Is MacBook pro 15 2018 worth the money?

Hi I am looking for a light gaming machine productivity and video editing machine that is fairly portable and I really like this MacBook pro 15

I7 8750H

512gb nvme ssd

Radeon 560X

16 gb ram

However the price is very high (I believe it's more expensive than the xps 15 with more srorage) and while I do really like Apple products , I'm not sure whether I should get it or not , what are your opinions?

I wouldn't go for a 15 inch macbook pro if I'd want to move around with it, plus to me it's not a good deal. (at all)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

it's 4k sgd (2.9k usd) for that i can bulid myself a 1080ti desktop and just stream it to a normal lightweight laptop... (in singapore you can get insane speeds... 1000mbps at home, 60-100mbps on 4G lols)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

1 hour ago, Panda69 said:

https://www.razer.com/gb-en/Gaming-System/Razer-Blade-C1/p/RZ09-02385W92-R3W1#shop

at £1979 its  over £700 cheaper than the macbook pro and you might still have problems with the keyboard

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-says-new-macbook-pro-keyboard-wont-fix-sticky-key-issue/

I would avoid Razer... they fall apart and I wouldn't want to a take a chance with the amount you're paying here.

In general Apple is bad "value" because for the money you can get a lot better specs. They are a lot more expensive but the battery should last very long and the metal frame is a great thing to have (coming from someone who has a cracked plastic gaming laptop frame...) . The resale value is also dramatically higher when you sell it in a couple years so that premium is something you get back if you sell it used. If you actually need the light weight and battery life they're awesome laptops but they really won't be competitive in a gaming sense: with bad thermals and low end specs

That's an F in the profile pic

4 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I would avoid Razer... they fall apart and I wouldn't want to a take a chance with the amount you're paying here.

In general Apple is bad "value" because for the money you can get a lot better specs. They are a lot more expensive but the battery should last very long and the metal frame is a great thing to have (coming from someone who has a cracked plastic gaming laptop frame...) . The resale value is also dramatically higher when you sell it in a couple years so that premium is something you get back if you sell it used. If you actually need the light weight and battery life they're awesome laptops but they really won't be competitive in a gaming sense: with bad thermals and low end specs

Yea I really like MACOS and don't really care about value in a sense of fps per dollar since that pretty much disqualifies any laptop , I do like final cut alot , genius bar is pretty handy too , and whilst the keyboard isn't the best for me , it does the trick (however I tested the old 2016 one at my friends house so idk about the latest one) , the display is awesome for watching movies and the touchbar is pretty snazzy too , touchid is a godsend , I personally do own a pair of beats X and an iPhone already so mac could be worth a shot right ?

2 minutes ago, Terminated2019 said:

Yea I really like MACOS and don't really care about value in a sense of fps per dollar since that pretty much disqualifies any laptop , I do like final cut alot , genius bar is pretty handy too , and whilst the keyboard isn't the best for me , it does the trick (however I tested the old 2016 one at my friends house so idk about the latest one) , the display is awesome for watching movies and the touchbar is pretty snazzy too , touchid is a godsend , I personally do own a pair of beats X and an iPhone already so mac could be worth a shot right ?

Personally it's not "worth it'' for me. However this is personal preference, if you like the Apple ecosystem then it'll treat you well. They're solid laptops and if you don't mind the lackluster gaming experience I think you'll really like it. Just know that 560 isn't going to be a "gaming" GPU for very long at all

1 hour ago, Terminated2019 said:

Hi I am looking for a light gaming machine productivity and video editing machine that is fairly portable and I really like this MacBook pro 15

I7 8750H

512gb nvme ssd

Radeon 560X

16 gb ram

However the price is very high (I believe it's more expensive than the xps 15 with more srorage) and while I do really like Apple products , I'm not sure whether I should get it or not , what are your opinions?

Well u mentioned gaming and Mac 

the two opposites 

If performance is something u want the Zephyrus M will be nice 

if gaming isn’t necessary then the MacBook is nice

@D2ultima LOL THEY PUT A 6 CORE CHIP IN  MACBOOK LOL.

Bets on whether it'll run at 2.5ghz or 2.0ghz. Also at 100c forever. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

Would dualbooting linux on the pro void my warranty however ?

2 minutes ago, Terminated2019 said:

No, but then you might as well just get a better laptop

9 hours ago, Terminated2019 said:

Not sure why that makes any sense. its just software. also, you've convinced yourself that you're probably going to get it.

let us know when your keyboard fails or when your thing overheats. it's going to happen. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p