Can't understand where to store stuff

SaiyamDh
Go to solution Solved by Pixel5,

it should happen automatically but the speed you get is not compareable to a real SSD, hybrid HDDs are already becoming obsolete again because flash is getting cheaper and the hybrid stuff has some problems that come with this concept.

Ok, so I just bought a new laptop and while buying the specs said that the laptop has 1TB of HDD and 8GB of SSD. While now running it for a month or two I've started to think what my SSD is being used for, I looked up ways to find what storage I have and came to know I only have HHDs (screenshot attached) so now I cant understand even if I have a SSD or no and if I do can you recommend what stuff I should store on my HDD and what on my SSD. Thanks.

Screenshot (7).png

Right click the Windows logo and then left click Disk managment. You can see a lot there. How many disks you have and space allocation. 

<Video Link Removed>

Sneaky beaky like ...

CPU Core i5 3 GHz Motherboard H110M GRENADE RAM 8 GB GPU GTX 1060 MSI Case MSI Infinity Series Storage 256 GB SSD 600p Intel Series + 2 GB Seagate Display(s) 32" 1440p Q3279WG5B Cooling Silent Storm 3, Silent System Keyboard MSI DS4200 Gaming Mouse MSI Interceptor D5 Sound Bloody G300 Operating System Windwos 10

what you have there is for sure a hybrid HDD which is a normal HDD with a bit of flash storage bolted on.

you have no control over what is stored on this flash storage, the idea is that the system will see what files are used often and move them to the flash storage for faster access.

1 minute ago, Pixel5 said:

what you have there is for sure a hybrid HDD which is a normal HDD with a bit of flash storage bolted on.

you have no control over what is stored on this flash storage, the idea is that the system will see what files are used often and move them to the flash storage for faster access.

so this all with happen automatically and i don't have to change the settings?

it should happen automatically but the speed you get is not compareable to a real SSD, hybrid HDDs are already becoming obsolete again because flash is getting cheaper and the hybrid stuff has some problems that come with this concept.