So i've scared myself out of an AIO, help me choose

BiBiAhn

After watching videos and figuring that if the AIO leaks in my new setup, I would be annoyed. Therefore I have turned to an Air cooler instead, what air cooler should I get?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ccMXfH

This is where I am buying all my products:
https://www.pccasegear.com/category/207_23/cooling/cpu-cooling
https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/cooling/cpu-coolers-air

2 minutes ago, RZeroX said:

Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Cooler

Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler

Either of these would be good.

Be quiet! seems good

Pretty much anything from noctua that fits your case and build would work mate. I swapped from a Corsair H100i to a Noctua NH-D15 air cooler, and I now have similar or better thermal performance at a much lower noise threshold. 

The D15 is super big though, and my partner has the NH-U12p cooling his machine and it gets very similar temperatures on his chip. I have a 6700K at 4.6 and he has a 6600K at 4.6.

2 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Pretty much anything from noctua that fits your case and build would work mate. I swapped from a Corsair H100i to a Noctua NH-D15 air cooler, and I now have similar or better thermal performance at a much lower noise threshold. 

The D15 is super big though, and my partner has the NH-U12p cooling his machine and it gets very similar temperatures on his chip. I have a 6700K at 4.6 and he has a 6600K at 4.6.

That's good to hear, although Noctua coolers look bloody ugly, I might buy one. 

1 minute ago, BiBiAhn said:

Realistically how many people invite others to gawk at their desktop?

I don't even stare at mine intently and it's on my desk. Even have a giant 200mm Noctua in the front and you can't hide that lol

14 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Realistically how many people invite others to gawk at their desktop?

I don't even stare at mine intently and it's on my desk. Even have a giant 200mm Noctua in the front and you can't hide that lol

I like to stare into mine ):

18 minutes ago, BiBiAhn said:

You could go Chromax which isn't ugly, but honestly a non K 8700 does need a ton of cooling.

1 minute ago, Densetsu said:

You could go Chromax which isn't ugly, but honestly a non K 8700 does need a ton of cooling.

What if I changed to a K?

What if I changed to a K?

If you were overclocking, then yeah. I'd get a nice cooler.

3P7A7674-Edit.thumb.jpg.3f54631af089133cc478a6897b494895.jpg

I went the ITX route. I used Noctua Redux fans which are miles better looking than the poop fans. They don't make Chromax that small, but you won't have that issue. I run this between 5.0 & 5.2.

If overclocking, I would advise an AIO. The failure rate on AIO's is low IF you get one from a reputable brand, like the H series from Corsair.

hi.

2 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

If overclocking, I would advise an AIO. The failure rate on AIO's is low IF you get one from a reputable brand, like the H series from Corsair.

I might as well get a AIO, corsair covers my other components if it leaks right? 

27 minutes ago, BiBiAhn said:

I might as well get a AIO, corsair covers my other components if it leaks right? 

Gigiddy,

The Hydro Series H60, H80 and H100 come with a 5 Year Warranty. I talked to a Corsair representative, who confirmed that this warranty covers not only the cooler, but the system components in which it is installed. Had I not received this information I would be in the same position you are. After receiving this information though, I bought an H80 for my PC and an H60 for my wife's! smile.gif

Hopefully this answers your question and a Corsair Tech replies to this post to reinforce what I learned. *hint hint* tongue.gif

One persons comment ^

each case of leakage is handled on a case by case basis. the warranty only covers the cooler itself. 
not that i would ever steer ya away from a Corsair product you need to take into account if you have a lets say a 1500-2000 dollar rig IMHO i would custom build a WC system. a strong aquarium pump and a nice copper block and maybe a BIX or 2. if the aquarium pump ever leaked it would pool on the bottom of the case, not on top of video cards. just my .02

again, im not talking you out of an H100, i just think there may be a cap to how much you would be reimbursed.

Other persons comment ^

I think it's a 50/50 issue. You can easily scam Corsair into giving you free components, so they have to be careful about that. I would recommend contacting Corsair via email or a live chat and get more information on it.

Quotes from: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103856

hi.

2 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

One persons comment ^

Other persons comment ^

I think it's a 50/50 issue. You can easily scam Corsair into giving you free components, so they have to be careful about that. I would recommend contacting Corsair via email or a live chat and get more information on it.

Quotes from: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103856

Okay I've figured this out. I'm gonna buy the noctua cooler but use the dark tint meshify-c case. Thank you for your time

2 hours ago, RZeroX said:

Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Cooler

Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler

Either of these would be good.

Why won't you people read before posting? The case in PCPP listing has max cooler height of 158mm. Neither of those would fit. The Meshify C is different, but was first mentioned in OPs last post:

40 minutes ago, BiBiAhn said:

Okay I've figured this out. I'm gonna buy the noctua cooler but use the dark tint meshify-c case. Thank you for your time

You can fit pretty much anything in that case. D15 is good pick with Chromax. If you can live without Chromax, U14S is probably best price/performance cooler for higher tiers (Pure Rock is the budget king, Scythe Fuma midrange).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, BiBiAhn said:

Are you going with a 8700 or 8700k?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you going with a 8700 or 8700k?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thanks!! I'm going with the H7. (Is the h7 the same as h7 quad lumi but just with rgb?

Thanks!! I'm going with the H7. (Is the h7 the same as h7 quad lumi but just with rgb?

They're not the same heatsinks. The H7 QL is slightly better in performance.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're not the same heatsinks. The H7 QL is slightly better in performance.

The B250 Gaming K4 isn't compatible with i7 8700. I could change the cpu, what do you reckon

The B250 Gaming K4 isn't compatible with i7 8700. I could change the cpu, what do you reckon

No, nvm. Ignore the motherboard suggestion-- it was a brain fart.

3 hours ago, BiBiAhn said:

Updated list: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/viviennequach/saved/pvqZ8d

Note fans are $169 because there are 5 fans and Hue+ in a  bundle that I'm buying

So why are you going with a non k i7? whats the price difference between the 8700 and the 8700k?

also i see your getting a 1080p monitor. you could save money and go with a 1070ti which would be more then enough for 1080p gaming.

i personally would always suggest getting the k version of an intel because overclocking is free performance.

im a function over looks kinda guy so i always suggest using money for performance instead of fans that are RGB (i mean 170 for fans???? that crazy to me) but its your build.

14 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

So why are you going with a non k i7? whats the price difference between the 8700 and the 8700k?

also i see your getting a 1080p monitor. you could save money and go with a 1070ti which would be more then enough for 1080p gaming.

i personally would always suggest getting the k version of an intel because overclocking is free performance.

im a function over looks kinda guy so i always suggest using money for performance instead of fans that are RGB (i mean 170 for fans???? that crazy to me) but its your build.

- Price difference is $80 AUD
How about this? https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/viviennequach/saved/pvqZ8d