Should I buy arma 3 or squad?

Jaok

I've heard that squad is more fun but there are more things to do there compared squad, so which one should I buy?

My pc specs:

I7 8700

Gtx 1060 6gb

8gb ddr4

I have both games and let me tell you pros and cons for both

Arma 3

Pros:

Huge steam workshop

can be played offline/lan

you can host your own games for you and your friends

has a pretty solid and long story campaign

planes

helos

tanks

and many other vehicles like aircraft carrier or destroyer

cons:

still single CPU

just recently switched to 64 bit

can be buggy at times

really have (performance wise)

8gb might be a bit short when including mods

squad

pros:

Good sounds and weapon feeling

Good looking graphics

already integrated squad system

Very good Voip

cons:

even heavier than arma 3

really slowish at times

little range of vehicles

only a small amount of guns

3 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

I have both games and let me tell you pros and cons for both

Arma 3

Pros:

Huge steam workshop

can be played offline/lan

you can host your own games for you and your friends

has a pretty solid and long story campaign

planes

helos

tanks

and many other vehicles like aircraft carrier or destroyer

cons:

still single CPU

just recently switched to 64 bit

can be buggy at times

really have (performance wise)

8gb might be a bit short when including mods

squad

pros:

Good sounds and weapon feeling

Good looking graphics

already integrated squad system

Very good Voip

cons:

even heavier than arma 3

really slowish at times

little range of vehicles

only a small amount of guns

Thanks

1 minute ago, Jaok said:

Thanks

If you are looking for quick action with mods where you can hop in with your friends Arma 3 is your bet, more organised realistic squads are found in squad

46 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

If you are looking for quick action with mods where you can hop in with your friends Arma 3 is your bet, more organised realistic squads are found in squad

Is arma 3 enjoyable without friends or do I really need friends to play it because most of my friends play games like LoL or Fortnite and they aren't really interested in military shooters

There are public tactical realism servers that you can join and play with randoms.

https://www.77th-jsoc.com/ These guys have 2 public server and they are most of the time full so yes you can play.

Your other options are workshop missions like "Antistasi" or "Liberation" that are presistant and take quite some time to fully finish

Arma is much more of platform to build game types than a game in it's self.  It has a very powerful mission editor and scripting support that will allow you to create just about any scenario you can think of if you learn the language it uses.

This has the upside of massive customization and more mods than you can imagine but it also mean if you download missions or mods created by others there are generally no standard way of doing things. e.g. Rearming a vehicle might mean parking it next to an ammo truck, it might mean parking it a set location on the map, it might mean selecting an option from the scroll wheel menu or any number of other ways and that true of many things.

While it does have a lot of PVP game types people have made it does seem to lean a lot heavier on single player or coop/pve game play.

If you want to set up complex scenarios or just drop yourself on a huge sandbox and play with the toys Arma would be better.

Squad is more of a teamwork based competitive FPS like a hardcore version of the Battlefield series.

It is pretty much the spiritual successor to BF:2 Project Reality Mod and a lot of the people who worked on PR went on to work on squad.

There is No AI in Squad, it's all about PVP, teamwork and coordination to capture points and bleed the enemy team of tickets.

If you want to play alone or coop with friends against AI, Arma is the better bet.

If you want to jump into a server and join a squad of real people fighting another team of real people then Squad would be better 

Arma 3. 

Modzzzzz

not squad

you have to walk super far to the objective, get sniped & then have to walk all the way back & you can only play Versus so you’re in a team of people you don’t know or you magically have 49 friends somehow. 

I've only tried Squad on a free weekend and thought it really needed some more time to bake in the oven. It is like a hardcore Battlefield, but until the timer dings and the cake rises it's just a bit of a goopy mess.

ARMA I have mixed feelings about. The single player honestly isn't worth it and is... typically pretty terrible and doesn't explain much of anything. Multiplayer can be fun if you can find a server that you have the mods for and isn't incredibly laggy.

I reinstalled it recently and honestly couldn't really figure out how to get the mods I needed to join pretty much any server, but then again I could be half retarded, who knows?

#Muricaparrotgang

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I've only tried Squad on a free weekend and thought it really needed some more time to bake in the oven. It is like a hardcore Battlefield, but until the timer dings and the cake rises it's just a bit of a goopy mess.

ARMA I have mixed feelings about. The single player honestly isn't worth it and is... typically pretty terrible and doesn't explain much of anything. Multiplayer can be fun if you can find a server that you have the mods for and isn't incredibly laggy.

I reinstalled it recently and honestly couldn't really figure out how to get the mods I needed to join pretty much any server, but then again I could be half retarded, who knows?

Joining with mods is pretty easy with the new launcher, select the server press join and it automatically shows you what mods you need and which not

Arma 3 is more fun by far. 

I have about 50 hours in Squad. Squad is a great game but expect to run....alot. I once tried to take a bike to my buddies from main spawn base and I got yelled at by the commander. I dropped the bike and ran 10 minutes.....it was fun let me tell you. lmao

22 hours ago, ZeouLs said:

Joining with mods is pretty easy with the new launcher, select the server press join and it automatically shows you what mods you need and which not

Does it just... auto download them from steam? I really don't feel like searching for all of the things before joining any random server I might hop into.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Does it just... auto download them from steam? I really don't feel like searching for all of the things before joining any random server I might hop into.

Yep if the mod is from the workshop it downloads it, if not from workshop you have to search on armaholic