World's CRAZIEST 5GHz LAPTOP

10 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Im thinking Univesrities might buy them for their PhD student who need the computing power but also have to be on the move a lot and can't lug around a ultra big rig everywhere

In that case i would look into a sort of farm to do the calculations for you. Depending what you do the computing power might be so gigantic it doesn't matter if you have 4, 8 or 12 cores. 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

12 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

In that case i would look into a sort of farm to do the calculations for you. Depending what you do the computing power might be so gigantic it doesn't matter if you have 4, 8 or 12 cores. 

That is true, however what about if you happen to be at a place which doesn't have the best internet line; ie hotels don't tend to have good internet download speeds

I don't get why you would need such a CPU in a gaming laptop, especially with only one mobile 1080. It would make more sense to make it a business laptop and put a high-end Quadro in it.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

You can do a lot with a high end CPU besides gaming. External graphics upgrade in the future may take advantage of the high clock speeds, ... but Thunderbolt 3 is a bottleneck.

Im all for Linus doing crazy things , but atleast do it properly.

I mean come on, its still being aircooled and badly at that.

At the very least you should have tried something like a universal waterblock and some heatsinks for the vrms.

That would have achieved far better results whilst being just as 'usable' ..or rather 'unusable' .

Still, it did show how important it is to replace the crap thermal compound laptops come with.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 5/30/2018 at 6:16 PM, samcool55 said:

I usually would say that it's the fault of the manufacturer of the laptop, but tbh this cpu kicks out such a stupid amount of heat i'm pointing at intel for this one.

Who thinks a cpu that can kick out up to 160W of heat by default belongs in a laptop?!

This is not new 

I’ve seen the Intel HK processors run supremely hot in pretty much every gaming laptop that has it.

The TDP is too high

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1