Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tell me how this set up is

trying to get a setup for under 500. feel free to suggest any changes that will stay within my budget. also im still trying to get a monitor and try to keep it near my budget. I am trying to game and mostly play fortnite.

 

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics-96.00

Patriot Viper 3 Series DDR3 8GB 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Memory Kit PV38G160C0-57.99

DEEPCOOL TESSERACT SW Mid Tower Computer Case Blue LED Fans Side Window Standard ATX chassis-49.99

 

Gigabyte AMD AM3+ / ATX / 4xDDR3/ HDMI/ Realtek ALC892/ 2xPCIE/ 8xUSB 2.0 / 4xUSB3.1 Gen 1/ LAN/ Motherboard - 78LMT-USB3 R2-59.99

 

White Label 1TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM SATA2 (3.0Gb/s) 3.5" Desktop Hard Drive (For PC,Mac,CCTV DVR,Server,NAS)- w/ 1 Year Warranty-39.85

 

GIGABYTE GeForce GT 1030 GV-N1030SL-2GL Silent Low Profile 2G-89.99

 

Apevia ATX-RP500W Raptor 500W Power Supply-23.99

total-419.75

Link to post
Share on other sites

That psu looks sketchy as hell. Try and aim for at least a Corsair CXM.

 

You also need an AM4 board and DDR4 ram. Also don't get that gpu just use the onboard.

Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The 2200g APU is horrendous, as a CPU itself it's decent. But that makes it undesirable as the 1300x exists.

Don't pick low-quality power supplies, PSU's determine the reliability and that is seriously something you don't want to mess up.

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZHy68Y

 

Overbudget but I think it is what you need to get a good value. 

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

 | Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

 

The 2200g APU is horrendous, as a CPU itself it's decent. But that makes it undesirable as the 1300x exists.

Don't pick low-quality power supplies, PSU's determine the reliability and that is seriously something you don't want to mess up.

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZHy68Y

 

Overbudget but I think it is what you need to get a good value. 

The 2200G is a good option if he isn't gaming or doing anything that needs a decent gpu i.e Just web browsing or youtube vids etc. Seeing as he also listed a GT 1030 then I am guessing gaming isn't the priority.

Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would an i3 be a better choice here since there is already a dedicated GPU?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

            CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.1Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

            Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

                                                                                                                             

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The 2200G is a good option if he isn't gaming or doing anything that needs a decent gpu i.e Just web browsing or youtube vids etc. Seeing as he also listed a GT 1030 then I am guessing gaming isn't the priority.

What's more likely is that OP isn't well versed in PC components (based on his PSU/RAM choice), and doesn't know that the 1030 is not good enough for gaming. If he was just browsing or doing low-intensity tasks no GPU or APU would be needed.

 

9 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Would an i3 be a better choice here since there is already a dedicated GPU?

It depends on the price he can find a motherboard, usually, Intel boards are more expensive, and with the 8100 being Coffee Lake the current board selection is limited. The 2200G might actually be the cheapest option when compared to the other options being the 1300x/i3-8100. All three perform within 10% of each other but the 8100 does have a substantial single core speed which is important for gaming. 

 

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X-vs-Intel-Core-i3-8100/3930vs3942

 

 

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

 | Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sreno1 said:

What's more likely is that OP isn't well versed in PC components (based on his PSU/RAM choice), and doesn't know that the 1030 is not good enough for gaming. If he was just browsing or doing low-intensity tasks no GPU or APU would be needed.

The 2200G and 1300X are pretty similar when paired with a gpu. I have now noticed that he mentions gaming in the opening post. I don't think that game is very demanding though is it ? Either way he would definitely be better with your suggestion of gpu (GTX 1050 ti) as the GT 1030 is about the same as the onboard so no point buying that anyway.

Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×