best psu for this build (the cheaper the better)

The cheapest and best PSU for the money. Anything under 50$ is awesome Heres the build:

Note: i have an ssd so calm down!

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VnQTYT
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VnQTYT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B360M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($55.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card  ($799.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1258.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-02 15:25 EDT-0400

CX450/550(m)

You should really be putting an SSD into a $1200 build too.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

You're buying high end parts like a GTX 1080 Ti but putting it inside of a $25 case and now you want a $30 PSU. You shouldn't cheap out with the PSU because if it burns out, it'll kill the rest of the system. Buy something like a EVGA SuperNOVA 650W.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, RKRiley said:

CX450/550(m)

You should really be putting an SSD into a $1200 build too.

i said i have an ssd :I 

There are no sub $30 PSUs fit for a 1080 Ti. If you can't afford a decent PSU, you can absolutely not afford a 1080 Ti. Simple as that. 

The cheapest good PSUs are likely the $50-60 Formula 450W or Whisper M 450W. Then there's the 550W versions for $10 more. 

:)

Just now, Rasbir Singh said:

You're buying high end parts like a GTX 1080 Ti but putting it inside of a $25 case and now you want a $30 PSU. You shouldn't cheap out with the PSU because if it burns out, it'll kill the rest of the system. Buy something like a EVGA SuperNOVA 650W.

dude thats like 60$ thats alot.

Just now, seon123 said:

There are no sub $30 PSUs fit for a 1080 Ti. If you can't afford a decent PSU, you can absolutely not afford a 1080 Ti. Simple as that. 

The cheapest good PSUs are likely the $50-60 Formula 450W or Whisper M 450W. Then there's the 550W versions for $10 more. 

Okay 40$ then?

4 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

The cheapest and best PSU for the money. Anything under 30$ is awesome Heres the build:

Note: i have an ssd so calm down!

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VnQTYT
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VnQTYT/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($178.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B360M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($55.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.90 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AMP Extreme Video Card  ($799.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1258.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-02 15:25 EDT-0400

LMAO SUB 30 DOLLARS AND YOU CAN AFFORD A 1080 TI 

Get a 70 dollar PSU and a GTX 1080 and your home insurance company will thank you later.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you can afford a 1080 Ti but need a $30 PSU for it, you can't afford a 1080 Ti.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

Just now, Rasbir Singh said:

Buy something like a EVGA SuperNOVA 650W.

There's about a billion different Supernova 650W PSUs. For example, the B3 (a fire hazard), the G1 NEX (an ancient overpriced piece of crap) and G3 (a loud PSU with issues regarding its over current and over power protections). Not to mention all the controversies surrounding EVGA sending golden samples to reviewers, with the off the shelf PSUs being much worse. 

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

LMAO SUB 30 DOLLARS AND YOU CAN AFFORD A 1080 TI 

Get a 70 dollar PSU and a GTX 1080 and your home insurance company will thank you later.

how about 50$?

Just now, YourNewPalAlex said:

Okay 40$ then?

You're joking, right?

A 1080 Ti is damn near a grand and you can't spend even a tenth of that on a power supply that won't run out of spec or catch fire? 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, seon123 said:

There's about a billion different Supernova 650W PSUs. For example, the B3 (a fire hazard), the G1 NEX (an ancient overpriced piece of crap) and G3 (a loud PSU with issues regarding its over current and over power protections). Not to mention all the controversies surrounding EVGA sending golden samples to reviewers, with the off the shelf PSUs being much worse. 

i changed the psu budget to under 50$

2 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Okay 40$ then?

I told you the cheapest PSUs I consider fit for a 1080 Ti. If you can't afford those, you can't afford a 1080 Ti.

Edit: I guess the Focus Gold 450W is an option, but it's just $2 cheaper than the Formula and louder. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

You're joking, right?

A 1080 Ti is damn near a grand and you can't spend even a tenth of that on a power supply that won't run out of spec or catch fire? 

