Hello!

I just wanted to ask if a person is under 18 years old, and their parents let the kid make a paypal on the kids name, what should they put for the date of birth?

And of course, the kid has their own credit card.

They won't check your actual date of birth until you reach your yearly limit (which I don't think you would as an underage).

If you reach the limit and they ask for age verification they will lock your account.

Spoiler

I personally had a PayPal with a fake name and date of birth until I turned 18 and did not have problems with it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

A personal credit card <18. 

3a5.jpg

But as far as this is concerned, what does PayPal say about this in their terms? If they don't allow minors to create PayPal accounts, there's no truthful way to get around that. You'd have to fake your date of birth. That said, my Google account says I'm 34 when I'm 24 but that's what happens when you want to remove age restrictions as a 14 year old lol.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Eibe said:

They won't check your actual date of birth until you reach your yearly limit (which I don't think you would as an underage).

If you reach the limit and they ask for age verification they will lock your account.

Reveal hidden contents

I personally had a PayPal with a fake name and date of birth until I turned 18 and did not have problems with it.

So, that means that the kid can put their name and a date of birth that is over 18?

The problem is that I heard somewhere that you have to put the real information if you're gonna link your credit card.

As far as I'm aware, that would still be against PayPal's ToS

If paypal finds out, you account can be suspended until you are eighteen and any funds that are in your account, can be frozen.

3 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

As far as I'm aware, that would still be against PayPal's ToS

If paypal finds out, you account can be suspended until you are eighteen and any funds that are in your account, can be frozen.

Ok

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

A personal credit card <18. 

3a5.jpg

But as far as this is concerned, what does PayPal say about this in their terms? If they don't allow minors to create PayPal accounts, there's no truthful way to get around that. You'd have to fake your date of birth. That said, my Google account says I'm 34 when I'm 24 but that's what happens when you want to remove age restrictions as a 14 year old lol.

Put having a kids credit card that their parents set them up isn't illegal

Just now, DodoDodo123 said:

Ok

Possible - yes. Legal - no.

Why dont you get you parents to make one and then just use it then; once you turn 18 get the account transfered or create a new one.
That is probably the better option since it is legal.

4 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Why dont you get you parents to make one and then just use it then; once you turn 18 get the account transfered or create a new one.

Okay, that's a solution :)

Do you know any donation service that can if you stream on Twitch that you can get money by just linking your credit card?

Since i know most of them require paypal

2 minutes ago, DodoDodo123 said:

So, that means that the kid can put their name and a date of birth that is over 18?

Yes, but I wouldn't add any funds to PayPal. Just use it to make transactions on the go and keep your PayPal balance to 0.

I am sure that you can add your own credit card to your parents account, and you can just select it when doing the payment. That wouldn't be against the ToS. So maybe ask one of your parents to create an account under their name and then just add your card to that?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Put having a kids credit card that their parents set them up isn't illegal

Illegal maybe not, but sensible is something else. That said, I'm from a country where you get a personal debit card at age 14 and credit cards aren't super common and everything you buy depends on your bank balance.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

You beat me to it with timing :P

Unraid Server

Ok

A Special Note About Children. Children are not eligible to use our service and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us or use the service.

Taken from: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_privacy-outside

3 minutes ago, Eibe said:

Yes, but I wouldn't add any funds to PayPal. Just use it to make transactions on the go and keep your PayPal balance to 0.

I am sure that you can add your own credit card to your parents account, and you can just select it when doing the payment. That wouldn't be against the ToS. So maybe ask one of your parents to create an account under their name and then just add your card to that?

I heard that is against the rules, cause If a kid has their credit card, the account name and surname have to be as same on the card

Do you know any donation service that can if you stream on Twitch that you can get money by just linking your credit card?

Since i know most of them require paypal

As I have said, you could get you parents to make one and then just use that oun. Once you turn 18 get the account transfered or create a new one.

As I have said, you could get you parents to make one and then just use that oun. Once you turn 18 get the account transfered or create a new one.

Ok, so the problem is solved :=)

Put, wait.. should the kid put their credit card or the credit card of one of their parents?

cause i have heard that putting a credit card and not the same name and surname that the credit card is registered to, that it is against the rules.

Paypal likes to lifetime ban people that violate the underage restriction.  If you aren't 18, the safest thing is to not have a Paypal account.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

6 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

Paypal likes to lifetime ban people that violate the underage restriction.  If you aren't 18, the safest thing is to not have a Paypal account.

Okay