Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

new MOBO won’t recognize GPU

1 minute ago, Carbide X said:

Make sure that the intergrated graphics are disabled

When I do that I won’t be able to see anything at all then. So if that doesn’t work then what 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you plugging your video cables into the motherboard or graphics card.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Are you plugging your video cables into the motherboard or graphics card.

I had to plug into motherboard since the gpu is not working at all but it has power. But it’s not be recognized at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BurntNewt said:

I had to plug into motherboard since the gpu is not working at all but it has power. But it’s not be recognized at all

So youve tried to connect video cables to your graphics card? 

 

What do you mean its not being recognized? 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

So youve tried to connect video cables to your graphics card? 

 

What do you mean its not being recognized? 

Yes I have tried what I mean is it’s not showing up in cam and windows says it’s not there and nothing from afterburner or GeForce expiernence 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not showing up in device manager ?? 

If windows is using it it should at least show up there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

Yes I have tried what I mean is it’s not showing up in cam and windows says it’s not there and nothing from afterburner or GeForce expiernence 

 

Can you show a picture of what it says in dxdiag? Does it say VGA Adapter?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Can you show a picture of what it says in dxdiag? Does it say VGA Adapter?

What is that dxdiag. My debug light for vga on my motherboard went on when I turn my pc on then goes off 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

What is that dxdiag. My debug light for vga on my motherboard went on when I turn my pc on then goes off 

 

Type dxdiag in the windows search bar. Go to the display tab and take a screenshot and post it here

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites

go into bios and make sure they are both enabled and set the card first and onboard second.  You will need video drivers in windows.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

go into bios and make sure they are both enabled and set the card first and onboard second.  You will need video drivers in windows.  Likely you will need older windows update version (Pre 1709)  or older drivers.  Wouldn''t hurt to update bios and chipset.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Type dxdiag in the windows search bar. Go to the display tab and take a screenshot and post it here

 

image.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

go into bios and make sure they are both enabled and set the card first and onboard second.  You will need video drivers in windows.  Likely you will need older windows update version (Pre 1709)  or older drivers.  Wouldn''t hurt to update bios and chipset.

It’s not showing in the bios

Link to post
Share on other sites

heck under Advanced >> Integrated Graphics Configuration >> IGD Multi-monitor [Enabled].  In the same place enable the dedicated graphics and integrated.  It wint show up because when the other was in working it disabled it.  order must be set as dedicated as primary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

heck under Advanced >> Integrated Graphics Configuration >> IGD Multi-monitor [Enabled].  In the same place enable the dedicated graphics and integrated.  It wint show up because when the other was in working it disabled it.  order must be set as dedicated as primary.

So I enabled the it’s and set it’s as primary I think but fans still won’t spin on my gpu 

Link to post
Share on other sites

that is natural, they often wont until they  get warm and need to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

that is natural, they often wont until they  get warm and need to.

I don’t think it got enabled as primary how do I do that. It’s a new bios I’m. It used to it

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The board isn’t recognizing it is saying the pci slot is empty so I will try and re-seat it to see what happens 

Link to post
Share on other sites

update bios.  might have a fix in it BBiafew minutes.  I have to leave quick

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK#down-bios

https://www.msi.com/files/pdf/How_to_flash_the_BIOS.pdf

This is the bios page from your boards support Page.  The PDF file is detailed instructions on how to safely flash the bios.  there is a hotswap fix in the update that should fix your issue as well as a few others.  I would also look over the drivers and reference them with the newest drivers from the manufacture sites of your components to make sure they are up to date and hopefully without issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Praxis727 said:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK#down-bios

https://www.msi.com/files/pdf/How_to_flash_the_BIOS.pdf

This is the bios page from your boards support Page.  The PDF file is detailed instructions on how to safely flash the bios.  there is a hotswap fix in the update that should fix your issue as well as a few others.  I would also look over the drivers and reference them with the newest drivers from the manufacture sites of your components to make sure they are up to date and hopefully without issues. 

Not the right board it’s an Intel z270

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

Not the right board it’s an Intel z270

kk says 370 up top but gimmie one sec

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Praxis727 said:

kk says 370 up top but gimmie one sec

Oh yea 370  my fault 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×