[Review] California Headphone Company - Silverado

ShearMe

Also, I did not know that, and it looks like they had a version with completely replaceable cables.

Yes, it does look like they designed them for it. Probably didn't go ahead with it for production/labor reasons.

I'm tempted to buy these to go with my now slightly wearing Bose triport OEs, they're £50 on Amazon UK and they've been there for a fair few weeks now. I liked your review by the way, especially with the sound graph, I'm a sucker for graphs.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm tempted to buy these to go with my now slightly wearing Bose triport OEs, they're £50 on Amazon UK and they've been there for a fair few weeks now. I liked your review by the way, especially with the sound graph, I'm a sucker for graphs.

I posted it on reddit and they QQ'd about the treble, completely ignoring everything else.

Grab them before they disappear from Amazon!

I posted it on reddit and they QQ'd about the treble, completely ignoring everything else.

Grab them before they disappear from Amazon!

Yep, just ordered them now. Should be here in time for Christmas with any luck.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

• 2 months later...

well theres something wrong wiht there website well fuck i cant get my headphone cables

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

well theres something wrong wiht there website well fuck i cant get my headphone cables

Their company shut down, that's why the deals were so good for a while.  From the horse's mouth.

Their company shut down, that's why the deals were so good for a while.  From the horse's mouth.

holy shit really well that suck like alot

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

hmm i dont know if that would work people were saying none of them worked or something i dont know

hmm i dont know if that would work people were saying none of them worked or something i dont know

It's just a simple splitter. @EmoRarity has tried the same with his pair.

• 3 months later...

Hmm perhaps I dun goofed but what I got is kind of mono audio .. I'll have to fix the cables manually to fix them I think.

I used these cables: https://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021802&p_id=645&seq=1&format=2

And this splitter https://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021808&p_id=667&seq=1&format=2

I'll prob ask this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/356shv/getting_a_replacement_cable_for_california/ for help as he seems to have done the same thing.