Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sennheiser HD58X Dac/Amp Recomendations

I just bought the Massdrop Sennheiser HD58X and was wondering if a DAC/Amp is necessary. I have the ROG Strix Z370-E gaming Motherboard with  "Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio with dual headphone amplifiers and ROG exclusive SupremeFX S1220A CODEC driven by Japanese capacitors"

Will it be better for me to buy a something like the Schiit Fulla 2 or keep the onboard audio. 

Going to be pairing this with a Modmic 5 also.

I would go ahead and buy a Schiit Fulla, or a new sound card if you want the best audio. Sadly I have a usb headset, so I can't experience the audioplilia.. 

1 hour ago, Rev Games said:

usb headset

*shudder*

My System: 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC •  Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White) • ASUS VG27AQ • Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum • Logitech G502 Hero

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

*shudder*

im sorry. I should have said *** *******. I know it brings pain, but I can't afford a new headset rn

It is not necessary to drive them, but a DAC/Amp will always improve your sound quality a good bit over onboard. I would go wit at least something like the FX Audio DACX6 or Schiit Fulla 2.

I wouldnt get one. You could’ve spend the money on HD6xx instead

I would just try the onboard sound first.  If you think it's good enough then just stick with it.