Which Car Looks Better (Poll)

Tocsin_786

Car Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. 2014 STI Hatchback, or 2013 G37 IPL

I want to know which car looks better. This poll is based purely on looks, and not performance. I want unbiased answers (whether you own the particular car or not) in order to win an argument with my cousin. 

Some stock car pictures to enjoy!

Subaru:

2013_subaru_impreza-wrx_4dr-hatchback_st

Awesome-Subaru-Sti-2013-for-Interior-Designing-Autocars-Plans-with-Subaru-Sti-2013.thumb.jpg.804bfa228edcf2570ae1adab662a0014.jpg

Infiniti

2011-infiniti-g37-coupe-ipl-live-from-pe

02-2012-infiniti-g37-ipl-review.jpg

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

There's only one correct answer, and it isn't the hatchback.

But at least this hatchback looks decent from the front.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Was never a fan of that generation of Impreza. The exterior looked odd and the interior was just cheap and uninspiring. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

>that scoob

what were they thinking...

That Infiniti looks pretty neat tho.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

G37. There are better looking G37s out there, the one you picked doesn't look all that great compared to some of the others I've seen.

I've also been in one and it felt like a comfortable, quality car. They're great cars.

The G37, 2 door sport cars usually look better than 4 door sport cars. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Comparing 2 different kinds of sports cars... I'd personally take the Impreza. G37's front looks nice but that rear is kinda ugly.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

6 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

I want to know which car looks better. This poll is based purely on looks, and not performance. I want unbiased answers (whether you own the particular car or not) in order to win an argument with my cousin. 

Some stock car pictures to enjoy!

Subaru:

Reveal hidden contents

2013_subaru_impreza-wrx_4dr-hatchback_st

Awesome-Subaru-Sti-2013-for-Interior-Designing-Autocars-Plans-with-Subaru-Sti-2013.thumb.jpg.804bfa228edcf2570ae1adab662a0014.jpg

Infiniti

Reveal hidden contents

2011-infiniti-g37-coupe-ipl-live-from-pe

02-2012-infiniti-g37-ipl-review.jpg

What...

This is one of the more ridiculous questions I've seen.

How do you intend on "winning" an argument against your cousin, for a question that is 100% based on personal aesthetic taste that will vary wildly per person?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

What...

This is one of the more ridiculous questions I've seen.

How do you intend on "winning" an argument against your cousin, for a question that is 100% based on personal aesthetic taste that will vary wildly per person?

Interesting, guess you've never argued with a family member over something completely stupid and irrelevant.

/s

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Interesting, guess you've never argued with a family member over something completely stupid and irrelevant.

/s

Oh I certainly do - I just don't go on forums on the internet to try and back up my totally arbitrary opinion xD

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh I certainly do - I just don't go on forums on the internet to try and back up my totally arbitrary opinion xD

Hehehe, I don't either. I ask random people at school :P 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Definitely the Subaru, though i might be a bit biased :P

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Personally I like the Impreza but I've always liked the Imprezas

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

its all fun, we aren't bashing each other. We talk about cars all the time and he doesn't like hatchbacks. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

2 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

its all fun, we aren't bashing each other. We talk about cars all the time and he doesn't like hatchbacks. 

Personally I'm not a huge hatch guy, but I do prefer the Subaru more.

That infiniti.... oh boy... that's a very ugly car.

28 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I'm not a huge hatch guy, but I do prefer the Subaru more.

That infiniti.... oh boy... that's a very ugly car.

There are only a handful of hatches that I do like as well, and this is probably my favorite one. The infinity truly is ugly. Its just too bulgy all over the place. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, he literally went ahead and put a pic of the worst looking G37 IPL out there, to compare it with one good looking STI. This looks much better and I've seen some that looked ahead of this one as well:

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasita-otomobil-infiniti-oto-stop-2008-g37s-masrafsiz-kusursuz-guzellik-541836490/detay

10 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, he literally went ahead and put a pic of the worst looking G37 IPL out there, to compare it with one good looking STI. This looks much better and I've seen some that looked ahead of this one as well:

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasita-otomobil-infiniti-oto-stop-2008-g37s-masrafsiz-kusursuz-guzellik-541836490/detay

I wanted to keep this as unbiased as possible. I chose a bone stock STI, and a stock IPL, I chose the STI because that's what I was arguing for, and he chose the picture for the IPL. So We cancelled out all variables on our ends. Beauty really does depend on the individual. 

The STi personally

Yeah, the hatchback style isn't for everyone, but I actually liked the general look of it though the previous-generation models looked more attractive IMHO.

And I'm also personally Evo-biased too

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Having a different take at it, if you're buying that car, you should be looking at the X version. Not the IPL. AWD is far more important than that little amount of extra added power. The non-IPL cabrios and coupes look so much better in black and silver.

On a car-quality level, the G37 has most things a modern everyday sports car driver would like to ask out of. Infotainment screen with navi, back cam, perforated seats (on some). So on and so forth. The Subaru, on the other hand, lacks most if not partly all of those things as it doesn't even have a proper screen. The G37 also has variable vertical valve engine, and got a 7-speed tiptronic gearbox with large metal paddle shifters sitting right behind your fingers (have been in a G37S sedan). It's a really good car and I'd put it above the Subaru in almost every way.

Don't know what the point of your argument with your family member was about, seems pointless.

17 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Having a different take at it, if you're buying that car, you should be looking at the X version. Not the IPL. AWD is far more important than that little amount of extra added power. The non-IPL cabrios and coupes look so much better in black and silver.

On a car-quality level, the G37 has most things a modern everyday sports car driver would like to ask out of. Infotainment screen with navi, back cam, perforated seats (on some). So on and so forth. The Subaru, on the other hand, lacks most if not partly all of those things as it doesn't even have a proper screen. The G37 also has variable vertical valve engine, and got a 7-speed tiptronic gearbox with large metal paddle shifters sitting right behind your fingers (have been in a G37S sedan). It's a really good car and I'd put it above the Subaru in almost every way.

Don't know what the point of your argument with your family member was about, seems pointless.

I like the Subaru for its purely no frills straight forward sports car vibe. Its manual only, It doesn't have a luxury interior, but its very functional, and the upper tier models do have navi screens and the tech, and it has a big modding culture, which I'm a fan of (considering I also like to build my PCs and stuff). I drove the G37, and it apparently also has 4 wheel steering. But It's a lay back and enjoy the ride kind of car, while the STI is more enjoyment of the car itself. But he mainly thinks the Subaru (and all hatchbacks) looks ugly, while I think that the G37 (and most Nissan cars from that generation) looks horrible.