Uplay Account Hacked

So today my friend had noticed his name was changed, also all of his friends were blocked, then he checked his Emails and realized someone had requested to change his name etc.

Points to state-

• He had 2 factor authentication
  • He had his phone on him at the time he recieved the Email

This has now been resolved and he has got access to his account and changed it back to how it was, it's just odd to me that people can bypass 2 step authentication.

5 minutes ago, TRITANIA said:

So today my friend had noticed his name was changed, also all of his friends were blocked, then he checked his Emails and realized someone had requested to change his name etc.

Points to state-

I'd get in touch with Ubisoft "support" via the following link: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000032292/I-Am-Unable-to-Access-My-Ubisoft-Account

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

The hell

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

2 step verification is easy when your uplay password is the same password that you use for your email.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I once did an google search of my old email address. The last result was a website with a list ofbunch of email addresses with passwords. It had my password, I instantly did a new email address and change all my passwords. I was very scared because that password was my bank app password aswell. I dont know how they got it. So be carefull guys.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:57 PM, Teejo said:

I once did an google search of my old email address. The last result was a website with a list ofbunch of email addresses with passwords. It had my password, I instantly did a new email address and change all my passwords. I was very scared because that password was my bank app password aswell. I dont know how they got it. So be carefull guys.

I want to ask the website to see if my email is there but I feel it’s against TOS for obvious reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/6/2018 at 11:53 AM, fpo said:

I want to ask the website to see if my email is there but I feel it’s against TOS for obvious reasons. 

just google search your email address.

Funnily enough this happened to me too! This guy ended up locking me out of my account for years, and since I only had Rainbow 6 Siege which came free with a 1080ti I bought a while back, I couldn't be arsed contacting Ubisoft. A friend of mine wanted to play it so I decided to get it back. Was someone from Russia, surprise surprise! Ubisoft customer support was actually fantastic, I couldn't believe it! Online chat guy sorted me out within 20 minutes. I just had to send him proof the account was mine.