LG Monitors Ultrawide 34 inch vs 31.5 inch VA vs IPS panel

Ektelion

hello guys i am in the market for a monitor with 144hz for gaming but i also love to watch movies in high quality when i am not gaming, what would you recommend me get compared to these 2?

the first one even though it has a better quality 1440p its not curved and its 31.5 VA panel

http://www.lg.com/my/monitors/lg-32GK850G-B

The second one though is a bigger monitor curved ultrawide but the resolution is limited to 1080p but it comes with IPS panel which i don't know if fits better for my preferences.

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC89G-B-ultrawide-mo...

What would you recommend a movie lover + gamer, G-SYNC 144HZ is a must on the list though.
Good colors in the game and movie are a preference if you ask me

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering the 32GK850G for my setup, and as far as i hear is a very good monitor.

However, from a movie watching perspective i'd say it  will be hampered by the lack of native 1440p material.

How much this will set you back is hard to say, and mostly depends on the quality of the source material, but i imagine that something razor-sharp like "The International" on Blu Ray would suffer significantly from the upscaling.

I have a va panel freesync monitor and there is not a significant difference between it and my ips monitor and will be unnoticed unless doing Photoshop or other things that involve colour correction. As for the choice between the 2 monitors it depends if you want to game on a traditional 16:9 aspect ratio or on 21:9 which will provide larger viewing angles in games but is not supported with all games. It comes down to personal preference.

I think the monitor market from 2017 till now 2018 july is so messed up that its not really worth buying any expensive monitors these days.

Asus and Acer having quality control issues, LG not having a gsync 144hz 1440p ips monitor to offer, samsung is not even in this gsync technology thing
i am refusing to go with AOC or Viewsonic, hell even Dell, i guess i'll upgrade my Gpu first then see what comes released in the late 2018's or even 2019 in terms of gaming monitors.

Such a dissapointmentfor somebody being in the market for monitors these days...

What I really want (Flat 30-32" 16:9 or 16:10, high refresh, adaptive sync, 4k, true HDR, decent price) will take ages to get to the market.

• 3 weeks later...

The 32GK850G is a very good VA panel by most accounts, and does not suffer badly from many of the issues that others have in the past, overshoot, trailing etc. For a monitor bigger than the standard 27", it's probably one of the better options out there... although we'd all like 4K HDR and high refresh at this size and above of course. We'll be waiting until 2019 for that though, and when it comes it will be insanely priced.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti