RGB Cars. New video idea incoming!

Narthex
23 minutes ago, Narthex said:

10 color customizable ambient lighting zone!

:o:o:o:o:o

http://www.vw.com/models/jetta/#/section/colors/

That's a good way to get arrested by the cops. They don't take kindly to running lights on your car that aren't the headlights...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

58 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's a good way to get arrested by the cops. They don't take kindly to running lights on your car that aren't the headlights...

This isn't under glow, its just interior accent lighting. There is nothing illegal about that. If you run lights that are meant to look like flashing police/emergency service lights though, that is a whole different story.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

37 minutes ago, bob345 said:

This isn't under glow, its just interior accent lighting. There is nothing illegal about that. If you run lights that are meant to look like flashing police/emergency service lights though, that is a whole different story.

Then your police are more easy going than ours around here....I've known several folks getting citations for interiour lighting in their car that isn't the standard white dome lighting

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Then your police are more easy going than ours around here....I've known several folks getting citations for interiour lighting in their car that isn't the standard white dome lighting

That's insane that they would cite someone for something so trivial like that. Do they literally have nothing else to do? Im also pretty sure that would be an illegal citation, at least in my area, as there are no laws for interior lighting aside for "impersonating emergency services".

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

3 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Lexus already did an RGB car thats more impressive.

well tiddle my whiskers im shook

58 minutes ago, bob345 said:

That's insane that they would cite someone for something so trivial like that. Do they literally have nothing else to do

A huge reason police give tickets is to make money for the state.

Any excuse they can come up with, they'll use.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

depends where u live lol

I like to take certain bus lines over the others to come home from the university just because their drivers put all types of LEDs and neon tubes inside plus music ♪ so regular people don't have to hear old ladies talking about weather or complaining about something

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

In some countries there are some laws regarding what lights and strobe lights you can have on the outside. For example, like you must have RED lights for stop and (not in all countries) amber or yellow for direction (in US you guys can use or re-use the red color for direction but because of this in some states there are laws saying you can't drive with warning lights because they may be confused with direction or stop lights slowing reaction time) and in some countries you're not allowed to have strobing blue lights (because they're used by police or ambulance)

I think in some countries there's also laws about how much light can the can produce so that drivers on the opposite lane or behind you are not blinded during the night (so no trucks or big cars with TVs showing ads or stuff like that on them).

I think it was an episode of post-Clarkson Top Gear, they went to Japan. Some people in Japan had more money than they know what do with and RGB'd their supercar exteriors... my first thought was also, is that legal? They are probably throwing the kinda cash that makes those questions go away.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

8 hours ago, bob345 said:

its just interior accent lighting

Depending on the brightness it can be seen as unsafe driving during nighttime. This is due to your eyes adjusting to the interior lighting instead of the outside, ultimately making it harder to see a hidden object outside.

I personally wouldn't want a car that could cause me legal issues, even if it slips by the law for sale in the country, if a cop thinks it could impair your ability to see outside during dark periods, you can guess what will happen. There's reasons why reader lights are not permitted to be on while driving near the driver (front seat), above or below. There is also a reason why your instruments are a specific tone/brightness when the light is on.

7 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Depending on the brightness it can be seen as unsafe driving during nighttime. This is due to your eyes adjusting to the interior lighting instead of the outside, ultimately making it harder to see a hidden object outside.

I personally wouldn't want a car that could cause me legal issues, even if it slips by the law for sale in the country, if a cop thinks it could impair your ability to see outside during dark periods, you can guess what will happen. There's reasons why reader lights are not permitted to be on while driving near the driver (front seat), above or below. There is also a reason why your instruments are a specific tone/brightness when the light is on.

Yet many manufacturers seem to ignore the basics of human vision.

The ONLY colours of light that dont ruin night vision are red orange and yellow. Everything shorter wavelength(especially white light with a lot of blue) bleaches the rod cells and causes pupillary constriction.

Ive literally seen people with blue interior lights and Mercedes Benz has configurable colour LEDs in their cars, including the $100,000 and up S Class that have a pure spectral blue mode. Im like WTF?

Ive also seen OEM stereos and instruments that use blue backlit LCD screens, which are literally the worst colourfor human vision. With HEALTHY eyes, blue text will be slightly out of focus because the blue photoreceptors are arranged around the red and green cones in the eye.

These bluish white LED street lamps that theyre replacing the actually MORE efficient high pressure sodiums with are terrible for night vision too.

4 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

These bluish white LED street lamps that theyre replacing the actually MORE efficient high pressure sodiums with are terrible for night vision too.

Actually, those cool white (towards bluish) compared to sodium lights are safer, the downside is just that it can mess up with your sleep if you travel a lot during the night, it's harder to go to sleep when you arrive home.

See this good video about outdoor lightning

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Actually, those cool white (towards bluish) compared to sodium lights are safer, the downside is just that it can mess up with your sleep if you travel a lot during the night, it's harder to go to sleep when you arrive home.

See this good video about outdoor lightning

Ill watch the whole thing but i just paused at 1:15 because he just ruined anything else hes about to use to justify LED street lighting...

Driving at night is not SCOTOPIC vision. Its MESOPIC.

Edit: Ok so he did mention mesopic vision.

He does mention warm LEDs, but then goes he conflates the idea that blue light wouldnt damage the eye because sunlight is higher intensity and also has blue in the SPD.

Thats complete bullshit because the mechanism by which blue light damages the retina is WAVELENGTH dependent, NOT intenisty dependent. Its called rhodopsin mediated photo reversal btw and it has been extensively studied, as has the increased ROS production under cool SPD lighting.

I like how he fundamentally doesnt understand that the eye adjusts its sensitivity by orders of magnitude but then makes the claim that blue light causing eye damage isnt backed by "science". Apparently the science backing what he says needs quotes too because hes full of it.

Another issue he doesnt address is the difference between the way LEDs are extremely bright point sources of bluish light. That causes glare and COMPLETELY "shuts off" your scotopic vision! It takes minutes if youre a kid to tens of minutes for adults to RECOVER from photobleaching the retina.

Oops he missed that basic science too.

He does get one thing right though. Warm CCT LEDs would be a good street light. My car actually has quite beight LED headlights and they are a step up from HIDs to be sure.

Too bad cities are using 7000K cheapshit LEDs to light roads like he said. And the way the road is lit means youre screwed if you suddenly go from LED street lights to no lights and your car doesnt have insanely bright headlights like mine.

The real most high tech light source in the world is still incandescent.

http://news.mit.edu/2016/nanophotonic-incandescent-light-bulbs-0111

First video was kind of a fail. Onto the next.

I agree, Government Motors cars suck. My car is made in Japan and has good tail lights... and headlights. Automatic lights are good and people who drive with DRLs on should get a huge ticket. Same with people who use 10000K blue fake HID headlights on trucks and who drive with their brights on.

LED traffic lights are great and i never said anything bad about them. Theyre a good use of LEDs.

I was a massive lighting nerd as a kid and it kinda stuck with means so ik why theyre orange :P

P.S. i would like LED street lights fine if they were warmer and not the cheap garbage ones they put up everywhere.

(Comment removed - someone already said what I wanted to say while I was writing)

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M