can I use 2 different ram brands with different frequencies on my 4 channel mobo?

I have a G.Skill Trident (8gb) 2 x 4GB DDR3 2400mhz and a old kingston RAM 8gb(2x4gb) MHZ  1333mhz on my Asrock z97 Pro board.

Can I use these different rams placing the Gskill on the other channel while palcing the kingston ram on the other channel?

Yes you can, however, the 4 chips will all be defaulted to 1333mhz. So you're stuck with 2400MHZ 8GB OR 1333MHZ 16GB at stock settings, though most 1333mhz will OC to 1600mhz.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

You don't need to go with the exact same stick in order to work right... usually you would want matching pairs to ensure they are giving you the absolute best performance possible as a pair. 
When overclocking this is more of an issue and it's nice to get matched set pairs per channel whenever possible.

You can also mix and match differt speeds of the same types of RAM. As long as your PC is able to run both these speeds it will work the only drawback is the RAM will always default to the lowest performance of the two speeds. So in effect you will be running 16 GB of DDR3 1333 MHz in your case.

So no worries at all.

Thank you so much!!!!

youguys think 16gb 1333mhz is better than a 8gb 2400mhz ?

7 minutes ago, Jimboynoob said:

Thank you so much!!!!

Im guessing u are using intel cpu so ram speeds have minimum impact.. i would go with 16

5 hours ago, Jimboynoob said:

I have a G.Skill Trident (8gb) 2 x 4GB DDR3 2400mhz and a old kingston RAM 8gb(2x4gb) MHZ  1333mhz on my Asrock z97 Pro board.

Can I use these different rams placing the Gskill on the other channel while palcing the kingston ram on the other channel?

1. You only have a Two Channel Board with 2 Slots per Channel, 4 total.

4 Channel is something reserved for LGA20xx and AMD TR4.

2. With more modern systems its possible to set the frequency of each channel individually, theoretical. At least on some systems.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

45 minutes ago, Jimboynoob said:

Thank you so much!!!!

Capacity over speed, always.

hi.

3 hours ago, Jimboynoob said:

Thank you so much!!!!

I would go for the 16 GB option as well. You will get a (small) hit in speed performance, but at least you will have a sufficient amount of fast RAM.

If you would go for the 8 GB option then: You can quite easily fill all of those 8 GB of RAM. In that case, when all of the 8 GB of RAM is full, your system will use the much slower storage drive as a RAM alternative. Even if you would have an SSD, this would mean a massive slow down of your system.

So conclusion: go for the 16 GB 1333 MHz instead of the 8 GB 2400 MHz.