Is single/dual rank the same as single/dual channel?

The title.

My PC used to only have 2 4GB RAM modules. 8GB in total. I stress tested it a long time back with Memtest86 and it passed.

Yesterday, I added 2 8GB sticks. It now has 24GB in total. I stress tested it with Memtest86 and it returned a note: 

"ram may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips"

Not an error. It was a non-error "note". Other than that, the configuration passed the stress test. All RAM modules are exactly the same other than their sizes. Same brand, model, speeds, etc.

I opened up CPU-Z. Under "Memory", it says my RAM "Channel #" is "Dual".

Under "SPD", I can view the details of all RAM modules. ALL values, speeds, etc. are exactly the same other than:

1) "Module Size" - duh

2) "Part Number" - the part numbers between all 4 modules are exactly the same except 4G/8G depending on the module size

3) "Serial Number"

4) "Week/Year" (date manufactured)

5) "Ranks" - the old 2 4GB modules are labelled "Single", whilst the 2 newer 8GB modules are labelled "Dual"

It is worth mentioning both sets of RAM modules were purchased in sets of 2. They should both be running in dual channels. 

NO dual rank and dual channel are 2 completely different things, Dual Rank means both sides of the RAM Module itself have memory dies on it (instead of being single sided), Dual Channel basically means you have 2 sticks installed.

6 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

NO dual rank and dual channel are 2 completely different things, Dual Rank means both sides of the RAM Module itself have memory dies on it (instead of being single sided), Dual Channel basically means you have 2 sticks installed.

Hmm. Would that affect compatibility between the two ram sticks? 

My Desktop screen just went completely black and the PC completely restarted with no errors or BSODs. I did not find anything in event viewer that would cast blame on the RAM sticks. Strange.

5 minutes ago, Alir said:

Hmm. Would that affect compatibility between the two ram sticks? 

My Desktop screen just went completely black and the PC completely restarted with no errors or BSODs. I did not find anything in event viewer that would cast blame on the RAM sticks. Strange.

I wouldn't think so, but RAM can sometimes be a finicky thing, Ryzen had many memory issues early on, make sure your BIOS is up to date, generally you should try to have all matching memory modules but i've run mixed capacities from different brands and never had an issue.