50$?

how about 50$?

I'm having a laugh of a time because I can't believe you're serious.

Have you already bought the 1080 Ti? If so, return it. Clearly, with your CPU, case, and PSU budget, you cannot afford it.

What resolution and refresh rate are you playing at? What games?

50$?

You are going to burn your house down.

It won't be the POS power supply exploding. It will be the POS power supply quietly dying during a game...and taking your 1080 Ti with it.

The house will burn down when you pour gasoline all over your computer and light it up.

Buy an $80 Seasonic Focus Prime Gold or a $100 Corsair RMx ffs.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

4 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

the case even if 25$ is not bad mate. If you only see fucking price, well its 60$ on newegg

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

If you can afford a 1080 Ti but need a $30 PSU for it, you can't afford a 1080 Ti.

dude how aboout 50$

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I'm having a laugh of a time because I can't believe you're serious.

Have you already bought the 1080 Ti? If so, return it. Clearly, with your CPU, case, and PSU budget, you cannot afford it.

What resolution and refresh rate are you playing at? What games?

i have not bought it. And i am gonna play on a 4K tv

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

You are going to burn your house down.

It won't be the POS power supply exploding. It will be the POS power supply quietly dying during a game...and taking your 1080 Ti with it.

The house will burn down when you pour gasoline all over your computer and light it up.

Buy an $80 Seasonic Focus Prime Gold or a $100 Corsair RMx ffs.

dude thats soo much for a fucking psu!

dude how aboout 50$

No, you cannot afford a 1080 Ti if you only have $50 for a PSU. A $50 PSU would be appropriate for powering a GTX 1060, not a thousand dollar GPU.

This logic of yours is akin to buying a half-million dollar Ferrari then asking a RE/MAX agent about the cheapest apartment without paid laundry to live in. You CANNOT afford a 1080 Ti.

dude thats soo much for a fucking psu!

Not when you have a freaking $800 GPU plugged into it!

2bhudn.jpg

I'm done. I have nothing else to contribute. You asked for recommendations, I gave you recommendations. If you want to spend $50 on a power supply, go buy a 600W Logisys, game on it with a 1080 Ti and kiss your house goodbye.

1 minute ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

i have not bought it. And i am gonna play on a 4K tv

Thank god you haven't bought it, holy cow.

If you're plannning using a 4K TV, then don't. TV overscanners do not play well with PCs a lot of the time, plus you add tons of input latency playing on a TV. You're going to be sitting a decent distance from the screen anyways, where 1080P would likely make a lot more sense. For 1080P at TV distance viewing, a GTX 1080 would be totally fine. If you're running at 4K, in most games a 1080 Ti will still struggle to power it. I'd still advise not doing that though unless you're playing games that are really casual.

For your situation, an i5 8400 with a GTX 1080 and a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W is a decent buy. For an under-TV setup, I'm unsure of the airflow situation (putting it in a cabinet, floor, etc?) but you want a chassis with a TON of dustproofing and airflow as the PC is going to get really hot.

4 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Thank god you haven't bought it, holy cow.

If you're plannning using a 4K TV, then don't. TV overscanners do not play well with PCs a lot of the time, plus you add tons of input latency playing on a TV. You're going to be sitting a decent distance from the screen anyways, where 1080P would likely make a lot more sense. For 1080P at TV distance viewing, a GTX 1080 would be totally fine. If you're running at 4K, in most games a 1080 Ti will still struggle to power it. I'd still advise not doing that though unless you're playing games that are really casual.

For your situation, an i5 8400 with a GTX 1080 and a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W is a decent buy. For an under-TV setup, I'm unsure of the airflow situation (putting it in a cabinet, floor, etc?) but you want a chassis with a TON of dustproofing and airflow as the PC is going to get really hot.

ugh the floor, but its like open. How do i say this. Ugh it has like a metter around the pc and its sitting on laminate.