Best mic for a starting twitch streamer?

pajpaj

Blue Snowball is the common choice (not bad) but I used a Samson Meteor and loved it. On a Blue Yeti now.

If you're looking specifically for a headset mic, the Modmic is a good option in terms of quality but running two cables is a pain. The V-MODA BoomPro is a nice alternative if your headphones have a detachable 3.5mm cable since you can run a single wire for headphones and mic.

Blue snowball or snowball ICE.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

LTT has a cheap mic roundup video that you should probably watch. I don't know if its hit YouTube yet but it is on Floatplane so it shouldn't be long before it hits YouTube. 

ModMic 4 + a USB adapter will go a long way for starting out. :) I may be bias though :D 

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

22 hours ago, AAJoe said:

ModMic 4 + a USB adapter will go a long way for starting out. :) I may be bias though :D 

As your customer, I can recommend modmic 5 for streaming purposes.

TBH, setting up all these desk mics and putting them in front of your face is just annoying.

*sitting down, waiting for antlion to send me another modmic as a prize :P * 

Best budget mic I can recommend, if you must have USB, is the Samson Q2U

7 hours ago, xtroria said:

As your customer, I can recommend modmic 5 for streaming purposes.

TBH, setting up all these desk mics and putting them in front of your face is just annoying.

*sitting down, waiting for antlion to send me another modmic as a prize :P * 

Do I need a headphone with an audio jack with this?

On 6/6/2018 at 1:33 AM, AAJoe said:

2 hours ago, pajpaj said:

2 hours ago, pajpaj said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the modmic has its own cable that you plug to the 3.5mm mic jack at the back of your motherboard.

Heh yeah @pajpaj if I understand your question correctly, the ModMic has its own cable (and cable management to keep things tidy) that runs along your headphone cable and then plugs into your mic port. Our default is 3.5mm, but it can also work with USB via our adapter (currently sold out, but I can recommend other similar adapters).

We have some videos and stuff here that may help: https://www.youtube.com/c/AntlionAudio

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

20 hours ago, InvertedEar said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the modmic has its own cable that you plug to the 3.5mm mic jack at the back of your motherboard.

So basically, any headphone will do?

4 hours ago, AAJoe said:

Heh yeah @pajpaj if I understand your question correctly, the ModMic has its own cable (and cable management to keep things tidy) that runs along your headphone cable and then plugs into your mic port. Our default is 3.5mm, but it can also work with USB via our adapter (currently sold out, but I can recommend other similar adapters).

We have some videos and stuff here that may help: https://www.youtube.com/c/AntlionAudio

14 hours ago, pajpaj said:

Modmic is essentially a mic that you stick to your current headphone and run a separate cable into the mic plug on your motherboard. 

I do however recommend you getting a USB soundcard (it's like $8 on amazon) to avoid any problem and get the best sound quality out of it