Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I have oced my cpu to 4.2 Ghz at 1.35 volts, but now the voltage will not go down, it is always at 1.35. Is there a way to set it like it was in auto? I mean to let it go down when i am just browsing or playing light games.

15 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Hi, I have oced my cpu to 4.2 Ghz at 1.35 volts, but now the voltage will not go down, it is always at 1.35. Is there a way to set it like it was in auto? I mean to let it go down when i am just browsing or playing light games.

Set it to auto. just click the box in BIOS and press a random letter and press enter.

CPU i7-7700k 5.5GHz GPU MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR OCV1, MSI 1060 6GB ARMOR OCV1 RAM Corsiar VLED 3k BOARD MSI Z270 SLI SSD Samsung 960 E 250GB, 2TB x3 Samsung 860 Evo HDD WD 4TB, WD 1TB PSU EVGA 650GQ80+M CASE Cougar Panzer

8 hours ago, Crazycatman said:

Set it to auto. just click the box in BIOS and press a random letter and press enter.

It won't go down either, voltage stuck at 1.4

Set it back to 1.35 if that is stable.  You can try and overclock with pstates only to get that stable is a hassle and not worth the time. As long as your temps are fine the 1.35v doesn't matter. 

When you enable overclocking, Cool n Quiet (which controls the lowering of voltage and clock speed) is automatically disabled in the BIOS. That's why you're seeing this behavior. My 2700X does the same thing and it doesn't bother me personally.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04