At what age did you play your first PC game & do you remember the first game that You played on it?

Does playing with an old virtual Atlas on my grandparent's old Macintosh in 1995-95 count?

There was also Power Pete on the Macintosh, except I really did not like it, at all...

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

20 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Fun fact not everyone knows. It's only a demo, there's a full version out there.

It's called Full Tilt! Pinball. I wouldn't say the windows version is a demo for the other game since it was never trying to sell or promote the original game, but was just a cut down version for release with the windows OS.

Full Tilt! Pinball has 2 extra tables (pirate theme and dragon theme), but is otherwise almost identical.

All these people saying Space Cadet Pinball was their first game is making me feel old.

7 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

. I need help with this one though I don't have high hopes. It was an old game where you were walking as a robot and pushing/sliding stuff to make a way, finding keys etc. Sokoban style but with a robot. Can't remember :(

There was quite a few games of that early 90s era that had similar mechanics. Push blocks to unlock path or push them in place to activate something.
I vaguely remember playing some games like this, but I think a lot of the puzzles were too complex for me when I was 4 or 5 years old.

I remember I enjoyed one of those tank wars games where it would be two opposing tanks on a 2D map that looked like it was drawn in paint and you had to choose the angle and power of your shot to try and destroy the opponents tank. The ground was destructible so blasts could end up digging holes in the ground.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I had my (family) PC when I was 6 years old. It was a Pentium 4 ASUS Prebuild PC.

The first game that I played was an arcade simulator (MAME if i'm not wrong) that my uncle installed. There were many more game installed on my PC, but I barely understand how to play any of them. here's what I remember : Hercules, Polaris (a snowmobile game), Counter Strike (I don't rememer the version), some motocross game that I forgot the title, Nfs hot pursuit 2, also some kind of first person rpg on a dungeon and your first enemy is a skeleton (I can't find the title to this day).

CPU i5 6600K (4.4GHz @1.25V) | GPU MSI GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X (2126/4504) | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 2666MHz (3000MHz) | BOARD MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon | SSD Samsung 850 evo 250GB | HDD 2 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU Corsair CX750M | CASE Corsair Spec-Alpha | COOLING Deepcool Captain 240EX RGB |

Wing Commander 3 in 1995 on a friend's Pentium computer. I would have been 12. I will say that I had an Amiga at the time which I played games on, but this was the first PC game.

It wasn't a 2 player game, but we'd huddle round the keyboard, he'd fly the ship and I'd handle the weapons.

I got my first PC in 1998 because of Carmageddon 2. I'd never seen such a freeform racer with so many ways to win a race, weapons, open world exploration and of course the damage system that was sophisticated enough to even split the car in two with the right crash/force.

Athan is pronounced like Nathan without the N. <3