asus m5a97 r2.0

JohnDOUGH

I just put together my first computer and i got some part just handed to me so i said why not build a computer. i bought some used parts like my motherboard and everything works but the blue pcie x16 slot an dim not saying it doesn't work at all it just wont say theres a graphics card there. i get picture but everything is slow and laggy so i moved it to the black pcie x4 slot and works fine. i also put graphics card that gets power from 6 pin and it works in pci x16 slot so why is the lowered card not working. Any suggestions help. 

Slow your roll here a bit.

Punctuation is your friend.

More information is going to help as well. System specs. We need to know them, all of them, not that they're used or not.

talk to the person that gave you these used items, see if they are known to have issues.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

its from amazon so no one to really talk to. Also i dont care about punctuation its 4:30am for me.

37 minutes ago, JohnDOUGH said:

its from amazon so no one to really talk to. Also i dont care about punctuation its 4:30am for me.

I you don't care enough to compose a coherent question, then why should we care about your problem? You've come to this forum for help. If we can't decipher what your problem is, you really ought to care about it, after all, that's what you're here for.

If these used items are from Amazon, contact the seller and/or read the description of the item. It may state that the component(s) are known to be faulty. "Amazon" and " i got some part just handed to me" are not two things that a rational person would correlate. Amazon is a marketplace for commerce, not for giving away things as your original post heavily implies. This is a prime example of why you ought to care. If it's 04:30 for you, wait another five hours, formulate a logical message.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

motherboard: asus m5a97 r2.0

cpu: phenom ii x4 965BE

power: evga 600watt 

ram: 10gb of kingston 

storage: 1tb wd black 

gpu: r7 240

wifi: dell wifi chip

windows 7 home 

You can go away then im sure someone else will help i dont need some being a dick.

3 minutes ago, JohnDOUGH said:

You can go away then im sure someone else will help i dont need some being a dick.

With a reply like that you can kiss any help goodbye.

I would need to call out if he didnt be a dick im just tired want to right something down see if anyone can help than go to sleep. Thats all and this isnt the only forum out there so if now one wants to help fine.

There's this test that you can do to check the bandwitdth of something something something... something..? And re-sitting the... well square stuff. And something with CMOS. But my bet is on it downgrading to x1 speed due to how it works, but when running demanding titiles it can bump up to... what is it... x128?!

Oh my, it seems like I lost all motivation of helping.

Well, good luck!

9 minutes ago, JohnDOUGH said:

I would need to call out if he didnt be a dick im just tired want to right something down see if anyone can help than go to sleep. Thats all and this isnt the only forum out there so if now one wants to help fine.

Let's break this one down a bit.

> You posted an incoherent message that two of us identified needs clarification.

I gave you suggestions for where to start with the limited information that I was able to understand.

> You told me you don't care if people understand what you're asking.

I returned it to you, showing you why you should care, because the information that I extracted from your post was incorrect. I then proceeded to give you further advice on where to start.

> You called me a dick.

A third person comes along and tells you how it's going to be. Courtesy demands courtesy.

> You called me a dick again.

If you're tired, sleep. Diagnosing issues like this while you're tired is only going to lead to frustration. Try again in the morning.
Others of us are tired as well. I'm on hour 18 of a 21 hour shift attempting to provide you with assistance during my downtime.

State your question clearly, outline your specs and ask nicely. You're not getting shit if you keep this up.

hi.