Removing decal from maximus 8 Gene

radmanhs

I've been using this motherboard for a while, but with a monoblock, so I didn't have the Northbridge heatsink on the board.  Well, I can't use my monoblock anymore and had to get a regular cpu block with the stock Northbridge heatsink. And it bugs me that since the theme is blue and white, there is the red in the corner. 

What is the best way to remove this decal? Apply some heat and peel it off? I'm not sure what the best way to do this is, or if it will leave hard to remove residue after.

On 6/16/2018 at 6:09 AM, radmanhs said:

I've been using this motherboard for a while, but with a monoblock, so I didn't have the Northbridge heatsink on the board.  Well, I can't use my monoblock anymore and had to get a regular cpu block with the stock Northbridge heatsink. And it bugs me that since the theme is blue and white, there is the red in the corner. 

What is the best way to remove this decal? Apply some heat and peel it off? I'm not sure what the best way to do this is, or if it will leave hard to remove residue after.

I believe that might be silk screened onto the heatsink so it may not be able to easily come off, if it's just a simple sticker you can apply some heat and remove it with alcohol.

Asus Maximus VIII Gene Review Asus Maximus VIII Gene Review - Features and Specifications

It was etched into the metal, so I ended up sanding the whole thing down, giving it a brushed finish after.