5 Beeps Gigabyte board

SamuelJE

Hi,

I'm having issues with the gigabyte H310M S2H. it's beeping 5 times shortly, but not quickly. I've replaced RAM, removed GPU, and re set CPU. I've also cleared the CMOS. Things are pointing towards a CPU or MOBO fault. Anyone got any ideas? Or had similar issues? Any help would be appreciated :)

Samuel Edwards

- IT Engineer and Media Producer -

Religious theology diploma and over half a dozen certificates in Advanced Computing and IT.

Current Project:   Mineral Oil Cooled PC

Just trying to be friendly and help where I can. Have yourself a great day!

Use @SamuelJE for friendly tech help :)

Main PC - "The Genesis"

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3

CPU     -   intel i5-6600K 4Ghz on water

GPU     -   MSI GTX970 "Red Dragon"

Case    -   Zalman Z11 Plus (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

OSD     -   Crucial 275GB M.2 SSD

SSD     -   Crucial 250GB SATA SSD

HDD    -    4TB WD Green x 2

Disp     -   LG ultra wide Gaming Monitor

Secondary PC - "Jonah"   (Mineral oil PC)

Mobo   -   Gigabyte GA-B250-DH1

CPU     -   intel i5-7500 Under Oil

GPU     -   Nvidia GTX 660 (Favorite and first ever GPU)

Case    -   A Fish Tank W/ Custom Engineered Mounting System (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

2 minutes ago, star_weaver said:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816
should be applicable to your board

Yes of course. But the chances of it being a CPU fault are miniscule. Any ideas apart from that possiblity?

Samuel Edwards

Religious theology diploma and over half a dozen certificates in Advanced Computing and IT.

Main PC - "The Genesis"

Case    -   A Fish Tank W/ Custom Engineered Mounting System (Custom RGB Obviously, It's 2017 bro...)

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

Just now, SamuelJE said:

Yes of course. But the chances of it being a CPU fault are miniscule. Any ideas apart from that possiblity?

im leaning towards board fault, since going by that list and what youve said it looks like an RTC error, usually caused by bad board battery from my experience

3 minutes ago, star_weaver said:

im leaning towards board fault, since going by that list and what youve said it looks like an RTC error, usually caused by bad board battery from my experience

Ok cool, I tried a different display and it is booting fine now. Very strange. will continue to diagnose.

Samuel Edwards

Main PC - "The Genesis"

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

[SOLUTION]

Turns out this motherboard will give a cpu error warning if a display is not attached or a display cable is damaged, and prevent boot. Found it deep in reddit. It has been reported to Gigabyte a number of times and nothing has come of it. So the more yah know I guess.

Samuel Edwards

Main PC - "The Genesis"

HDD    -    2TB WD Green

• 6 months later...
On 5/28/2018 at 2:10 AM, SamuelJE said:

[SOLUTION]

Turns out this motherboard will give a cpu error warning if a display is not attached or a display cable is damaged, and prevent boot. Found it deep in reddit. It has been reported to Gigabyte a number of times and nothing has come of it. So the more yah know I guess.

Idk if you will ever see this reply, but I cannot thank you enough for this tip. I've been banging my head for the last week over this.

Two different processors, two different motherboards from gigabyte, I've read voltages, reset cmos, reseated ram, reseated the cpu idk how many times! 5 beeps everytime! Which according to gigabyte is a cpu error..... I switched display cables and boom, up and running. You've got to be kidding me.

• 1 year later...
On 12/19/2018 at 2:13 PM, scottwp said:

Idk if you will ever see this reply, but I cannot thank you enough for this tip. I've been banging my head for the last week over this.

Two different processors, two different motherboards from gigabyte, I've read voltages, reset cmos, reseated ram, reseated the cpu idk how many times! 5 beeps everytime! Which according to gigabyte is a cpu error..... I switched display cables and boom, up and running. You've got to be kidding me.

So I had the same issues. Looked around at a few places. It seems the 5 beeps can be caused by a few things.  I was running a Gigabyte H310M-H-2.0.

Tried - New HDMI Cable
Tried - New Monitor

Tried - Running 2 differant VGA

Tried - New CMOS Battery

Tried - New Ram

Tried - Removing all non crucial parts

None of this worked. But others have had success with the above things. So don't rule them out if you have this issue.

- Some people removed their RAM and ran the pc without RAM. Restarted with RAM in and worked fine.

- Some also had the error ONLY happen when a GPU was present. When they removed this the error stopped.

I had this error with NO GPU, I added a $40 GPU and boom...error gone and booted fine.

Made an account just to put this info on the net...seems as though some people are spending days/weeks trying to get to this point. Hope this helps.

looks like you got a solution

was going to say I had a similar problem where in it was actually the display cable, it would work fine on one display but not others (likely from resolution difference) and I was going nuts until I just used a different cable and figured out why later

Spoiler

CPU: TR3960x enermax 360 AIO Mobo: Aorus Master RAM: 128gb ddr4 trident z royal PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w GPU: 5700xt, 5500xt, rx590 Case: c700p black edition Display: Asus MG279Q ETC: Living the VM life many accessories as needed Storage: My personal cluster is now over 100tb!

• 5 months later...
On 5/28/2018 at 9:10 AM, SamuelJE said:

[SOLUTION]

I recently upgraded my system from an intel celeron g4900 3.1ghz, from 4 to 8 gb ram and from gt 710 1gb gddr4 to a gtx 1650 4gb gbbd5 oc edition. I have an old monitor with only vga and dvi ports so i biught a hdmi to vga adaptor for it. This problem occyrs everytime i move the case. This  really made me feel great coz i thought theres something broke with my components. I got no more more money too even repair it. Im 15 btw. :))

• 1 year later...

*FIXED* So guys, i finally fixed my problem. I have gigabyte z390 gaming sli motherboard with i9 9900k and some liquid cooling for processor. Seems that my problem was my cooler water pump was not connected with current. Somehow it was disconnected by accident.

• 7 months later...

Fixed. 5 beeps only with GPU.
I changed HDMI cable and my PC case.

My old PC case was one of the cheapest when I bought and after trade my GPU I noted that the video card was a little undocked.

After try a lot of solutions, I removed all parts and mount the parts outside the case. Worked.