SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

NON PC STUFF:

Monitor: Alienware 25 Freesync(i know i have an nvidia card)

kb: Corsair K65 Luxe with MX Red Switches(and a white backplate mod to enhance the RGB)

Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 700 at 1600 dpi

Audio: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2

RGB: Corsair Lighting Node Pro with corsair light strips

15 minutes ago, goto10 said:

i'm currently using a tv as monitor is a old sony 32" tv, it has input lag, bad response time, it has ghosting, banding, is just hd, well, has a lot of problems but the biggest one is that is old and might fail soon

i want a new monitor, but the size and price, to buy a 32" monitor is out of my reach, i have seen some nice lg and samsung but mostly 24"

i mostly play in it from my bed, so the size concern, from bed to tv there is around 2 1/2 meters

would be too bad to go for 24" on that situation or perhaps try to go for a 27" monitor?

Get my secondary monitor, a 24 inch sceptre 1080p 75hz for only 100$.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HIA63AU/ref=twister_B07867W9YM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

24" is tiny when you're used to 32"

that sceptre is not available here locally, i prefer to buy on stores, thank you

yes, i can't afford 4k so i don't even check prices on those

i find locally these models  benq  gl2760, lg 24mp59g and f390 24" and 27" samsung curved

the cheapest is the 24" samsung followed by the benq and lg, the most expensive is the 27 samsung

i went and didn't liked the image of the samsung 27", so went with the 24" lg 24mk430h-b, decent enough, but has some banding issues that i am trying to handle, but image is full hd, nice and sharp, great colors and great brightness, i found a 28" monitor but it was too expensive for my budget, this 24" is a bit small, would have been ideal a 25 to 27" on this case yes, but it was what i could afford

thank you all who replied