How much did the gtx 770 cost when it got released?

Zzzzz69

Hey guys. I found a 2nd hand palit gtx 770 2gb, price at 5,100 pesos *$98* Due to the prices of brand new gpu's this days, I'm totally interested with this. The only issue is that I still have trust issues with online buying. So I'm still trying to look for more evidence that this guy is legit and I'll make sure the gpu is indeed still working. For anyone who buys second hand parts and for those who had bad experiences with online buying, please help me out. Thank you! <3

3 minutes ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Hey guys. I found a 2nd hand palit gtx 770 2gb, price at 5,100 pesos *$98* Due to the prices of brand new gpu's this days, I'm totally interested with this. The only issue is that I still have trust issues with online buying. So I'm still trying to look for more evidence that this guy is legit and I'll make sure the gpu is indeed still working. For anyone who buys second hand parts and for those who had bad experiences with online buying, please help me out. Thank you! <3

I've come up twice shy when trying to buy 7th Gen GPU's, because I got scammed twice trying to buy a GTX 780ti. MSRP was 400 at launch for the 770. The cheapest 770's I can find start at 110, so make sure this seller has a return policy that doesn't have you paying for return shipping.

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

I'd say a significant amount of money, I remember paying $500 for a Calibre 680 from Newegg. They're worth about that much today though. We can't tell you whether the card is properly functional or not. If you can, you should test it, then send the money accordingly using some form of money transfer method.

4 minutes ago, Planeguy102 said:

I've come up twice shy when trying to buy 7th Gen GPU's, because I got scammed twice trying to buy a GTX 780ti. MSRP was 400 at launch for the 770. The cheapest 770's I can find start at 110, so make sure this seller has a return policy that doesn't have you paying for return shipping.

Ohhhhh. Damn dude it had to be twice. Were you able to return it though? Damn $400?! The guy just looks so innocent I can't help the urge on buying it. xD Thanks for the info! I'll make sure that the site does have a return policy. ?

It's about the same performance wise as a 1050 Ti. It's a decent deal. Where are you buying it from? That could tell us if how save it is to buy.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I'd say a significant amount of money, I remember paying $500 for a Calibre 680 from Newegg. They're worth about that much today though. We can't tell you whether the card is properly functional or not. If you can, you should test it, then send the money accordingly using some form of money transfer method.

Damn. It's so sad that gpu's are so expensive this days. Anyways, I'll be taking a deeper look at this guys history. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's about the same performance wise as a 1050 Ti. It's a decent deal. Where are you buying it from? That could tell us if how save it is to buy.

It's from olx ph

1 minute ago, Zzzzz69 said:

Ohhhhh. Damn dude it had to be twice. Were you able to return it though? Damn $400?! The guy just looks so innocent I can't help the urge on buying it. xD Thanks for the info! I'll make sure that the site does have a return policy. ?

I was able to return both of them, thankfully. Just be careful and make sure that the feedback (if you're on ebay) is SELLER feedback and not buyer feedback.

The 770 is right between the 1050ti and 1060 3GB.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2174vs3649

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB/2174vs3646

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

1 minute ago, Planeguy102 said:

I was able to return both of them, thankfully. Just be careful and make sure that the feedback (if you're on ebay) is SELLER feedback and not buyer feedback.

The 770 is right between the 1050ti and 1060 3GB.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2174vs3649

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB/2174vs3646

Good for you bro. Okay, noted. Thank you. ? If this guys is legit, I'm buying it. xD

Just now, Planeguy102 said:

looks suspicious. why is that the only thing he's selling?

He's probably a new guy

Just now, Zzzzz69 said:

He's probably a new guy

hmmm... go with it if you can guarantee that's working and/or he has a return policy of some sort.

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

Just now, Planeguy102 said:

hmmm... go with it if you can guarantee that's working and/or he has a return policy of some sort.

Okay bro. Thank you! I'll ask him hehe

Just now, Zzzzz69 said:

Okay bro. Thank you! I'll ask him hehe

I was too ballsy when I went into this, and I got spanked. just spreading the knowledge.

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

Ask for a video of it working while holding a piece of paper with your name written on it.

You shouldn't judge the value of an old card based on MSRP. Compare it to MSRP of the latest similar card. In this case, it's a 1050 Ti.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Ask for a video of it working while holding a piece of paper with your name written on it.

You shouldn't judge the value of an old card based on MSRP. Compare it to MSRP of the latest similar card. In this case, it's a 1050 Ti.

Okay bro. I will. I'll post it here if ever he does xD Ohhhh noted. Thanks ?

10 minutes ago, Planeguy102 said:

I was too ballsy when I went into this, and I got spanked. just spreading the knowledge.

xD Thanks bro. 

The guy said the he will message me through messenger. Still waiting XDD